/                    \

l     Indian of     l

l     BOSTON     l

l                      l

l    1 jul 2001    l

l                      l

l   1 dec 2003   l

vVvvv           VVv vv

That leaves only Worcester and Springfield out of 7 former Dealers in New England.

Well, the upside is I'll either get to run over Wachusett or blast down 190 at a..umm...er...leisurely pace to War Chester.

It'll suck if Worcester goes south, but Springfield would be a fitting last stand.

Who am I kiddin'? It sucks any way ya slice it.

You sure about that? I talked to Pete at the Ride on event and he said things were goin pretty good.

You forgot to mention Kittery in your New England dealers. They're still up and running.  :cool:

Kittery Motorsports really stopped being an Indian dealer before the close.  They are concentrating on Bigdog and such.

Pete is moving the operation to Worcester because Wagner has a BIG building there.  

The Boston store is a rental, and since he is circling his wagons to the Worcester and Springfield locations rather than just throwing in the towel it makes them more viable.

And it is good for us.  Lots of stuff there from their Wethersfield CT store too.

Worcester is just about dead center for all us New England Indian Riders.  Pete has been in contact with BlackHawk so if your looking to get work done to the PP100 this Winter I think he has already shipped one engine.

Do you guys have a phone number and or web address for the Boston and Springfield stores....I want shirts from both ....I have family in western mass (holyoke) and on the cape so I figured I outta get some shirts from the East coast...hearty thanks in advance...

I am happy about the move to Worcester only a few miles from my home. I will throw my bussiness Pete's way now. :)  Goes to show how how IMC uncertainty fi hurting the standup dealers. :(

Do you guys have a phone number and or web address for the Boston and Springfield stores....I want shirts from both ....I have family in western mass (holyoke) and on the cape so I figured I outta get some shirts from the East coast...hearty thanks in advance...

Indian of Boston (617) 389-2221  Don't know the other stores info...

Oh yeah, I know the place. I did a little rigging job over at Abbott Labs across from UMass last week and I wuz driving by the Ducati sign on the way over to 190 and I remember thinkin how does Ducati find the market while Indian tanks?

Well, so be it. Still better than no dealer. If it folds, still better to have the sled than no Indian at all.

• 4 weeks later...
Heard yesterday Wagners will not be reopening at all. Will be auctioning off all bikes and parts from the other three stores closed. Just one more indication that IMC will not be back. If there was any intention to restart they wouldnt be starving out their dealer network. As far as HD taking over, Ford has been talking seriously with BMW to take over their lines including motorcycles and ford has been talking to HD about taking the motorcycles. This would give HD a worldwide dealer platform to operate from. So it stands to reason why would they have an interest in a line that has no dealer network left. Their only interest would be to buy the name and deep six it forever. Hd's are in surplus now and selling close to MSRP so how would IMC compete. Hate to be a peeimist but its over lets move on! Stock up on those parts that will forever be lost and accept the fact that were joinin the ranks of the pre 53 classics. One things for sure IIRA will become even stronger with the limited number of owners out there. B&T :veryangry:  :grouphug:

Archived