Indian Motorcycle Community

Dealer news

Guest harrisburgindian

Guest harrisburgindian
Anybody know what happened to Sam's Cycle in Kentucky. I just bought a load of bikes(10) and some of the MSO's had his name on them. Some had Sam's Cycle and the others had American Motorcycle on them. Just curoius if anyone knows.

one of the fellows from the Cincy IRG (Warren Allen ) has bought 2 bikes from them...as far as I know, they are stil open. Warren was talking about them this past weekend at the benefit run for Dan Lewis ( founder of Cincy IRG, and how I got to know Chuck, and several other local riders). I think Wareren was planning on coming up this weekend for Chuck's benefit...if they are there, I'll ask him about the #, and what is going on with them. Waren swears by them, but I've heard others had problems with his stuff( wide tire kit).....

one of the fellows from the Cincy IRG (Warren Allen ) has bought 2 bikes from them...as far as I know, they are stil open. Warren was talking about them this past weekend at the benefit run for Dan Lewis ( founder of Cincy IRG, and how I got to know Chuck, and several other local riders). I think Wareren was planning on coming up this weekend for Chuck's benefit...if they are there, I'll ask him about the #, and what is going on with them. Waren swears by them, but I've heard others had problems with his stuff( wide tire kit).....

Yep, one of his unhappy customers...

canso1.jpg

But once Ray got it all put together he ended up with one of the sweetest Scout's out there!!

I bought my Scout from them and I can only speak for myself but John Lewis did me right, was streight forward, gave me full book on my trade in off only pictures.

They treated Warren really well too...got him hooked up with Branscomb Richmond, and clan at several rides...I personally have not had any contact with them..only know what I've heard...from both sides of the fence. They did  some really cool custom work on Warren's '02 Chief he bought. It looked really nice.

Guest kycochise

:bomb:

I just went down to Sam's yesterday to check it out.

The showroom is completely empty and a sign on the doors saying "closed to further notice".

Not sure what happened. I asked one of the locals in town, and he said he heard Sam sold out to somebody.

Very sad day.......Sam was great to work with and I loved his place. ONLY place I trusted to work on my Indian without getting ripped off.

First IMC, and now Sam's......... :banghead:

If IMC doesn't come back strong, I may keep my "Geezerglide", and sell my Spirit and Scout :(

Why not keep all three, if you havent noticed theres quite a few members of the IIRA now , many of whom are excellent mechanics themselves . As a novice , I've learned alot from these guys , and will continue to learn , but then I will always own my Spirit , I will not sell or waiver the brand!

:bomb:

I just went down to Sam's yesterday to check it out.

The showroom is completely empty and a sign on the doors saying "closed to further notice".

Not sure what happened. I asked one of the locals in town, and he said he heard Sam sold out to somebody.

Very sad day.......Sam was great to work with and I loved his place. ONLY place I trusted to work on my Indian without getting ripped off.

First IMC, and now Sam's......... :banghead:

If IMC doesn't come back strong, I may keep my "Geezerglide", and sell my Spirit and Scout :(

i bought a set of scout triple trees a while back from john lewis who was part owner in sams cycle , seems as sam and his wife were going their seperate ways and looks like the indian shop went also! what a shame ! they were a great parts source for the south!

We rode down there about a week ago.Some friends had ordered some parts for their new chief and  after 2 months still hadn't received them and since we took them down there we wanted to know what was up.

No bikes in the shop. We stopped at a local cafe for lunch and talked to a few locals, one gal had just purchased a 4-wheeler from Sam a few weeks ago, she said he went bankrupt. The local "law enforcement" was also in the cafe and they confirmed he is out of business.

Archived