Indian Motorcycle Community

A moment of silence please, for my dearly departed 77 firebird espirit.

:tear2:

While enroute to the local harley shop for some new wheel seals ( buggered the old ones removing them ) a large Ford truck made a left hand turn cutting me off completely.  I was driving @55MPH.  I braked hard, and turned to the left hoping to glance off and minimize impact.  At moment of impact, my bird went airborne, attaining a low level altitude of about six feet.  The hood hinge on the drivers side sheared its fasteners, and the hood came through the window striking me in the head.  Result was small lasceration and one hell of a concussion.  My left elbow was forced through the window resulting in massive lascerations.  Wouldn't ya know it, my leather jacket was in the seat beside me for the drive home after work.  I never released the brakes, so upon return to earth the bird quckly came to a stop after jumping a small ditch.

The truck fared no better.  Although i never saw the damage to the truck, I was told it was extensive.  The truck was spun around and thrown back down the road from whence it came.  The driver was seriously injured, and ultimately required brain surgery.  the center passenger was mostly unhurt.  the passenger seated against the door suffered massive lascerations.

i'm out - and - about, but my left arm is weak as a kitten.  Right arm is not too much dam better, its elbow is sore too.  My brain seems to have cleared up, but it took me for a pretty wild ride the first thirty minutes or so.

Guess I won't be riding my chief for a while... arms too weak to pick up the wheels and install the bearings, not to mention installing the wheels on the bike!

dam is my neck sore.  :down:

Glad you're gonna be okay. Also glad you weren't on the Scooter!!

Rosie

Man that sucks, I still have an '81 Camaro I had all tricked out and someone hit me as well.

It fucking sucks putting all this blood sweat and Dollars into an older car only to have some asshole fuck it up fer ya

and to literally addd insult to injury the insurance company will probably try to give you a royal unlubricated screwing

1106.gif

Glad to hear you are still here and OkJammin.gif...Now you can start the Mendin Process and be able to Ride!!! :moped:

Junior!!Yeahh.gif

The best part of all this is that you are here to talk about it.  Take care of yourself and heal quick.  Hope the other hand can still hold a beer.  Kick back and relax for a while.

Glad you're alright.

Did you get all your 8 tracks out?

Thanks, Danny

Y'all put a smile on my face, sure 'z $hit !

8 tracks.. lol... would you believe I got into that scene for a bit..  I discovered an RCA DIGITAL 8 track player..  just had to have it.  But I found out that even if you can get your hands on a good 8 track tape ( it actually ain't hard ) it tends to wrap itself around the deck pretty quick.  Anyway...  I pulled the disc player and the amp and the front speakers already.  the box in the rear deck needs either the window removed, or the metal behind the seat cut out for removal.  Not gonna bust the window, so probably take an air chisel to the metal..

Naw, they sure don't make them anymore.. but I have a 78 in reserve.  In the process of getting it off the jackstands now.

Not sure how bad the insurance will screw me.  But... I've added up some prices that I remember, and have over six grand in the lil' bitch ! :shocked:

I'll offer them an 80% settlement if they'll let me keep it.  That way the trans can go to the stepson, whom needs it for his 82 camero.  Bits and pieces will be sold on ebay.

oh, and the damaged elbow can hold beer !!! :bvictory: And getting stronger all the time.

Took three days off, plus the weekend.  the dam insurance company can just reimburse me for the 1157$ lost overtime and double time wages!

Watch out for them cages folks !!

:bwaver:

Archived