Indian Motorcycle Community

Bidding for imc-latest news

just got off the phone with mike jonsich with cma-the liquidator of imc. as of today all bidders are out and their plans are to sell the company in pieces. the trademark/intellectual property will be seperate from factory, equip,ect

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s funny that they are just now announcing that. They have been selling it in small pieces for over a month now. At least they had sold a few of the properties and I know one of the bidders backed out when they found out that CMA sold a few key pieces of machinery.

I guess now it just makes it official that they will no long try at all to keep it together.

I wish the Eller group and the Cow Creek Indians would get back in the game, they had a better plan and a better bike (for Indian) in the first place.

ONLY SCENARIO WOULD BE GOOD IS IF SOMEONE BOUGHT TRADEMARK/INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY SAY, FOR A MILLION GIVE OR TAKE, STARTS SMALL PUTS OUT QUALITY, CONTROLS GROWTH, STAYS FOCUSED, THINGS THAT WE ALL HAVE TO DO TO STAY IN BUSINESS, THEN YOU GOT A CHANCE. LOOK AT BOURGET, IRONHORSE, BIG-DOG, TOO MANY TO LIST. IT STILL CAN HAPPEN, THE MONEY IS IN THE TRADEMARK/RIGHTS AND IS WAY MORE AFFORDABLE TO MORE ENTITIES, SO THIS MAY NOT BE AS BAD AS IT LOOKS. GOTTA WAIT UNTIL THE FAT LADY SINGS. WAIT! WHAT IF SOME PEOPLE LIKE OURSELVES GET SOME MONEY TOGETHER LIKE WILLY G. AND EMPLOYEES DID FOR HARLEY IN79-80 SMD BUY BACK THE RIGHTS, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. I'M IN! ANYBODY ELSE?

ONLY SCENARIO WOULD BE GOOD IS IF SOMEONE BOUGHT TRADEMARK/INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY SAY, FOR A MILLION GIVE OR TAKE, STARTS SMALL PUTS OUT QUALITY, CONTROLS GROWTH, STAYS FOCUSED, THINGS THAT WE ALL HAVE TO DO TO STAY IN BUSINESS, THEN YOU GOT A CHANCE. LOOK AT BOURGET, IRONHORSE, BIG-DOG, TOO MANY TO LIST. IT STILL CAN HAPPEN, THE MONEY IS IN THE TRADEMARK/RIGHTS AND IS WAY MORE AFFORDABLE TO MORE ENTITIES, SO THIS MAY NOT BE AS BAD AS IT LOOKS. GOTTA WAIT UNTIL THE FAT LADY SINGS. WAIT! WHAT IF SOME PEOPLE LIKE OURSELVES GET SOME MONEY TOGETHER LIKE WILLY G. AND EMPLOYEES DID FOR HARLEY IN79-80 SMD BUY BACK THE RIGHTS, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. I'M IN! ANYBODY ELSE?

That sounds great but we need to have a few people who could make it happen at the top.

Again, it would be nice to get Eller back in the game. Do you know how to get ahold of them?

just got off the phone with mike jonsich with cma-the liquidator of imc. as of today all bidders are out and their plans are to sell the company in pieces. the trademark/intellectual property will be seperate from factory, equip,ect

CMA IMC FOC's us agin

If we're going to start Indian up ourselves then I must submit my name to become of the key presidents or VP's or something important.  In my own words there's not very much I can do very well, but with practice I believe I can sit behind a big desk, ack reasonably important, and pull down $250,000 plus per year.  

If you have any questions, "I'll get back with you on that."

Probably would'nt have bought the Eller bike, at that point i would have went with a Springfield Indian. If Indian does start again and its small like Bourget or Iron Horse i think they have to keep the bikes under the 35K that the others go for.Big difference between 18-24k and 35k for a bike.

All that expensive, extravigant manufacturing equipment, the top heavy computer, furniture office supplied 'corporate' personel structure, big fancy state of the art building/manufacturing facility and that high price manufacturing labor, ALWAYS had to GO!  Those were a lot of the 'operational cost' problems which helped drive IMC into closure.  No person in there right mind would have stepped up and 'took over' (purchased)  all those expensive mistakes to 'carry on'!  But, take the trade mark ONLY and go back to some backwoods, bare minimum, manufacture/assembly facility and ANYBODY could put a FEW Indians per month together and make a SMALL profit to start with and let it grow from there!

Like I said a couple of months ago on this site.  I wish the Indian name would sell for $1.00.  If it was viewed as that worthless, only some builder with 'heart and sole' would buy it just to start building one at a time 'Indians' and Ill bet he'd make it!

If we're going to start Indian up ourselves then I must submit my name to become of the key presidents or VP's or something important.  In my own words there's not very much I can do very well, but with practice I believe I can sit behind a big desk, ack reasonably important, and pull down $250,000 plus per year.  

If you have any questions, "I'll get back with you on that."

Have your people call my people and we'll see what can be worked out...LMAO!!!

One of 2 Eller Indian 1998 Prototypes

LABINDN1-2.JPG

I think they would have gone tits up in 4 months instead of 4 years, that thing looks like a two wheeled golf cart.

This thing looks like a Cumasucky! :bsplit:  :alien:

Well, being one of the lowly dummies who bought a 2K Chief my opinion doesn't mean as much as a VIP like yourself, but I do know one thing- that's one fugly bike, and I wouldn't have bought one- Just My Dumb Opinion :no:

One of 2 Eller Indian 1998 Prototypes

LABINDN1-2.JPG

I think they would have gone tits up in 4 months instead of 4 years, that thing looks like a two wheeled golf cart.

This thing looks like a Cumasucky! :bsplit:  :alien:

I heard the engines on those ran like cumasucky

As usual, it's Monday morning (figuratively), and every other bike owner and some that don't, knows how to make a loser, a winner. I got mine, you got yours, screw them that did'nt get on the band wagon when they could.

Well, being one of the lowly dummies who bought a 2K Chief my opinion doesn't mean as much as a VIP like yourself, but I do know one thing- that's one fugly bike, and I wouldn't have bought one- Just My Dumb Opinion :no:

And I too ride a 2000 Chief. Just trying to make a point.

People are to quick to forget the past.

Indian

1901 to 1953

PERIOD!

"Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it."

George Santayana

:wave: hey rready thanks for the fax about cma throwing out the bids on imc. guess the fax from cma makes it official now . who ever gets the rights to imc i hope they will bring them back. looks like cma screwed everybody over again they need to be tarred and feathered run out of town with indians riders kicking them in the ass. all they want is more money for their fat pockets. got the silver spirit out rode down to dana and nancy ate some good bq they said hi they said for you to come and ride. have you been selling any of them new bikes and atv you are selling now.  have a merry x-mas bud

:wave: hey rready thanks for the fax about cma throwing out the bids on imc. guess the fax from cma makes it official now . who ever gets the rights to imc i hope they will bring them back. looks like cma screwed everybody over again they need to be tarred and feathered run out of town with indians riders kicking them in the ass. all they want is more money for their fat pockets. got the silver spirit out rode down to dana and nancy ate some good bq they said hi they said for you to come and ride. have you been selling any of them new bikes and atv you are selling now.  have a merry x-mas bud

Jus had to say it again,

CMA+IMC=FOC'd

Archived