Indian Motorcycle Community

Imc - extended warranty availability:

Everyone - FYI:

If you are keeping your Indian - And considering an extended warranty - ACT NOW.

E.W. companies are removing Indian from their approved list - Or limiting the coverage available - Due to parts availability and repair/labor costs.  (Fellow PP100 owners...)

This trend will continue - And may cause you to be ineligible for any warranty - Once the final IMC announcement is made.

Thanks, Danny

Danny,

Just to back you up on your info...

I had a warranty problem with my starter, and they didnt get started on my work until after the shutdown.  It was still under the factory warranty, but since IMC closed, my factory warranty was available.  My dealer called the extended company and they said they would honor the warranty.  Even though I had about 6 months left on the factory.  

So if anyone is thinking about an extended, get one soon because its worth the $$.

Brian

:nod:  I for one am keepin my Indian... I have the Warrantech aftermarket warranty. So far they have covered the bike (throw out bearing)- no questions asked. Anybody having issues w/ aftermarket warranties? Is Pinacle hangin in there?

jp

I just purchased a Pinnacle warranty from my dealer last month.  I have not yet had to use it, but expect to soon on my tranny or clutch.  They charged me double the price (as a used bike) even though I bought it new in June.  Pinnacle is telling people (and dealers) they will not sell Indian warranties unless they are purchased at the same time the bike is being sold as used.  You can figure how I got around that.

Brian:

More info for our members:

1)  What state do you live in...

2)  What warranty company was it...

Thanks, Danny

IMC is closed. If the parts you need are O.E.M. only, you may never get them, warrenty or not. Having your bike set at a repair shop while you wait for parts that don't exist is a bad investment. The only indian parts that are not available in the aftermarket are parts for the power plus engine. Excluding frames and a few other rarely used items.

p.s. it won't be long before your insurance company shits on you. :cry:

Danny,

I live in San Diego(thats california for anyone who hasnt read the bible and read the chapter for the directions to the promised land), and I have a Warrantech warranty.  Anyone who wants to give them a call...1-888-650-5053.  No questions asked when they fixed my starter.  But I am not sure if they will sell them after the fact...never know!

Also, to Lucky who wrote about IMC being out of Biz.  I was at one of the local dealers yesterday, and they told me that someone bought IMC, and they are just waiting for the announcement.  

And also, I laid my bike down about two weeks before the shutdown.  I was actually on my way to drop it off for the starter fix.  So basically I had the left side of my bike pretty much screwed up.  When they got to my bike(after my Insurance adjusters got all the paper work together), the factory had shut down.  My dealer didnt have all the parts, but they called around and bought parts from other dealers.  I dont know how your dealer is, but mine bent over backwards.  If your dealer isnt willing to go the extra mile right now for you in these times, then I would try another place if you can.

Brian

Hey luckjr:

Normally I'm pretty tolerant - But I'm not going to allow ignorant Indian bashing.

I challenge you to name any "OEM" part you claim "does not exist".  

The most difficult parts are for the PP100 - And BlackHawk has us covered.

Go to the "mechanical" section - You will find info on virtually every part - And in most cases the original suppliers.

Have you seen the posts - Where Indian riders have had their extended warranties pick up repairs - Even though the warranty companies weren't obligated yet?

Before you cry wolf again - Check your facts.

As for insurance - The reason I don't own a HellBound Steel Wicked Chopper - Is because of the $6000 annual premium.  

I could afford it - But couldn't justify it.

If you can't afford it or justify it.  Sell it.

That is - If you own one.

Thanks, Danny

For what it's worth I picked up an extended warranty from Warrantybynet. It was about 750 for 4 years, but, it starts from the day you purchase so if Indian doesn't cover it they will. But i had coverage when i purchased it so it may have been less. I haven't had to use it yet but i figure 1 starter or major problem and its pays for itself. I still hope i don't have to use it.

Sounds like some of you are shitting in one hand and wishing in the other. Have you ever thought about joining up too the nation of Islam????

Their done......Once you fuck your dealer network and your customer base, all that is left is a fat dick up your ass and a empty billfold.

Indian of Reno Nv. will not honor factory warrenties, and they will not honor the extended factory warrenties.

They sell, as of last weekend , a warrenty program but also say the factory is closed.

Re-read my first post, you simple minded, wishfull saps.

With your attitude?

I'm suprised their not bending over backwards for you.

But then again - It sounds like you aren't even sure who stuck their fat dick up your ass - And made you pay for it by stealing your money...

And my original issue with you remains.

Name any "OEM" part - That you claim "Doesn't Exist".

Here is a much better idea...

Why don't you sell your Indian - And buy yourself one of those pretty light blue Miata's.  

If you're lucky jr - Maybe the dealer will be able to find you an automatic.

Leave the Indians to people who appreciate them.  And can handle them.

Thanks, Danny

:no: It constantly amazes me that when someone talks bad about IMC,FOC, or even what one rides, that a handfull of so call proud Indian owners FIRST and most basic comeback reply is to respond with the " your just talking bad about our bikes bacause  your not a true Indian owner" argument. I hear it all the time. I'm beginning to think it is part of some indoctrinated mantra that you learn in a Indian seminar class.

I purchased a Warranty Gold, and I will no be suing them to get reimbursed for a claim that they would not pay. Their excuses were many for not paying, and they changed daily. They finally called me and told me that they were going to credit my credit card in full for the policy because the sold me the policy by mistake! They stated that they wanted me to be able to use the full amount of the refund to have my motor rebuilt.

Ther are in breach of contract, and though I will have to pay initially to get the repairs, I will now have to sue to get reimbursed. I would avoid Warranty Gold like it was VD. I can add that you better get an extended warranty if you want one, and while you can as the warrantyu companies are becoming very restrictive on their acceptance of Indian motorcycles. :bomb:

I am skeptical of any insurance company, but was going to buy an extended policy and then decided not. I figure it this way; cost for a 3 yr. policy that I priced was $1400 bucks. If I take that $1400 and invest it at 6 to 9% I should be able to pay for most repairs myself. I am a bit mechanically enclined, so I am not afriad to wrench the bike myself, so most of my cost will be in parts. I do have an S&S motor, making parts a little easier to get.

Food for thought.

XUXAW:

I agree with you - Most IIRA members take things too personally - When negative topics (FOC/IMC/etc...) are brought up.

Usually - If I have a different opinion - I listen to their side of the story - And then decide if it adds or alters my viewpoint.

As I stated in an earlier post - OF COURSE my viewpoints are the most important to me - Same as mine take a backseat to yours.

We all have the right to post our opinions.

And we all have the right to call "BullShit" - When we disagree.

So I called "BullShit" - On LuckyJr's ignorant post:  

"If the parts you need are O.E.M. only, you may never get them, warrenty or not. Having your bike set at a repair shop while you wait for parts that don't exist is a bad investment."

I have twice challenged him to back up his statement - And name any "OEM" parts - That he claims "Do not exist".

No response.  Either time.

Thanks, Danny

Dan, not to jump in on your posts with luckyjr, but as time goes by some things will be hard or impossible to get. I suspect like most people here, i have been buying items i believe will be hard to come by. I recently contacted thunderheart in ref to the speedo bezel for my 2000 chief. They made it, they have none in stock, they have no intention to make more at this time. I could pick one up on ebay now, which i will probably do.

But in short order these will be impossible to get unless thunderheart makes them again. Same with the dash, they are making more now but consider it an "OLD" part, wont list on the web site and "may" not produce it. I use this one part just to make a point. I dont have an 03 so i dont know what you can and cant get for your bike. Let me end by saying this is not a rant about my bike or bashing Indian, i love these bikes,

i will never sell mine and will probably buy another..but face it, some parts will be hard or impossible to get.

Sounds like some of you are shitting in one hand and wishing in the other. Have you ever thought about joining up too the nation of Islam????

Their done......Once you fuck your dealer network and your customer base, all that is left is a fat dick up your ass and a empty billfold.

Indian of Reno Nv. will not honor factory warrenties, and they will not honor the extended factory warrenties.

They sell, as of last weekend , a warrenty program but also say the factory is closed.

Re-read my first post, you simple minded, wishfull saps.

You seem so angry. Did they pull the big fucking dick out to soon or what. Do we all have to use Indian of Reno, Nevada. Long fucking ride for a dealer that won't honor anythng. I think I'll stick to mine, who said he would honor my warranty. But then luckyjr, you may know more about my wrench than my wrench. shit maybe i'm just a simple minded wishful sap. but i'm still riding the sweetest bike around.

I do not think its a montra or brain washing that we Indian owners/riders go through. These are tough times and to some extent we all have been betrayed by the Corporate Suits.

I for one do not like the Idea of being left twisting in the wind on the warranty or parts issues. But it happened.  Things could be worse....Just ask the workers who lost thier jobs at IMC and how they are going to spend their Holliday.

Does that make me want to dump my Indian and run to Hardley or another brand? HELL NO !!!! People have the right to complain... But all the facts should be known first. Thats what this forum is about.  After that if "they" are not happy with the options available then "they" need  do what is best for them.

As a Military veteran  I like to say, " Its a freedom that was earned and should be enjoyed by everyone." I always wanted an Indian Motorcycle since I was knee high to a duck. now I own one (good or bad) I will stick with it.

I also own a 1929 hotrod. Its not under any kind of warranty and I put money into her for upkeep on a regular basis. I do this because Its my passion. If you look at your Indian Motorcycle in the same light you will all get through this.

As for parts availability "adapt Improvise and overcome"

Semper Fi!!!

Blue Lou  

:blues:

NJRoadDawg:

While I agree some parts will be hard to find - Does that mean others aren't available?

It's a personal choice - But just because I can't find an Indian issue PP100 oil filter - Doesn't mean I won't hesitate to use an HD Evo one instead.

Now that's a simple one - Here is a harder one...

My '03 Chief has been getting condensation inside the speedo since day one.  The dealer said they did all they can.  I've taken it apart myself and siliconed the crap out of it.  No luck.

Eventually the damn thing will quit working.  And I'll replace it.  Maybe with a digital set up - Maybe something else.

It's not like we are on a deserted island.  

And hands down - The best feature of this forum - Is being able to call on your IIRA brothers and sisters for help.

Chances are - Someone has already faced - And solved the issue you will be facing.

Keep warm.  I'm going for a ride.  Foggy speedo and all...

Thanks, Danny

Elmer Fug--- butt and Stu,

Minimize your losses. Think good business. The end result is they are worth more dead than alive. I tried to buy two common seals , and was told the factory is closed.  

Re-read the post??

It was a good thing they are simple and available in the aftermarket.

Whatever the fuck, "the factory is closed", means, I do not know.

What I do know is they were not for sale.

So Elmer---fudge butt and Stu, why would you buy a warrenty from a surviving dealer who is out of contact with their supplier??

LuckyJr:

You SHOULDN'T buy your warranty from that dealer.

Spend your cash elsewhere.

Talk to other riders in your area - And find out who their extended warranties are with - And the level of service they're getting...

Then go direct to the issuing company if possible.  If not - Make a post here and I'm sure someone can help you get your warranty in place.

Another issue you stated was your dealer not even honoring your current extended warranty.  I would call the warranty company direct.  The problem may be with your dealer - Not the warranty.

On my previous Benz - I had the same issue.  It turned out the dealer had been caught turing in inflated repair orders - So the warranty company referred me to another dealer for service work.

I'm not saying that's the case - But there must be a reason your dealer isn't willing to collect the $$$ from a warranty other than IMC's.  (After the first year - Even the IMC extended warranties are serviced and underwritten by a third party.)

If it is true - That your extended warranty company simply won't cover your repairs.  Contact your state insurance regulatory body - And file a formal complaint.

Good luck.

Thanks, Danny

Archived