Indian Motorcycle Community

Mike wilson aka "lumpy"

I am beyond words with sorrow to write this but must. I run a resort here in Branson MO that caters primarily to the older retired crowd. We also work towards the archers as we specialize in hunting. Last October I had the distinct pleasure to meet Mike Wilson at an event we call the Branson Bow Bash. For 4 days, Mike was my guest and was a genuinely great guy to meet and know. He was also passionate about his Indian Motorcycles and told me quite a lot about the history of the bike.

The night before Mike left to go back to California, he came to see me and asked me about putting together a large Indian ride to culminate here in Branson. As our resort is on Indian Point it seemed like a cool idea. Branson is the middle of America and apparently he knew some people here in Springfield (one I recall had a nickname of "Nasty") and thought our location would be ideal. We toyed with names and so forth and said we would explore it more in detail later on.

Then tonight on my Bowhunting forum I learned the following devastating news.

"...My dear brothers and sisters of the sites, and all Wingnuts, it is sad news that my wife and I received this A.M. Maureen, Mike's girl friend called my wife at her office a short time ago to tell us that Mike (Lumpy) died of a heart attack on the 27th while in his truck. Maureen will call us later to give us more details. Maureen, who visited us with Mike awhile back, called us because she knew we could post the sad news. We'll post more information as soon as we receive it!

My prayers go out for our brother.

Aloha, with a heavy heart..."

I don't know what to say. Mike was a dear person and extraordinarily sweet. He was young as well and that makes this twice as awful.

May he rest in peace and for his familiy our sincerest condolences.

Michael and Handan Kugler

My apologies, I am not familiar with this forum and was only directed here to it by Mike when he was out here visiting us. I was just told of the the other posting on the Chiefs section and am sorry for starting this 2nd thread.

Respectfully, Mike

Maybe we should continue with the Branson run and Call it "Lumpy's Run to Indian Point".

What da ya think Flames?

I like the idea Jeff !!!  If I don't break down and get a job too soon.... :down:

Maybe we should continue with the Branson run and Call it "Lumpy's Run to Indian Point".

What da ya think Flames?

Hell, I might could do this one, too!!

Rosie

Go for it Guys I think that would be a great Tribute to Lumpy...Its kind of a Culmination Of Hunting and Biking which Lumpy luved to do!!!Jammin.gif

Junior!!Yeahh.gif

For those of you that would be interested in seeing a bit more on Mike before his passing, here is a link to the write up that I did on the Branson Bow Bash with a nice photo of the infamous Lumpy and CAT dance together.

http://www.huntersfriendresort.com/past_bbb.htm

The gathering was to honor another man by the name of Jeff Coggins, "TennBow" because he is a dear person in our archery world and because he has terminal cancer as well. He is an avowed right winger and his nemesis Doug Smith is our resident left winger. We held this gathering so the two of them could meet for at least once before Jeff's time became too short. God knows we never thought Mike would pass away beforehand...

Doug and Jeff were arguing for the crowd on the subject of homosexuality and things were getting heated. Clearly this was a hot topic and we were having a hell of a lot of fun watching the two of them go at it. Just then, everyone started to scream in laughter as we look back, and there on the dancefloor was Lumpy and CAT sharing a 2 step together!!! Goodness! We were so tickled you can never imagine. Calmed everything down right away.

I recall the following day a couple of things in particular. #1, Jeff was giving out some items and at the end of the day he selected Mike to get his quiver and arrows. That was SO cool. The quiver was custom made and Jeff signed a personal message to Mike on it. The 2nd thing I recall was that Jeff, Mike, my wife and I were the only ones left at the resort after everyone else had scrammed for home. We all took off to Golden Corral to have a goodbye meal together and we had a nice chat about boar hunting.

Now for my own personal interest in Mike. Over on the Bowsite, we all have our "monikers", same as here. I am known as Blitzburgh there, Mike was still Lumpy, etc. The one thing that was interesting beforehand was I knew that Lumpy had a "TM" mark at the end of his moniker. No one else over there on the Bowsite has one and this always struck me peculiar. So when he showed up here in Branson and told me he was "Lumpy" from the Bowsite the first thing out of my mouth was "How'd did you get the TM after your handle?" He laughed and said it was a bowsite secret and of course he would have to kill me if he told me. ;) I was fascinated with that and here was the person who captured it. Small, but uninteresting piece of trivia for my own personal memories.

It was fascinating to listen to Mike speak about his motorcycle as it was obvious how much he cared for it. I am not a biker and don't pretend to be, but have a lot of respect for people that are passionate about such things. I especially liked the fact that the bike was made in America.

God Bless you Mike Wilson and thank you for being a small part of our life. You were a very welcome visitor in it.

Mike

Thanks for sharig another side of Lumpy that some people didn't know about.  We were over at Norine's house and then Lumpy's trying to find a way to let his bow-hunting friends know of his travels.  I really appreciate you taking the time to remember our friend on our boards.  Again, it speaks not only of your great character, but of the character of the friend we all lost.

Thank you.

Thanks for sharig another side of Lumpy that some people didn't know about.  We were over at Norine's house and then Lumpy's trying to find a way to let his bow-hunting friends know of his travels.  I really appreciate you taking the time to remember our friend on our boards.  Again, it speaks not only of your great character, but of the character of the friend we all lost.

Thank you.

:wave: WELL SAID........my freind, just know'n LUMPY shot a bow,..puts him on another level....TED NUGENT (1 of michigan's FINEST) has a album the deer hunter,N there's a song about FRED BEAR (another #1 from Mi.)

if ya get a chance,...listen to it! "I'll always think of LUMPY when I hear it ........NOW"

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

Archived