Indian Motorcycle Community

^^^Nice GMC!

I havbin trying to get one of these radio control armored cars.

61O1CTLZ0SL._SX679_.jpg

AKDSteel HG P602 1/12 2.4G RC Truck 6WD 16CH 25km/h Cougar Electric RC Model Car Vehicles Outdoor Toys Transmitter Upgrade Sound and Light

me ride um centennial [MRUC]

Cain't see enuff of it to tell.........................

If it ain't to far removed looking from my 2017 2500HD GMC, (in other words, not too Tesla looking) I might be interested..................

• Like 1

I hear ya Robin, my 2016 2500 High Country got 90,000 on it yesterday. Still runs like a champ but I've been studying on getting a new one. My '03 Sierra is doing snow plow-firewood-dump duty in Maine, 200000 and running strong. Ive only had to change the oil and tires and windshield wipers, I'm thinking 02 sensors once.

• Like 1

My F250 6.0L is chugging along @ 180K. I know, it was Ford's worst nightmare - this is true. International, IMO, builds great diesel engines - Navistar is a division of International which designed & built the 6.0L diesel. It's interesting Navistar was relieved of the Ford class-action lawsuit litigation. I 'suspect' because Ford thought they were enhancing and/or making desired and/or required enhancements/changes to the Navistar 6.0L. Whatever the reason, the 6.0L was Ford's worst nightmare. It's cost me several dineros to maintain and more-or-less bullet-proof my 6.0L, but I suspect (hope) to achieve 500K out of this bitch. :outdoor:

Edited by Vintage Chief
  • Like 3

I have 270,000 miles on my 2007 6.0 and it still is strong / like all 6.0 owners it didn’t come cheap. Egr,head gaskets and studs ,high pressure oil pump, turbo ,etc ...... but now all the bugs are out it kicks ass

• Like 3

I have 270,000 miles on my 2007 6.0 and it still is strong / like all 6.0 owners it didn’t come cheap. Egr,head gaskets and studs ,high pressure oil pump, turbo ,etc ...... but now all the bugs are out it kicks ass

That's good information knowing you're @ 270K and going strong. The only serious big ticket items I've done thus far are upper ball joints & all fuel injectors. Those items I did not perform the R&R myself. I have replaced several other items (myself) regarding routine maintenance and/or failure (ICP, EGR, Multi-Function SW, carburetor fuel pressure assembly, U-Joint, etc.). I opened up the air intake and exhaust system right after purchase. I have not (as yet) had any serious issues with the turbo, head gaskets, HPOP, etc. I believe I'm developing a HPOP leak which will require an eventual rebuild or replacement. I'll probably wait until the time the HPOP goes out and then perform R&R of the head gaskets, studs, HPOP & turbo during one period of time rather than addressing each as it arises. The turbo appears to be doing OK thus far, I'll probably just do a complete rebuild of the turbo during that time. I'll address all of those items myself. BTW, mine is a 2003.

Edited by Vintage Chief

I have heard this story before in regards to a particular brand of motorcycle in a previous incantation. I'm glad you got the bugs fixed. My fear is being out in the bush in Maine in the middle of the winter hunting or sump tin and the truck not working. You can freeze to death quickly at negative 20. I wouldn't have cared a decade ago, but I'm slowing down a bit.

I hear ya Robin, my 2016 2500 High Country got 90,000 on it yesterday. Still runs like a champ but I've been studying on getting a new one. My '03 Sierra is doing snow plow-firewood-dump duty in Maine, 200000 and running strong. Ive only had to change the oil and tires and windshield wipers, I'm thinking 02 sensors once.

That's cool about your '03.

I have an '01 Sierra also.

It was just a spare vehicle till just recently.

Monica pulled the pin with big pharma in December and in doing so gave up a company supplied vehicle she has had for 22 years.

So guess who is driving the newer, nicer truck with all the bells and whistles.

And who is driving the older truck.

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Right. Yours truly.

Happy wife, happy life.

• Like 3

My F250 6.0L is chugging along @ 180K. I know, it was Ford's worst nightmare - this is true. International, IMO, builds great diesel engines - Navistar is a division of International which designed & built the 6.0L diesel. It's interesting Navistar was relieved of the Ford class-action lawsuit litigation. I 'suspect' because Ford thought they were enhancing and/or making desired and/or required enhancements/changes to the Navistar 6.0L. Whatever the reason, the 6.0L was Ford's worst nightmare. It's cost me several dineros to maintain and more-or-less bullet-proof my 6.0L, but I suspect (hope) to achieve 500K out of this bitch. :outdoor:

Kinda like owning a Gilroy eh? Once fixed they are bullet proof.

Al

• Like 3

That's cool about your '03.

I have an '01 Sierra also.

It was just a spare vehicle till just recently.

Monica pulled the pin with big pharma in December and in doing so gave up a company supplied vehicle she has had for 22 years.

So guess who is driving the newer, nicer truck with all the bells and whistles.

And who is driving the older truck.

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Right. Yours truly.

Happy wife, happy life.

Glad to hear Monica is home to keep an eye on you. Deryl has been working from home for five years. I think the end of 2020 she's retiring for the second time.I used to be in charge of a lot of shit and people when I was working, I am but a humble servant now. one of Her girlfriend's gave her an apron with the Queen of England's picture with the caption,"Queen of fucking everything" Of course I would be dead in the water without her!

• Like 2

Glad to hear Monica is home to keep an eye on you. Deryl has been working from home for five years. I think the end of 2020 she's retiring for the second time.I used to be in charge of a lot of shit and people when I was working, I am but a humble servant now. one of Her girlfriend's gave her an apron with the Queen of England's picture with the caption,"Queen of fucking everything" Of course I would be dead in the water without her!

I remember your story about the bartender in NZ telling you it was customary to remove one's hat in front of his pic of the queen and what you told him.................

Do you take it off for Deryl..................

• Like 1

Not in the sun it’ll blind her!