Indian Motorcycle Community

UN watchdog concerned by disappearance of nuclear material from Iraq

12 October 2004 – Satellite images show equipment and materials that could be used to make nuclear weapons have disappeared from Iraq, the United Nations atomic watchdog agency has warned, and it has called on countries to provide information concerning their whereabouts.

Entire buildings once monitored and tagged by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) have been dismantled, and equipment and materials in open storage areas have been removed, the Agency’s Director-General, Mohamed ElBaradei, wrote in a letter to the Security Council.

“The IAEA continues to be concerned about the widespread and apparently systematic dismantlement that has taken place at sites previously relevant to Iraq’s nuclear programme and sites previously subject to ongoing monitoring and verification” by the Agency, he said.

Since 1991 the IAEA has been required by Security Council resolutions to submit progress reports every six months on its inspections of Iraq’s nuclear weapons programme. However, the Agency pulled out of the country on the eve of the war last year, and since then has been concentrating on analyzing information collected since it began those checks. In August, the Agency did complete a separate, physical inspection of nuclear safeguards under the terms of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT).

Mr. ElBaradei said through visits to other countries, the IAEA had been able to identify quantities of industrial items, some radioactively contaminated, that had been transferred out of Iraq from sites monitored by the Agency. “However, none of the high-quality dual-use equipment or materials referred to above has been found,” he added.

“As the disappearance of such equipment and materials may be of proliferation significance, any State that has information about the location of such items should provide the IAEA with that information,” he said.

Mr. ElBaradei also said the IAEA is considering requests by Iraq for help with the sale of leftover nuclear material at its Tuwaitha facility, except for a small batch for research purposes; the dismantlement and decontamination of former nuclear facilities; and the resumption of IAEA assistance under a number of technical cooperation projects that had been suspended since December 1998.

PDF of UN letter

Yeah, everyone keeps saying we have not found any WMD but in fact we have found it....just not in the large stockpile quantities that were expected.

We have found mortars and rockets with sarin, mustard and blood agents in them.  We have found equipment for enriching uranium....we have found everything needed to maintain and conduct chemical and nuclear research and production...and some stuff used for biological production.

Any of this stuff is considered Weapons of Mass Destruction....when a drop or whiff of this stuff can kill hundreds then it is a little more than random samples that dont mean anything.

There is already proof Saddam had chemical weapons...just ask the Kurds he gassed to death in the north as the women, children and men fell dead in the street.

So there is NO QUESTION he had WMD in country and used them....there is no question that ALL OF IT WAS NOT DESTROYED because we have found it in the past few months.  We just have not found the huge stockpiles....

hell, not to mention the underground nuclear cooling facilities....mobile labs and other things found as well.

So while we have nto found vast stockpiles.....there is no question the items existed and are either still hid or have been moved elsewhere for retrieval at a later date.

Well-just an opinion here-but-one of my most lasting memories of the "inspectors" was watching one of them on CNN. He unscrewed the cap from a shell, and took a good long snort!

I still get a chuckle thining about that one!!

Fcuk the U.N. - I'm still trying to figure out any use for them aside from padding the pockets of nephews, friends, and families. (Oh Yeah--lets give one of them a Nobel Peace Prize while we're at it-shows how much we appreciate his contribution to the world's security and peace.) Now why don't we ask him to explain the inaction of his peacekeeping troops while the murders of women and children under his organizations protection goes on every day.

I spent a lot of time in Africa--walk through any market in any town or village, and see what's for SALE--UN food program food, and medicine.

What do you say Brock--you did a little "travelling" did you ever see any of that? :veryangry:

I have seen UN food packages sold on the streets of Brazzaville, Congo; Entebbe, Uganda, Kampala, Uganda, Kabul, Afghanistan....I have seen the humanitarian daily rations that we dropped to save the lives of the Afghans in winter be horded by the warlords and Taliban remnants to be sold on black market...  I have seen weapons turned in for money only to be given out the back door by UN Troops on the take...to be sold back again for money again.  I have seen Chinese and German shipping containers with weapons and equipment in countries we had under embargo.

I have seen chemical detection and decontamination equipment in areas where they swore there were no NBC weapons or testing....

I have seen flight schedules wrapping fish in Korea and used to wrap trinkets in the market in Sarajevo where all the UN and G.I.s go to buy brass and other trinkets when there...no wonder they knew when the AWACs was flying.

It was no coincidence that Saddam would only fly his fighters when the AWACs was not airborne and the fighter caps were too far away to respond.  It was not luck but rather our friends passing the info...

Hell, remember the French officer that sold the war plans for Kosovo to the Yugoslavians...

When I was first in Vosoko, B-H in December 95...we were in a camp....started taking fire into camp at night and since my tent was one of few with lights on inside we were a target...come to find out the Turkish guards were led away by local "camp followers" while the local Muj' camp down the road shot at us....all coordinated and taken care of.

Hell, who remembers the Dutch Commander that had to stand by while thousands of people were led to execution because his Dutch troops were not armed properly to defend this "Safe Haven" and then have the UN tell them to leave the area to the Serbs...a fucking massacre happened that we could have prevented if the UN had an fucking balls.

So until those bastards have seen women nailed to the walls of a barn after her and her daughters were raped.....or smelled the mass graves of B-H or seen the graves in the olympic village in Sarajevo...or seen the uniform patches of the "Black Swans" that depicted a black swan raping a woman and seeing their handiwork as beautiful girls and woman that survived walk around with eyes poked out...razor cuts across their faces...and body appendages cut off for fun to keep them from nursing their babies that were produced from previous rapings...

FUCK THE U.N. ....I have worked beside and with them enough to know I do not trust a single fucking thing they do...

Sorry for the rant fellas....I might have retired in April from our government service but some things you never forget.

Hell it is like the big scare that is going around about the Republicans instituting the draft again...when in fact it is two Democratic Senators calling for the draft..>Rangel and Hollings...NOT the Bush Administration. :veryangry:

Sorry I meant "Coffee Amen".....And his kids

Just Somewhat Syldexlic.    :P

Oh, you mean Kofi Annan. Yep, he sure is a fuck head.

annanofficial2002.jpg

......And his Kid......................An  Uday and Kusay wannabee

Kofi and Kojo

Sometimes what doesn’t make the newspapers and television news programs is news all by itself. Take, for example, the almost total lack of media coverage of the recently disclosed fact that U.N. Secretary General Kofi Annan’s son, Kojo Annan, once worked for, and was later a consultant to, the Swiss-based firm Cotecna, which the U.N. hired to monitor Iraq’s oil-for-food program. The fact that the U.N. gave a contract to a company which employed the secretary general’s son—and which itself had been implicated in previous bribery scandals—is suspicious on its own. And now the world is learning that the oil-for-food program, which was put into place to ease the suffering of the Iraqi people during the years of sanctions, may have been a multibillion-dollar scam, allegedly involving kickbacks, political payoffs and other unpleasantness that reportedly put over $2 billion into the pockets of Saddam Hussein and favored European, Arab, Russian and Chinese companies—money that should have gone to feed Iraqi children.

While there’s been no proof yet that the secretary general knew of the corruption, or that his son was directly involved in the kickback schemes, there are certainly more than enough red flags to justify front-page headlines in the nation’s major newspapers. And yet apart from Claudia Rosett in the National Review, The New York Times’ Op-Ed columnist William Safire and The Washington Post’s editorial page, there has been no substantial coverage of Kojo Annan’s employment by a firm that monitored what General Tommy Franks has called an "oil-for-palace program."

Kofi Annan has always positioned himself as being above the fray, an incorruptible mediator in world affairs. He opposed George W. Bush’s march toward war in Iraq in the name of consensus-building and further debate. Europeans, Arabs and many Americans looked to Mr. Annan as a wise and moderating influence. The suggestion that he may have directed U.N. money to a firm which his son was connected with, or that he may have known about the oil-for-food swindle—after all, his right-hand man, Benon Sevan, was director of the program—doesn’t square with his public image. And indeed, it may turn out that Mr. Annan and his son are aboveboard, with no dots to connect them to the scandal. But journalists do themselves, and their readers, no service by turning the other way on the question of Kofi and Kojo.

Don't forget the Russian Migs found buried in the sand with their wings removed, and the unmanned drones equipped to spray liquid aresol, and the rockets which had range exceeding the UN limits.  All clear breach of UN resolutions.

I really don't understand why the Bush administration is not pushing these points.

the war was justified.  And personally, I've gotten way tired of those raghead bastards setting their sights on the US when we've been enriching their countries for many many years.  IF they didn't have the dam oil, they wouldn't be SHIT.

:veryangry:

Don't forget the Russian Migs found buried in the sand with their wings removed, and the unmanned drones equipped to spray liquid aresol, and the rockets which had range exceeding the UN limits.  All clear breach of UN resolutions.

What the hell are you talking about?!?

You mean these? Don't everyone have a few buried planes around?

01.jpg

1iraqijet9.jpg

mig25d.jpg

Now why was it France, Germany and Russia did not want us to go after him? Oh, thats right, it was the wrong thing to do. Yep, they lost a good business partner there didn't they. Fuck them.

I really don't understand why the Bush administration is not pushing these points.

the war was justified.  And personally, I've gotten way tired of those raghead bastards setting their sights on the US when we've been enriching their countries for many many years.  IF they didn't have the dam oil, they wouldn't be SHIT.

:veryangry:

I look at it this way, I guess we should not be concerned if we let a convicted child molester serve as a grade school teacher? This is the same mentality that the opposition to the war reflects.

International laws were broken and something had to be done.

BB

Archived