Indian Motorcycle Community

So quite a few years ago I had a disagreement on here about the best drummer in Rock and Roll. I thought it was Carl Palmer, probably because I grew up in the 60s and early 70s and Emerson Lake and Palmer was one of my favorite bands.

Since Neil Pearts death Ive been watching some YouTube videos. I now believe I was wrong. Neil Peart was the greatest drummer in Rock and Roll history.

• Like 1

Oh ya

The relief felt by any interruption of that squeaky lead singer... eh?

Edited by CHIEF DOC 99
  • Like 1

Shame someone that good wasn't performing for a good band.........................

Wait, let me elaborate on that.............................

Technically Rush's musicians are great, especially when they are covering another band's stuff.....................

It's their own music that SUX...........................

I hate most Rush muzak with the exception of "Tom Sawyer" a Canadian folklore figure who's hijinks on the Yukon River with his pals Teddy Salad and Nanuk of the North are well documented in Canadian literature! I remember when the went to Saint Alphonso's Pancake house, well I digress.....Geddy (Lee?) whatever his name is however is a good man. He bought thousands of items related to the Negro Baseball Leagues and then turned around and donated all of it to the Negro League Museum in Kansas City. Usually if you watch a Blue Jays Game he and the rest of the band are sitting behind home plate. Maybe not the best drummer in rock, but who I found very entertaining was Keith Moon. Honorable mentions John Bonham, and Ginger Baker and whoever the guy was in Iron Butterfly which coupled with the drum solo in "wipeout" are very soothing to my ears.

• Like 1

I started going to FZ & The Mothers concerts in '69. Saw FZ ~20 times - always admired Terry Bozio & to this day consider Terry one of the all time best drummers. I've always admired Russ Kunkel, as well. No doubt in my mind Neil Peart was an exceptional drummer. Saddened by his early departure. RIP

• Like 1

Neil Pert was an outstanding talent, may he RIP. Scratch that , may he be throwing thunder from the heavens :)

Just a side note , one of the greats but less known , the great Tony Thompson, from Chic and The Power Station , he banged them skins like they owes him money.

https://youtu.be/O2vHbXI2p4k

Edited by Airpirate
  • Like 1

I hate most Rush muzak with the exception of "Tom Sawyer" a Canadian folklore figure who's hijinks on the Yukon River with his pals Teddy Salad and Nanuk of the North are well documented in Canadian literature! I remember when the went to Saint Alphonso's Pancake house, well I digress.....Geddy (Lee?) whatever his name is however is a good man. He bought thousands of items related to the Negro Baseball Leagues and then turned around and donated all of it to the Negro League Museum in Kansas City. Usually if you watch a Blue Jays Game he and the rest of the band are sitting behind home plate. Maybe not the best drummer in rock, but who I found very entertaining was Keith Moon. Honorable mentions John Bonham, and Ginger Baker and whoever the guy was in Iron Butterfly which coupled with the drum solo in "wipeout" are very soothing to my ears.

All mentioned very good too.

We saw Jason Bonham and his Led Zeppelin Experience. It was an amazing show. If you closed your eyes it was Zeppelin.

Jason told stories about growing up with his dad and Led Zeppelin. He said his dad was like any dad and he was like any teenager... he said how he was mad at his dad and told him the Police were better than them.. it was a good story

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Seeing Rush play was always a treat - especially in the amphitheaters on a warm summer evening. Amazing the number of people attending the concert as well as the various age groups. In the 80’s & 90’s I attended with high school and/or college friends but everywhere you looked there were numerous groups of friends who hailed from either the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s = always a good show.

NP was a huge motorcyclist sometimes riding from show-to-show and IMHO one the best drummer ever- fine lyricist too.

Glad I was able to hear him play live a number of times.

• Like 1