Indian Motorcycle Community

Saddam murders babies; weasels bug out

Saddam Murders Babies; Weasels Bug Out

Wrong war, wrong place, wrong time? "A mass grave being excavated in a north Iraqi village has yielded evidence that Iraqi forces executed women and children under Saddam Hussein," reports the BBC:

The skeletons of unborn babies and toddlers clutching toys are being unearthed, the investigators said. They are seeking evidence to try Saddam Hussein for crimes against humanity. . . .

One trench contains only women and children while another contains only men. The body of one woman was found still clutching a baby. The infant had been shot in the back of the head and the woman in the face.

"The youngest foetus we have was 18 to 20 foetal weeks," said US investigating anthropologist P Willey. "Tiny bones, femurs--thighbones the size of a matchstick."

The investigation is proceeding slowly because Europeans--experienced in examining mass graves in Bosnia--are refusing to participate "as the evidence might be used eventually to put Saddam Hussein to death." Oh no, that wouldn't pass the global test!

BBC News

Babies found in Iraqi mass grave

A mass grave being excavated in a north Iraqi village has yielded evidence that Iraqi forces executed women and children under Saddam Hussein.

US-led investigators have located nine trenches in Hatra containing hundreds of bodies believed to be Kurds killed during the repression of the 1980s.

The skeletons of unborn babies and toddlers clutching toys are being unearthed, the investigators said.

They are seeking evidence to try Saddam Hussein for crimes against humanity.

Tiny bones, femurs - thighbones the size of a matchstick

It is believed to be the first time investigators working for the Iraqi Special Tribunal (IST) have conducted a full scientific exhumation of a mass grave.

"It is my personal opinion that this is a killing field," Greg Kehoe, an American working with the IST, told reporters in Hatra, south of the city of Mosul.

"Someone used this field on significant occasions over time to take bodies up there, and to take people up there and execute them."

Tiny bones

The victims are believed to be Kurds killed in 1987-88, their bodies bulldozed into the graves after being summarily shot dead.

One trench contains only women and children while another contains only men.

The body of one woman was found still clutching a baby. The infant had been shot in the back of the head and the woman in the face.

"The youngest foetus we have was 18 to 20 foetal weeks," said US investigating anthropologist P Willey.

"Tiny bones, femurs - thighbones the size of a matchstick."

Mr Kehoe investigated mass graves in the Balkans for five years but those burials mainly involved men of fighting age and the Iraqi finds were quite different, he said.

"I've been doing grave sites for a long time, but I've never seen anything like this, women and children executed for no apparent reason," he said.

Long search

Mr Kehoe said that work to uncover graves around Iraq, where about 300,000 people are thought to have been killed during Saddam Hussein's regime, was slow as experienced European investigators were not taking part.

The Europeans, he said, were staying away as the evidence might be used eventually to put Saddam Hussein to death.

"We're trying to meet international standards that have been accepted by courts throughout the world," he added.

"We're putting a package together on each body removed - pictures of bones, clothes, a forensic report."

Iraq's human rights ministry has reportedly identified 40 possible mass graves across the country.

The dig at Hatra, where a makeshift morgue has been erected, was due to be completed on Wednesday.

I swore to myself that I wasn't going to get involved in anymore political debates.  That wasn't why I joined in the first place.  But this topic touches a sore spot for me and so I have to say something least I explode.  Have we forgotten a little hamlet in the Republic of Vietnam known as My Lai?  And what about a place called Wounded Knee and how about Sand Creek.  Don't tell me you forgot the Trail of Tears.  I could go on but I think I've made my point.  I know these were different times and different circumstances and so it was ok for us to slaughter women and children......because God is on our side.

September 11, 2001 Posted: 5:14 p.m. EDT (2114 GMT) CNN

U.S. intelligence officials tell CNN "there are good indications that persons linked to Osama bin Laden may be responsible for these attacks." The sources say they based the statement on specific information that had been gathered Tuesday. Bin Laden is the Saudi millionaire who has been blamed for terror attacks against U.S. interests and is believed to be in Afghanistan.

My Lai--Wounded Knee--Sand Creek--Trail of Tears.

Couldn't you also look at it like--A blind eye was turned, or it was just flat out ignored because people didn't want to face the diffuculty getting involved would bring with it?

Moral responsibility came second to not creating waves?

Ignore it, and maybe it will go away(I guess in all those cases it did, but did that make anything better?) Seems like historically you make the point for standing up and trying to do something, instead of setting back and wishing we would have done something.

The USA was never attacked by Germany in WWII.

Guess in XUXAW's world it would have been correct to leave Hitler in power. All he was doing is reclaiming lost land that at one time was Germany.

Remember the Treaty of Versailles

Remember the League of Nations

The following is the wording of the printed statement that Neville Chamberlain waved as he stepped off the plane on 30 September, 1938 after the Munich Conference had ended the day before:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We, the German Führer and Chancellor, and the British Prime Minister, have had a further meeting today and are agreed in recognizing that the question of Anglo-German relations is of the first importance for our two countries and for Europe.

We regard the agreement signed last night and the Anglo-German Naval Agreement as symbolic of the desire of our two peoples never to go to war with one another again.

We are resolved that the method of consultation shall be the method adopted to deal with any other questions that may concern our two countries, and we are determined to continue our efforts to remove possible sources of difference, and thus to contribute to assure the peace of Europe."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chamberlain read the above statement in front of 10 Downing St. and said:

"My good friends, for the second time in our history, a British Prime Minister has returned from Germany bringing peace with honour. I believe it is peace for our time...

Go home and get a nice quiet sleep."

Now, XUXAW, knowing what we know today. Should we have stopped Hitler in 1938 or was it correct to wait until 1945?

Or should we have stepped in at all?

Or are you a pure isolationist along the lines of Lindberg?

The world would be a much better place if Hitler lasted a little longer.

Stumbled onto this, and thought it might make some good reading.

I can't vouch for the facts.

There were 39 combat related killings in Iraq during the month of

January.....In the fair city of Detroit there were 35 murders in the month of January. That's just one American City, about as deadly as the entire war torn country of Iraq.

When some claim President Bush shouldn't have started this war, state the following: FDR...led us into World War II. Germany never attacked us: Japan did.

From 1941 to 1945, 450,000 lives were lost, an average of 112,500 per year. Truman...finished that war and started one in Korea, North Korea never attacked us. From 1950 to 1953, 55,000 lives were lost, an average of 18,334 per

year. John F. Kennedy...started the Vietnam conflict in 1962..... Vietnam never attacked us. Johnson...turned Vietnam into a quagmire. From 1965 to 1975, 58,000 lives were lost, an average of 5,800 per year.

Clinton...went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent, Bosnia never attacked us. He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times by Sudan and did nothing.

Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

In the two years since terrorists attacked us President Bush has

liberated two countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida, put nuclear inspectors in Libya, Iran and North Korea without firing a shot, and captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people.

The Democrats are complaining about how long the war is taking, but...It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno to take the Branch Davidian compound. That was a 51-day operation.

We've been looking for evidence of chemical weapons in Iraq for less time than it took Hillary Clinton to find the Rose Law Firm billing records.

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to

destroy the Medina Republican Guard than it took Ted Kennedy to call the police after his Oldsmobile sank at Chappaquiddick.

It took less time to take Iraq than it took to count the votes in Florida!!!!

The biased media hopes we are too ignorant to realize the facts.

"The youngest foetus we have was 18 to 20 foetal weeks," said US investigating anthropologist P Willey.

"Tiny bones, femurs - thighbones the size of a matchstick."

Sounds like the dumpster in the back alley of the abortion clinic here in Kansas City.

One was consential the other was not. Isn't life grand.

:couple:

First off Hitler was a raving lunatic. Secondly, we had idiots who didn't know how or want to deal with the Native Americans in office at that time. Janet Reno should never have been given the power she had...she wasn't unbiased enough to use her power correctly for the good of mankind at all. The sad part of the big wars is that we helped rebuild many of those nations who now renounce us....they'd not get a dime if I were in charge. Also...I don't see the saudis growing wheat...hmmm 100 barrles of oil for a bushel of wheat...sounds good to me. Bin Laden's day will come, and God will not be kind to him. Saddam's day is coming soon. He too will meet his maker, and again...there will be no pity. We wonder why there are 3rd world countries...because they aren't smart enough or allow idiots to take charge. The Brits didn't do a damned thing to help Hong Kong or India....along with the Dutch (And I am of Dutch / German Ancestry) didn't do much good for mankind by starting and running most of the slave trade, and for getting weapons in the hands of those who are now raping and pillaging the Sudan and other parts of South Africa. We have to realize that these countries will grow at their own pace...interference isn't helping them, but allowing more damage to occur. sorry for being cold and callous, but there are times when its better to sit back and watch, and others when its time to go in and kick ass. America has done a bit of both...some at the right times other times not.

Archived