Indian Motorcycle Community

2000 chief dash repair

Retrived my Chief from the shop after adding all goodies I could lay my hands on, and the Dash has cracked around the lower mounting hole. Anyone seen a stock or aftermarket replacement out there? :(

I contacted Thunderheart for the 2000 chief dash. They are not in stock at this moment but they expect them in 2-3 weeks. They will not be put on there website..you will have to

call for them. I dont know the price yet but there other dashes are between $70.00-90.00. I also contacted KCcustoms. They have the dashes. $225.00 painted stock color. Hope this helps.

Contact Brooke @ Thunderheat

615-672-881

Bob took some plexiglass and JB welded the plexiglass to the underside of the dash to strengthen it up. Others on this site have gone so far as to use fiberglass and a piece of metal around the hole (again on the underside of dash). I have yet to try either, so I cannot tell you what works best.

I have repaired a couple of them. I used a soldering iron and a piece of metal screen. Use the soldering iron to melt the screen into the back side. then carefully melt the top side along the crack, bonding both sides together. Then just fill with bondo and sand smoothand paint. That makes a very strong repair.

Archived