Indian Motorcycle Community

Where are the naked squaws at?????

So where are the naked squaw chicks on that there calendar????

I'd pay an extra 5.00 for it then!!

No, seriously looks like a cool calendar Maldey.

P

Thanks Pablo.  The extra $5 would have hlped.   :rasp:

We decided to go with a broad sale for the calendar this year.  Next year, we'll be trying a few other things.  Our goal is to sell this year's out and start planning next years immediately.  I want to open it up to all IIRA members to submit photos to appear in the calendar.  Our three tribes decided to do this on or own so if it fails, it's on us and no one else since we're testing the waters with this product.  basically, we were bummed that the Iron Maiden calendar of the last two years was the same calendar with the same pic in a different order.

Next year, we'll look into getting professional models and photographers involved as well as advertisers.  All the money to start this calendar up has come directly from members of the three tribes.

:bthumb:

We decided to go with a broad sale for the calendar this year.  Next year, we'll be trying a few other things.  Our goal is to sell this year's out and start planning next years immediately.  I want to open it up to all IIRA members to submit photos to appear in the calendar.  Our three tribes decided to do this on or own so if it fails, it's on us and no one else since we're testing the waters with this product.  basically, we were bummed that the Iron Maiden calendar of the last two years was the same calendar with the same pic in a different order.

Next year, we'll look into getting professional models and photographers involved as well as advertisers.  All the money to start this calendar up has come directly from members of the three tribes.

I think we need to start collecting photos...kind of what we were sending in to Mohawk but more artistic...

naked babes or some with skimpy clothing...in various positions around or on our bikes...   I am hoping to get a few pics this winter and spring...  need to start collecting them now so we have a large amount to choose from...I am sure there will be some that are of the quality we want in the calendar.

just a thought.....

I think we need to start collecting photos...kind of what we were sending in to Mohawk but more artistic...

naked babes or some with skimpy clothing...in various positions around or on our bikes...   I am hoping to get a few pics this winter and spring...  need to start collecting them now so we have a large amount to choose from...I am sure there will be some that are of the quality we want in the calendar.

just a thought.....

If it goes well that is our plan. What wa are discussing to do for next year is we will open it up for submissions by all IIRA members. Then we, the group who did it this year, will vote for the pictures that will be used in the calendar.

P

This one for you Pablo.............

yuck.jpg

P

What's so sad is that he actually knew where to find a photo like that.... :lookaround2:  :bomb:

P

What's so sad is that he actually knew where to find a photo like that.... :lookaround2:  :bomb:

That hurts!  :cry:

My girlfriend sent me that this morning with some other photos called "Why we love rednecks". LOL

P

yuck.jpg

That's just not right........... And I don't care if it is someones grandmother......................

BB

P

yuck.jpg

That's just not right........... And I don't care if it is someones grandmother......................

BB

Gee, I don't see what's wrong with. I kinda got a little chubby. :D

I'm only a SEMI-naked squaw..... :joker:

Seriously...the calendar looks great, and I'm going to get one for Dr. Mark for Xmas.

But I really like the idea of opening it up to having members submit photos. See, Corky at Horndawg Leather made me this little sexy white and palomino leather(...soft as butter...) halter top with Indian beadwork and fringes that perfectly matches the Chief.....

:devil:

Like Lunchbox and I said, that's our plan.  But we have to worry about making sure this year is a success first.  The effort to put this together was no small mission.  Everyone that has their bike in the calendar loaned the money for the printing of the calendar out of their own pockets with the hope that we sell enough to cover our costs and have seed money for the next venture.

While planning for next year's calendar needs to happen quickly, we need everyone's help to get the word out so we can sell this year's out and make it a success.  If anyone is on another motorcycle forum or newsgroup, we would appreciate it if you would pass on the website address for the calendar.

Thanks!

If anyone is on another motorcycle forum or newsgroup, we would appreciate it if you would pass on the website address for the calendar.

Thanks!

What he said.

And if you are a dealer or know a dealer who will make a quantity purchase, we can work out a price so you can resale them at your store.

There are over 12,000 Gilroy Indians out there. Sadly, not all know about this site.

If you want your Indian in next years calendar -

Buy a few calendars now -

To ensure it will happen next year...

Thanks, Danny

basically, we were bummed that the Iron Maiden calendar of the last two years was the same calendar with the same pic in a different order.

I agree. Altho it is kinda cool to see my Chief in that calendar....

Rosie

If anyone is on another motorcycle forum or newsgroup, we would appreciate it if you would pass on the website address for the calendar.

Thanks!

What he said.

And if you are a dealer or know a dealer who will make a quantity purchase, we can work out a price so you can resale them at your store.

There are over 12,000 Gilroy Indians out there. Sadly, not all know about this site.

I can put a few on eBay at no profit to me if ya want...

Well I sy we work towards the future and get our act together now. The next Big Indian event with alot of members bikes is going to be Misouri whats the posibility of us getting a few local Models to do a Photo shoot at Indian Point? Might be a good portfolio builder for some young inspiring young models and I'm sure our members wouldnt mind. Of course we might need to run it by Iron Mule and Cowboy and Mike at Hunters Resort but would be a great opportunity to have bikes from every State represented. Just a thought

I will be putting them on eBay after we receive them.  Thanks for the offer.  They'll be added on with a buy it now proce on a dutch auction that will be higher than what we're offering for here.  We always planned to get them to our family first before everyone else.  eBay will be after everyone else has first dibs.

The Missouri idea sounds great.  I wonder if anyone know a photographer with an 8megapixel camera down in that area?  The only problem with jumping the gun too quickly is finding the seed money for next year's calendar.  While everyone is into getting their bikes in the calendar, we found little support from locals in trying to sell ad space to vendors.  Instead, everyone in the calendar loaned the project the start up money to get things moving with the hopes that we sell enough that we get our money back.  Adding profession models and photographers would have doubled our pot.  

If someone is interested in speaking to me and taking charge of something like that at the event, email me directly and we can discuss it.  I'll give the warning now, it's a lot of work and time.  More than it looks like.

I will be putting them on eBay after we receive them.  Thanks for the offer.  They'll be added on with a buy it now proce on a dutch auction that will be higher than what we're offering for here.  We always planned to get them to our family first before everyone else.  eBay will be after everyone else has first dibs.

The Missouri idea sounds great.  I wonder if anyone know a photographer with an 8megapixel camera down in that area?  The only problem with jumping the gun too quickly is finding the seed money for next year's calendar.  While everyone is into getting their bikes in the calendar, we found little support from locals in trying to sell ad space to vendors.  Instead, everyone in the calendar loaned the project the start up money to get things moving with the hopes that we sell enough that we get our money back.  Adding profession models and photographers would have doubled our pot.  

If someone is interested in speaking to me and taking charge of something like that at the event, email me directly and we can discuss it.  I'll give the warning now, it's a lot of work and time.  More than it looks like.

ok hoe about a 5 megapixal camera and a couple of drunk local gals?

Main thing is we have the pics we can surly find some decent photographers within our tribe

Five megapixel is too small.  It doesn't provide enough information for blowing up for reprint.  The lowest is 6 and next year, we're looking at going for a larger format calendar (This year's is 8.5x11).

The other hurdle isn't getting the girls, it's payment and legal sign off for the copyrights and ownership of the photos.  We've got lots of lovelies out here that we could have used, but they want to be paid or get royalties.

We've got lots of lovelies out here that we could have used, but they want to be paid or get royalties.

How 'bout if I just give her a tip?  :eyebrow:

Archived