Indian Motorcycle Community

Another PSA demanding compliance:

Doc,

I'm on Procrit.  I get it at the clinic.  Problem is, I'm getting the slow acting version called Mircela? instead of the fast acting Epogen.  My doctor has requested the Epogen but the clinic has refused the request.  Even though I've topped out at 8.9 three weeks running, they won't switch to the Epogen.  My doctor has recommended changing clinics and it's looking like that's the way to go but I have to make sure I have transportation to the new clinic and that the new clinic will provide the Epogen.  If so, then I'll make the change.  The problem is that my current clinic is a private, for profit corporation.  The new clinic would be a not for profit corp..  A sick old man shouldn't have to worry about these things.  Just give me a kidney and I'll be on my way.

Believe it or not, the clinic wanted to send me to the hospital again on Friday.  Even though I took a Tylenol before heading down to the clinic. the forehead temp sensor indicated 100.2.  But, both the ear sensor and the moth sensor indicated 99.2.  I told them that, if they sent me to the hospital and they read 99.2 they would ship me right back to the clinic.  I said they were going to do that on Wednesday using the logic that I was Covid-19 negative so what difference did it make what the fever was from.  Eventually, the clinic. uncomfortably, bit the bullet and dialyzed me but unless this fever goes away, I fear I'm in for more hot potato treatment.  Maybe the new clinic will be different.  Fingers crossed.

Just for the record, got my eighth Covid-19 test in two months this week due to yet another hospital stay.  Again, negative.  When are they going to start believing it?  I have end stage renal disease and virtually no immune system left.  If I had Covid-19 I would be on a respirator.

As an aside, this latest hospital stay proved beyond doubt that epogen would solve my hemoglobin problem yet my dialysis clinic still refuses to give it to me.  I will be changing clinics as soon as the paper work is complete.  So much for operating in the best medical interest of the patient.  My guess, their hoarding the epogen and selling it on the black market.

• Sad 1

Best wishes MP, get better Bud !

We are all pulling for you Mike. I have to get my first test Tuesday?Wednesday when I arrive in Maine. I feel terrible you are being treated like this. I wish there was something I could do for you.

Been many, many years since I posted on this forum.  As an "old fart" from the old days, I rarely come to the forum, but I just so happened to come here today, and saw your post, Mplate!  Sorry to hear of your troubles...gittin old is a bitch, man.  Often think of your visit to Eugene.  Here's to you getting this worked out.  I'll hoist one for you!

18 hours ago, Daddyg said:

Been many, many years since I posted on this forum.  As an "old fart" from the old days, I rarely come to the forum, but I just so happened to come here today, and saw your post, Mplate!  Sorry to hear of your troubles...gittin old is a bitch, man.  Often think of your visit to Eugene.  Here's to you getting this worked out.  I'll hoist one for you!

Daddyg, good to hear from you.  I'm glad this forum is still available to connect old time Gilroy riders such as yourself with others.  I remember Eugene well, also.  I had just crashed the bike up on the Washington coast.  Both the bike and myself had seen better days.  Thankfully, both were in adequate shape to make the ride back to the Bay Area.  I have a picture of us from the Eugene encounter but I have to rebuild the mirror it's on before I can post it.  Might take a day or two, it's a big mirror.  Still in Eugene?  Still got the Chief?

I'm breaking a record here w 2 posts in 2 days!  

Yep, was supposed to meet you on the WA coast that trip, but shit happens 🤪  It was great that you could make it here anyway.  Still got the Chief, and still in Eugene.  Riding it a bit less these days but still running great.  Spent the last half hour lookin through the photo archives, but can't seem to locate that pic.  That I recall, we had some brown water we were hoisting!  

Wishin you well, Mike!

Don’t let anything happen to that mplate!

need to catch one more ball game with that old fellow!!!

Here's a couple of photos from my 2003 Iron Butt Tour:

DSC00129.JPG

DSC00057.JPG