Indian Motorcycle Community

December 22 northern indiana

I can't believe it is the 22nd of December already , what a year this has been for us all . Seems like yesterday I was asking a million questions in this forum about buying an Indian , low and behold in February this year I bought the Chief. Except for it being down a few weeks here and there for engine issues, it has been on the road since it was delivered. What really amazes me is that the last week or two I have only seen a handful of bikes out besides myself. Now granted the weather is warmer today(43 degrees) than it has been quite a few. If the roads are dry and the sky is clear..........well get yer knees in the breeze!!!  I am heading back out now for what may be the last putt of the year on the Chief.. :(  We have snow forecast starting tomorrow and I will get out the Road Queen as my winter beater.....you all have a joyous and safe holiday and I hope to see a bunch of you in Daytona!!!  Peace be with you all my brothers and sisters    :moped:

Thanks BD...I have been riding down here in the south with lows in high 20s and highs in 50s during day...most mornings it is 30-35 on my 1 hour morning ride.

Saturday went to local HD dealer to get a new visor for my half helmet...dropped mine and the bitch broke...and pull into the large parking area and every single spot was filled with a truck, SUV or luxary car....so I motored to the rear...and all the spots but one was filled with autos again...and the only bikes were those for sale or being worked on by the shop.  So took the open spot and went inside and got a new visor....$3.95 which was a surprise since I expected over $10.00 for the little piece of plastic.  The store was booming with shoppers and it felt good to be the only bike rider in a bikers shop...hahahhha

Went outside to crank up the red hot bitch...and found out why that spot was empty.  I had bird shit all over my red chief...I mean everywhere...that must be the local OUTHOUSE for berry eating blackbirds.  So I flikked off the bird shit...cranked her up and took off again...

I retire in 3 months....I graduate from college in April...my Chief is running well...the wife still lusts after my body (in my mind at least) and I may be meeting my IIRA brothers and sisters in Daytona this year...so life is good.  Only one thing could make it better...and hopefully today will bear good news...but dont want to jinx it...so will just wait.

Take care BigDog...Merry Christmas bro... :pirate1:

...the wife still lusts after my body (in my mind at least) ...

She may need professional help!!

Rosie

I have been riding down here in the south with lows in high 20s and highs in 50s during day...most mornings it is 30-35 on my 1 hour morning ride.

Today, Dec 22  Partly Cloudy 55°/34°

Tue, Dec 23  Mostly Cloudy 55°/45°

Hmmmn.  I haven't ridden since the 12th, but I may have to go home and ride a little today, and ride to work tomorrow too!  That's what the chaps are for...

My local weather

I too am resisting putting it up for winter.

It was nice yesterday, so I took my not-yet-Mrs out for a couple of Christmas errands myself.

And today, it's supposed to be 59 degrees, and I rode in this morning.  I can't wait for quitting time...

Steve, the 70 degrees is N'awlins isn't as wonderful as the fact that it's not raining.   :D  Have some gumbo for me and say Hi to Beth Patterson at O'Flaherty's.   :cppl1

You're right in fact it's raining today. :(

On the gumbo front no problem, I'll be having some tomorrow. My Dad has been cooking up a big pot on Christmas Eve for the last 40 years or so. The hello won't be a problem either, I always meet a bunch of friends in the Quarter on Christmas night and O'Flaherty's is between Engine 29 (where I park) and Pat O'Brien's.

Hey BD I had my knees in the breeze weekend before last! I was pretty lonley out there. I am looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the crew next year!

Cant make Daytona, I have commited my funds elsewhere. I think it will pay off in the end. Have a good one my friend and all my best to you and yours this holliday season.

BlueLou :blues:

Archived