Indian Motorcycle Community

Boycott p&g products

Conservative Groups Call for Procter & Gamble Boycott

September 17, 2004: 13:42 p.m. EST

-

CINCINNATI (AP)--A pair of conservative groups are calling for a boycott of two Procter & Gamble Co. (PG) products because the organizations say P&G is tacitly supporting gay marriage.

The American Family Association, of Tupelo, Miss., and Focus on the Family, based in Colorado Springs, Colo., said they urged their supporters this week to refuse to buy Crest toothpaste and Tide detergent, two of P&G's biggest selling products.

P&G spokesman Doug Shelton said the organizations have wrongly characterized the company's support of repealing a Cincinnati charter amendment to mean that it is supporting same-sex marriage.

P&G has given $10,000 in support of a Nov. 2 ballot issue for repeal of a 1993 city charter amendment that forbids Cincinnati to enact or enforce laws based on sexual orientation. P&G said it believes the amendment makes it harder to attract visitors and potential employees to Cincinnati and that it subjects gay people to potential discrimination in workplaces and housing.

Federated Department Stores Inc. (FD), a Cincinnati-based corporation that owns the Macy's and Bloomingdale's stores, also has given $20,000 in support of the campaign.

"P&G has not supported gay marriage. The definition of marriage is a subject that will be debated and decided by voters," Shelton said Friday. "We've not taken a position on that - and we won't."

Activists say the amendment, upheld on appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court in 1998, denies special legal protections to gays and lesbians. About 62% of Cincinnati's voters approved the amendment in 1993. The Nov. 2 ballot issue is the first time voters have had an opportunity to decide whether to keep or repeal it.

James C. Dobson, founder and chairman of Focus on the Family, urged listeners of his syndicated radio show Thursday to boycott the P&G products. Dobson said P&G's statements and policies support the gay-activist notion that restricting marriage to one man and one woman is discriminatory.

"For Procter & Gamble to align itself with radical groups committed to redefining marriage in our country is an affront to its customers," Dobson said.

The American Family Association has established a Web site in support of the protest.

"Procter & Gamble, to my knowledge, is the first corporation in this country that has given money for a political campaign pushing the homosexual political agenda," said the Rev. Donald E. Wildmon, founder of the American Family Association.

As far boycotts go , I never boycott because of a political agenda for any consumer products its unrealistic! Gay marriages wont cease to exist if I stop using Bounce and Downy to do my wash!

I may not agree with P&G's political agenda , but I will continue to use a product that is good ! Several years ago P&G was acused of being "SATANIC" because of the symbol the company has had for over 100 years , it didnt stop me from using Zest and Ivory soap or Panteene shampoo!

Obviously , you just cant trust a company that is Satanic and believes in Gay marraiges

Spiritrider you are correct. I'm from thecincy / Dayton area, and used to work downtown next door to them at Chiquit'a world headquarters....their old logo with the stars on it was considered satanic by some groups.....horseshit ! You are right...not using those products isn't going to make the gay people cease to exist or want to get hitched. I've been past the Ivorydale plant on numerous occasions and seen the old logo..I wasn't attacked by vampires or cursed....

, it didnt stop me from using Zest and Ivory soap or Panteene shampoo!

Then Just don't drop 'em in the  shower.  :ooh2:

:rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:

good god, someone is always after them......... I remember for years the urban legend of the symbol for P&G was some kind of Satanic symbol, and the company was a front for Satan enterprises.

My Dad works for P&G at the plant in Augusta, GA. Other than wearing black robes, the human sacrifices, mandatory showers for same sex people in open areas, and bowing to a guy in a goat's head mask, it is a perfectly respectable place!  :shocked:

Seriously, it is a great company that has been very good to my Dad. He has told me the $$$ spent to go after those individuals who start that Satanic propoganda. Always something when you are on top in any industry.

When the gay marriage thing first appeared center stage on the national agenda, I was all for a constitutional ammendment banning gay marriage.  After all, this country is sliding rapidly down hill and something has to be done, right?

Then, I read a very enlightening counter point :  

Every constitutional ammendment is designed to protect civil liberties.  Now is not the time to enact an ammendment to discriminate.  Nor is tomorrow a good time.

That led me to reflect on my views.  WTF people?  What is the problem ?  Why does it matter what people do inside their bedrooms, it just ain't our buisiness.  People are born gay, or they are not.  If ya don't belive that point of view, then you obviously haven't known any gay people.  Setting laws to align sexual behavior is not the answer.

it is a situation with which we are going to have to enighten ourselves to an equitable solution.

:o

I have to agree with you in that what others do in their bedroom is up to them. However, I will play Devil's Advocate for a moment;

America was founded on the principals related to Christianity.  "In God We Trust" has been put on our currency, courthouses, and federal monuments. Yet, we seem to be turning away from the principals tought in the Christian theology. Now, am I Christian?

Yes (although not the best example of one)

Should gays allow the same perks as heterosexual married couples?

Yes.

Do I feel being gay is against nature?

Yes.

Do I dislike gays?

Absolutely not! Have friends who are, and they all understand I am VERY heterosexual with no deisire to tread that lifestyle! Celebrate the differences of others to truly understand yourself!

Couldn't have expressed myself better AZman.

However I do not believe their choice to be different, Should cost taxpayers money.

We do not need an amendment. Marriage is between a man and a woman period.

Sickness and Moral Depravity should be called Sickness and Moral Depravity, not "exercising personal choice".

I agree with Streaker too.It's about families and kids!

To quote Streaker in a previous post

W is going to win this election, possibly win big, because there is still a "silent" majority in this country that respect a "stick to your guns" attitude, and many more who are sick and tired of having to apologize for being a great country.  The homosexual-controlled media is doing everything it can to foster a feeling of hatred for anything and anyone who doesn't kiss their collective asses and let them put our moral structure further into the toilet than it already is.  They will all eventually burn in hell, but while they're here we should do everything in our power to push them back into the closet, to keep their sick perversion from splattering on our children and our children's children in the name of "freedom of expression".  Bullshit!  Sickness and Moral Depravity should be called Sickness and Moral Depravity, not "exercising personal choice".  We have a President that will stand up to the bullshit artists, both foreign and domestic, and we should be damn well glad to have him!

:alien:

The Republicans lost the '96 election to that stooge Clinton because of their bullshit "family values" platform, and rightfully so.  It is not the job of government to decide what people can and cannot do in the privacy of their own homes and lives.......

That being said, why the hell should gays and lesbians have  it any better than the rest of us poor fucks who are married and living with it..................

Vote Liberterian.......

:alien:

The Republicans lost the '96 election to that stooge Clinton because of their bullshit "family values" platform, and rightfully so.  It is not the job of government to decide what people can and cannot do in the privacy of their own homes and lives.......

That being said, why the hell should gays and lesbians have  it any better than the rest of us poor fucks who are married and living with it..................

Vote Liberterian.......

Bullshit family values? You are lost indian.

Taking a moral stand on these issues is exactly what this country needs. If it wants to survive!

Some of you guys are a bit too nutty... even for me.

Me… I do not like the idea of gay marriage but I am 100% behind civil union. Same sex couples should have the same protection as a married couple. If you believe in this country and what it stands for you cannot disagree with that. Do they need the term marriage? No, that term has a deep rooted meaning to the vast majority of people. Is this Jim Crow? No, in Jim Crow we had two school buildings, one was well kept and used for white the other, run down and used for Blacks. That was separate and unequal. This would be a document that has the exact same strength in a court of law as the other. No difference other then the term.

This should be a State issue. The federal Government has no right to be involved. “…powers not delegated to the federal government belong to the states or the people”

Remember guys, the more rights you take away from them (anyone you disagree with) the more of your rights will also go away.

And as far as us having a President who will “stand up to the bullshit artist”… don’t make me laugh!! I may not believe that John Kerry (no one who did what he did should ever be President) deserves to be President but I sure as hell do not for a second believe that Bush is a great President. If he gave a dam about this country he would stand up to the corporations and Mexico and lock down our borders. I am not anti immigrant, I am first generation in this country, but I am against illegal uncontrolled immigration. I am against people who come to this country and do not assimilate into this country. If you do not want to be a part of this country get the fuck out. And that means speak English!!!

Instead of getting your panties in a wad over same sex marriage and wasting time on a constitutional amendment banning that why not do the country some real good and make English the official language of the USA. Think how much money we could save by not having to print government documents in 100’s of languages.  

I want a country with a moral and religious people and a secular government. It’s what we have and it’s worked very well so far.

Oh, and don’t forget to laught good and hard every time you hear a Liberal Democrat like Hilary yell “power to the people”. That is the last thing they want. Me too.

Instead of getting your panties in a wad over same sex marriage and wasting time on a constitutional amendment banning that why not do the country some real good and make English the official language of the USA. Think how much money we could save by not having to print government documents in 100’s of languages

1022.gif1022.gif1022.gif

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, If I wanted to marry my brother, I should be allowed to because it's discrimination to not allow two consenting adults their rights?

What if I wanted to marry my mother? Moral sickness is moral sickness.

Thanks. Jay

So, If I wanted to marry my brother, I should be allowed to because it's discrimination to not allow two consenting adults their rights?

What if I wanted to marry my mother? Moral sickness is moral sickness.

Thanks. Jay

Depends...

What's yer Mom look like?  ???

Now FireBird: "People are born gay, or they are not.  If ya don't belive that point of view, then you obviously haven't known any gay people."  :rotfl:

You're serious about this "nature VS. nurture" shit, aren't you?  What makes us humans unique, is the power to reason...to decide for ourselves what we will or will not do.

Saying that people are born gay is right up there with believing in the "natural born killer" theory.  Are certain people born with an affinity for sex with the genitals of a pre-pubescent child?  Are some people destined for an exciting life of BEASTEALITY?  Are certain neighbors of ours bound to be necropheliacs...how about rapists?  Just because they "were born that way"?

That is the most depressing, sad, piece of shit excuse I've EVER heard from anyone...yes including the MANY gay men and women I've known and worked with in my life.

Be PROUD of who you are!  Stand up for equal rights!  JUST DON'T INFRINGE UPON MINE!!  History in the U.S. proves that the notion of "equal rights" has always been just that...a notion.    :down:   Did the slaves have equal rights?  No.  Did the many attempts to remedy that, infringe on native-born, caucasion American citizens for generations to come? Yes. ie the 14th Ammendment of 1866, Affirmative Action, and other quotas.

**I challenge anyone here to deny that "minorities" and women have more fundamental civil rights than any white male in America today**

And why?  What did I do?  I've never owned a slave.  I never racially discriminated against a "minority", including a gay.  What is "reverse racism"?  It's racism, pure and simple.  :no:

If gay marriages are allowed, where will it stop?  Will those couples get a bigger tax advantage than us "standard married folk"...to make ammends for being discriminated against for so long?  Sounds far-fetched now...but just watch.

By the way, I know there's more than a few folks out there in the mortgage industry.  QandA on the 2004 1003, above all other races asked is "are you Hispanic or Latino?".  Don't kid yourselves...there's a real definate reason it's phrased that way.

:wave:

So if the fudgepackers get a divorce, who gets all the money? The pitcher, or the catcher?

And for them, the phrase She got the goldmine, I got the shaft, takes on a different meaning, doesn't it?

Keep it in the closet.

We don't need to legalize it legitamise it let alone even recognize it.

I dont't want to see the flamboyance on the street let alone on TV.

Yes the have a right to do as they please in the privacy of their homes.

But I don't want to see it and I definitely don't want the kids Exposed to it.

I do not believe they should be able to adopt. You think these kids will turn out normal well adjusted . I think not.

When you have Hollywood bull dykes like Rosie teaching boys show tunes and shit like that.

You think she and her rug munchin submissive know dick?

What about Siegfried and Roy... Rearin friggin Tigers.

Did it too many times! And the Tiger kicked his Ass.

We don't need an amendment period.Leave it on the State level?

The State of San Fransico started  alot of this crap. The big chief is going to smite them with a big shake. Then all those butt bandits are going to be bobbin for suds, not in their bedrooms, but in the big pond.When the coastline is redefined!

They don't need any more rights or protection than I have.

If you go and kick a couple of their asses.It's called gay bashing and the media will be all over it.

Hate crime higher sentencing.If they kick a breeders ass.(A turd burglar called me that once.

I thanked him for the compliment.) Nobody notices.No protection.

I do not want to pay for their insignificant others medical insurance. If our government recognises civil unions let alone gay marriages We are gonna pay for it. No Way.

We don't need any more minorities than we already have.I was sitting in an EEOC class 15 years ago and at that time they offered protection to everyone in the Good old USA except

white males under 40 unless they were a Nam vet.I'm sure that now I am over 40 they jacked up the age limit.

The truth is I am the minority my country.And my family was one of the first to land here!

To hell with the Rump Rangers do not Legalize it, Legitamise it, Do not recognize their immoral ways.

Chop out........

You think these kids will turn out normal well adjusted . I think not.

When you have Hollywood bull dykes like Rosie teaching boys show tunes and shit like that.

According to those who believe FireBird's theory....

yes.

Because the kid's either born gay, or not.

This is my point.  In "nature VS nurture", it's most definately how you nurture a young (asexual) child that affects the outcum  :laughlong: ...outcome.

You think these kids will turn out normal well adjusted . I think not.

According to those who believe FireBird's theory....

yes.

Because the kid's either born gay, or not.

This is my point.  In "nature VS nurture", it's most definately how you nurture a young (asexual) child that affects the outcum  :laughlong: ...outcome.

It is a combination of "nature and nurture", not one or the other.

And I for one do not beleive that a child is born asexual. If that were the case then all people could go either direction. Not true.

If it were, how do gay children come from hetro families?

Foosh...I've seen many a hadji comehere get a free college education, and not have to pay it back, only to take the knowledge home to use it against us (making nukes)....I had to work my ass off and go to school at the same time minorities do have it better...come here to Ohio, and I can show you a college that has a very big program for foreigners...they also have a wonderful program for folks with disabilities too...for that I'm proud, but for them to give free education to a foreigner(who is a minority), and charge me out the ass...that's not right. every American should be afforded the opportunity to learn for life before we ever give any of it away to some one of another nationality....period. It's aslo why we have homeless people too. We give all our damned money away to shit hole countries that would have shriveled up and died long ago if not for our assistance...do ou know how much in aid we have given away over the years, and not gotten anything back form it at all...think about what you are saying man. We rebuilt Europe after 2 world wars, and a lot of those countries can't stand us now...we shuold have let them tough it out for the last 80-90 years...think how much better off we'd be here...financially, and in terms of technology.

You're serious about this "nature VS. nurture" shit, aren't you?  What makes us humans unique, is the power to reason...to decide for ourselves what we will or will not do.

Environment vs. heredity.  A very old and complex arguement.

First:  heredity.  Most of us think of only two sexes.  But our brains are hard-wired if you will, at birth to what our sex will be.  But there are more than two sexes, there are shades of grey, if you will.  You certainly are aware of hermaphrodites?  Not those surgically altered individuals, no.  I'm talking about those born 'dual - equipped'.  Where do they fit into your myopic world?  To wit:  some people are indeed 'born gay'.

Environment.  Certainly we have our own choices to make, with our own free will.  And no, just because your brain is deformed in some manner as to cause you to have depraived impulses, does not justify depraived actions.  No, I would never condone child molestation, bestiality, or rape.   Each of those examples involve a forced overt sexual act without consent.   for those whom decide to act outside of the defined social allowances, punishment should be swift and severe.    Mutually consentual sexual acts ( minors excluded ) should not be the public's concern.  

It is unfortunate that the gay community's agenda consists of forcing it in our face.  And it's our own fault.  Gay society is the MINORITY.  If the moral majority would simply turn off Rosie O Donnel, Ellen Degenerate, or Queer eye.. or any show which portraits gay behavior as correct or acceptable, then the gay activists would have a much more difficult time of it.

Consider this... of the gay people I have known, none of them wants to be gay.  NOT ONE.  I've known a few... they would give their left nut to be straight.  You see, that way they would fit into society without ridicule and discrimination.  I have known gay men whom have accepted the gay lifestyle, and other gay men whom have spurned this socially disdained lifestyle.  So one can be gay and choose not to ACT gay.  Some gays don't act gay in public... it eases narrow minds.  Of course, for the gay person, in our society, there is probably no perfect choice.

Gay adoption is probably the most problematic aspect of the gay agenda.  There exists the very REAL possibility that a child whom is not 'born' gay could emulate gay behavior if reared in an environment where gay is portraited as 'normal' and 'correct'.    I really don't care what two grown adults do with each other on their own time, but they don't have the right to force an irregular social behavior on an innocent child.

Be PROUD of who you are!  Stand up for equal rights!  JUST DON'T INFRINGE UPON MINE!!  

Amen.

I challenge anyone here to deny that "minorities" and women have more fundamental civil rights than any white male in America today

Dam straight.  It just kills me when I hear a black bemoaning the fact that they are 'held back' or have 'no opportunity'..  what crap!  There is more financial assistance, more employment opportunity, and more advancement opportunity for a minority in today's 'equality under law'.  Kind of makes me happy to hear that the mexicans are moving in.  They have already displaced blacks as the largest minority.  

In anther five to ten years, the blacks will find they have lost political position to the mexicans.  And the blacks HATE mexicans.  That is one good thing one could say about the mexicans.. at least they displace the blacks, cause when the mexicans move in, the blacks move out.

And why?  What did I do?  I've never owned a slave.  I never racially discriminated against a "minority", including a gay.  What is "reverse racism"?  It's racism, pure and simple.  :no:

yep.  :no:

If gay marriages are allowed, where will it stop?  Will those couples get a bigger tax advantage than us "standard married folk"...to make ammends for being discriminated against for so long?  Sounds far-fetched now...but just watch.

No, it doesn't sound far-fetched.  As the gays gain political strength, you can expect to see more flaming gay propaganda, television, and slanted media.

I edited your message in inserted my thoughts...  hope it is clear and concise.

Archived