Indian Motorcycle Community

All,

I attended a meeting yesterday that included the CEO, and CIO of my Company along with all the other IT staff. We were basically told, that we are going to be outsourced in March, or April....Hope I can keep my chief. If anyone knows of any openings for an experienced NT/ Win2000 person, please let me know...I'm not quite sure yet if we will be absobed by the outsourcing Company, or let go....Thanks.

Yeah, it is...I have gotten some real nice raises though when I've changed jobs...maybe another 10k is in order...been a few years. The real bummer is that I am totally in charge of our SQL Sevrer environment...all decisions about how it is implemented, is up to me. Now, it's back to the bottom of the pile. The funny thing is, I didn't get a raise at all last year, and the oursourcing is due at raise time again...probably won't even see a cost of living raise for the second year in a row now, unless I move on to somewhere else. sorry for whining...just need to vent a little...thanks to all who answer, or read this.

Might be a good thing.  Same thing happened to my sort of Step son in law last summer.  Just when things started getting real dark for them, he started programing on his own.  Landed a couple of good projects and is knocking down 100K now.

Wish I could do that. :banghead:

Bummer!!!

I guess they're trying to give you as much advance warning as possible, but what a lousy time to spring this on you.

My better half, Rita/Ritz/Big Red/Diamas, always tells me there is a reason for everything . . . life's hardships can easily lead to a better path than I had before . . . and she's usually right.

Stay positive and good luck.

:( There's a lot of jobs for IT types in the Virginia Beach area (government).

:( There's a lot of jobs for IT types in the Virginia Beach area (government).

Ditto for the Washington, DC metropolitan area.  Especially if you have/have ever had/can obtain a DoD or Intelligence Community security clearance.

Fungus:

Consider restructuring your debt now - While you can still document your income and employment history.

If you are refinancing your home - Be sure your lender DOES NOT send out a VOE. (Verification Of Employment.)

This is a standard form for past and future employment.  If filled out incorrectly - It will cause issues.

Any good lender should be able to structure your refinance options without it.

I have too many clients who call on me - After it's to late.  They can still access their equity - But not at the terms I had hoped to deliver.

Good luck and keep riding.

Thanks, Danny

Archived