Indian Motorcycle Community

If you watch close, looks like the guy was bailing off the bike at the last second- hope he made it :(  How much you wanna bet Bozo was on the cell phone?  :joker:

If you watch close, looks like the guy was bailing off the bike at the last second- hope he made it :(  How much you wanna bet Bozo was on the cell phone?  :joker:

My money is on BOZO was watching the squad car that had the onboard camera that filmed it. Your right Gene  the poor bastard did see it coming at the last second it looks like  :(

Amazing how most folks panic and don't realize they can turn the steering wheel, instead of just standing on the brakes- just a slight turn of the wheel, woulda went right around him  :banghead:

Should be required viewing.

Poor SOB. At least he got knocked clear. Maybe he cheated the reaper.

You can also get the hell out of there on the bike.  I have had to go fast to avoid that.  That pisses me off.

Ya,  brother you hear those brakes locking up behind you....Do everything you can to get the hell out of the way!  Watch those rear view mirrors when your solo at a stop light!  Most of the assholes on the road don't see us!

Well, THAT was the LAST thing I needed to see before going on a 200 mile scoot tomorrow morning. :no:  :down:

well, I guess we need the constant reminders to keep our asses from getting too comfy..too lazy. :sleep2:

I guess we need the constant reminders to keep our asses from getting too comfy..too lazy. :sleep2:

OR THINKIN WE'RE 7 FT. TALL, BULLET PROFF AND SUPERMAN!  :cppl1

I hate it when I wake up and the first thing I see is someone telling me I'm not 7ft tall, bulletproof, or superman. Ruins my whole fucking day. :no:

son of a bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!      did he make it????

:ooh2:  Standing up may have saved him. he is thrown into a cartwheel while the bike is ran over.

(Copy and paste to direct site for a clear view.)

You can also get the hell out of there on the bike.  I have had to go fast to avoid that.  That pisses me off.

Ya,  brother you hear those brakes locking up behind you....Do everything you can to get the hell out of the way!  Watch those rear view mirrors when your solo at a stop light!  Most of the assholes on the road don't see us!

:nod:

ditto to both...I don't truST ANYONE

DRIVER WAS WATCHING THE COP INSTEAD OF THE ROAD

:veryangry:

Always leave your sled in gear with nobody behind you.

I once heard a tire screach behind me - And launched out of the way.

A cop coming the other way pulled me over to write a ticket.

The older couple in the lane next to me stopped and explained what had happened.

Seems someone pulled out doing a burn out the other way.

I never even looked back.

Thanks to the old folks - The cop let me go...

Thanks, Danny

Thanks to the old folks - The cop let me go...

Thanks, Danny

Now ya know how a largemouth bass feels.  

Those old folks just wanted the cop to catch and release you so they could run you over some other sunny day.

Never trust no one.  Never.

Cynder tried pulling that "in gear" shit when she came back from MSF course.  It makes sense...to a degree.  

When you're solo at a light I can understand.  Any other time, I'd bet she's more likely to pop and drop on her own, than an errant driver hitting her.  Just the same, I'll make sure she sees the video...to remind her to always check those mirrors.

I also tend to angle my bike a bit across the lane at a light(when alone).  In the daytime, it helps a cager to see that behoemoth in all of it's chrome glory, much more than a fat guy on a 130 tire, with a slim profile and one tail light.  Works better for the signal sensors too.

:wave:

I don't know that there was a "right response" either. Ya saw this guy touch the sky from a rear end whomp. If he had time to grab some throttle he mighta jumped right out in front of a Buick doing 50 mile an hour through the intersection on the green light.

I got rearended at a toll booth and I did that thing where you get shot like an Estes rocket. In my case the roof of the booth stopped my flight. Opposite side, I done the head on thing where I got to fly forward over the hood of the asshole that ran the light and sailed long enough that the City of Phoenix shoulda hit me for bus fare. Either of those directions of impact there was enough motorcycle to take a lot of crunch before the cage got to me, and I got launched out of the impact zone, not unlike the hero of the video.

Point is, took some wikid dings and broke some body parts that remind me every day when I get up, but still got all my appendages. You whip out in front of traffic and somebody T bones you, you will see remarkable weight loss when you and your prosthesis finally can get up on the scale.

I'm saying, this shit happens awful fast, and if you have the opportunity and presense of mind to assess your options and respond before getting smacked, maybe a trip into the right of way lanes is the answer. But if ya look at that video and try to time a response that would put you out of danger, at least for me, I would be hammering on the throttle hunkered down over the tank holding on for dear life and that truck woulda still hit me just as hard. The difference woulda been, he probably would have run over the guy as well as the bike.

I guess some trained motorcyclist will sit at a light and keep an eagle eye on the rearview in anticipation of some jerkwater pinhead plowing into him, ready on the trigger for an instant and lifesaving manouver, but whenever I ever get that well trained, somebody shoot me and donate my bikes for rickshaw duty.

I don't know that there was a "right response" either. Ya saw this guy touch the sky from a rear end whomp. If he had time to grab some throttle he mighta jumped right out in front of a Buick doing 50 mile an hour through the intersection on the green light.

I got rearended at a toll booth and I did that thing where you get shot like an Estes rocket. In my case the roof of the booth stopped my flight. Opposite side, I done the head on thing where I got to fly forward over the hood of the asshole that ran the light and sailed long enough that the City of Phoenix shoulda hit me for bus fare. Either of those directions of impact there was enough motorcycle to take a lot of crunch before the cage got to me, and I got launched out of the impact zone, not unlike the hero of the video.

Point is, took some wikid dings and broke some body parts that remind me every day when I get up, but still got all my appendages. You whip out in front of traffic and somebody T bones you, you will see remarkable weight loss when you and your prosthesis finally can get up on the scale.

I'm saying, this shit happens awful fast, and if you have the opportunity and presense of mind to assess your options and respond before getting smacked, maybe a trip into the right of way lanes is the answer. But if ya look at that video and try to time a response that would put you out of danger, at least for me, I would be hammering on the throttle hunkered down over the tank holding on for dear life and that truck woulda still hit me just as hard. The difference woulda been, he probably would have run over the guy as well as the bike.

I guess some trained motorcyclist will sit at a light and keep an eagle eye on the rearview in anticipation of some jerkwater pinhead plowing into him, ready on the trigger for an instant and lifesaving manouver, but whenever I ever get that well trained, somebody shoot me and donate my bikes for rickshaw duty.

Kept me from typing out the same, with one finger.

Archived