Indian Motorcycle Community

I am new to the Indian world. Just purchased a Millenium. Thanks to those who replied to my private posts. Just wondering what to expect, I am hearing things about problems, what can I expect????

Kim

You mean besides drawing a crowd every time you stop for gas ??

I am hearing things about problems, what can I expect????

Kim

Snicker Snicker Alot of quiet time on the side of the road us Scout and Spirit riders call it Chief bonding! :rasp:

Truth be known but I lie alot you have the a great mechine there you should be proud of it........... Might as well since your payin for it!

Just funnin Bro you made a great choice

expect a few things to tear up.

Might wanna just plan on relpacing the starter with a tech tornado ( chrome finish please )

Read through the mechanical section, and you'll get a good idea of the other probably fixes you have in store.

Above all... enjoy !  And save your pennies, cause if it stays together ok, then you'll be spending them on CHROME !

:bthumb:

I am new to the Indian world. Just purchased a Millenium. Thanks to those who replied to my private posts. Just wondering what to expect, I am hearing things about problems, what can I expect????

Kim

How many miles were on the bike when you bought it? That would tell us a lot on what should have gone wrong if it was going to go wrong.

I have a Mill also, there are alot of warranty items on these bikes.  Change out the front springs to progressives, put S&S boxes on the jugs, definately put an amber Howard glass head on the front fender!  Plan an extra 1/2 hour for gas stops to bull*&%( with those who will talk about Indian.  Enjoy the ride!

Thanks to all for your responses...

10,000 miles - starter replaced and oil cooler added on

Let the games begin!

At 10K you should be pretty safe. Most problem show up by now. Keep an eye on your back fender in the next 5-10K it will crack by the buddy pegs. You can get it fixed before they crack. Their are two ways to fix it.

One is a bolt on and you will see it. It is chrome though so some like the look. With this one you bolt it on and you are done. No need to repaint unless the person installing it screws up.

ultimate_fenfix2.jpg

It is made by Hacker Labs.

Or, if you do not want the extra chrome or just like the factory look

Aardvark Cycles. make a plate that you weld to the inside of the fender. With the Aardvark system, if you weld it you will have to repaint your fender. But many people have talked about useing a body shop adhesive to glue it on, now you will not have to paint the fender.

sideplates.jpg

It is not a question if your fender will crack it is a question of when.

thats pretty funny , your right though, always theres a genius who wants to talk about your Indian at a gas station . I find it amuzing that by the time 10 minutes have past you seem to think the guy your talking to actually "Had" an Indian , turns out to be a let down everytime , "Nah , my brothers cousins, sisters boyfriend had one , before he went to prison" or some shit like that!

Lunchbox - that is a neat fix - "But many people have talked about useing a body shop adhesive to glue it on, now you will not have to paint the fender."  Ya know - it's a little sick" but owning an Indian sort-of makes you ready for something to break - so you can enjoy - figuring it out - fixing it.......it's like participating in the "development/building" of your bike- not one just ouf of the box - that's fur sure. ride safe, injunfrank

:rotfl:

Archived