Indian Motorcycle Community

Anyone Hear About Steve?

from AR? My wife saw on FB that he passed but no reason posted. Not sure if he goes by Longrider or if that's Richard. Sad to hear. We were looking forward to seeing him at the Gregory 500.

• Like 2

Yep. Bad news about Steve, aka Longrider. Pam called Monica this AM. Will let us know about arrangements later due to family scattered coast to coast. Evidently passed in sleep. Assuming heart issue until more info. Miss him already trying to get me to more events.

• Like 4

Me%20and%20Longider%20and%20bike_zpstjtn

IIRA_zpstu4t5tu1.jpg

Steve's the young good looking one.

R.I.P. my brother..................................

• Like 3

IMG_1382_zpsllyn6gor.jpg

#RIPLongrider #HeyFamily #StayLegendary

Edited by Harleynot
  • Like 2

#HeyFamily #IronIndianRiders

Edited by Harleynot
  • Like 1

I rode with him at Branson many times. A good man. R.I.P. Longrider. I’ll see you in the next place.

• Like 1

#BestAirGuitarPlayerEver #LongriderRules

• Like 1

I rode with him at Branson many times. A good man. R.I.P. Longrider. Ill see you in the next place.

just a few of the Smith Family Iron Indian Riders...

2435914B-0270-4A2B-A15E-0F92B22FE1DF_zps

post-965-0-68474000-1564669207_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Harleynot
  • Like 5

A very good man.

Our loss.

• Like 2

from AR? My wife saw on FB that he passed but no reason posted. Not sure if he goes by Longrider or if that's Richard. Sad to hear. We were looking forward to seeing him at the Gregory 500.

His twin brother Richard's handle is Wildhorse... see you in October Scalper.

steve%20smith%20in%20the%20wind%20patch_

• Like 4

His twin brother Richard's handle is Wildhorse... see you in October Scalper.

Sorry Steve, they are brothers but not twins. Six years difference in ages. Richard is the oldest. They do kook enough alike to be twins, though.

• Like 3

Only spoke to him on the phone once while he was waiting in Salt Lake a few years ago, very nice man.

For Longrider

May the road rise up to meet you

May the wind be always at your back

May the rain fall soft upon your fields

May the sun always shine warm upon your face

And until we meet again

May the good Lord hold you close

Irish Blessing

Edited by Airpirate
  • Like 2

Sorry Steve, they are brothers but not twins. Six years difference in ages. Richard is the oldest. They do kook enough alike to be twins, though.

...yeah..it's my private joke Richard and I share... :) sorry to fake people out on such a solemn event..

I forget that not everyone is up to speed in here now. My bad...

Wildhorse has requested that all Iron Indians wear their vests to the services if you are attending. *All Motorcycles are welcome.

;( link to obit below

https://www.cornwellfuneralhomes.com/obituary/steven-steve-smith?lud=BA85613D2EFAF5FE70CA50143DAB1A72&fbclid=IwAR2m-

WAhd2hgr49U2MgB0oIRs2VYBmMatMsHDhROBPHiQBE3-YcO4yYSTg

steve%20and%20pam%20smith%20best%20pic_z

Edited by Harleynot

His "alleged twin brother" Richard's handle is Wildhorse... see you in October Scalper.

67537999_10215755187658745_7447951862289

...yeah..it's my private joke Richard and I share... :) sorry to fake people out on such a solemn event..

I forget that not everyone is up to speed in here now. My bad...

I should have known you were joking.

The first time Richard introduced me to Steve It was as his older brother. I had already known Richard from a couple of IRIPs when Steve started coming to Branson.

Typical Richard.....................

• Like 2

Hate to see us loose anyone, let alone a fine Brother like Steve before his time.

Heartfelt Condolences to the Family.

This was so sad to hear about. Steve was such a good guy. I feel for Pam and the family. Such a shocking loss, particularly for them. I was looking forward to seeing Steve and Pam in Hot Springs. Rest in peace my friend.

67651438_2417359505024628_73306834324496

Rob Gregory's post on Steve:

My friend,
I had never met him but he volunteered to help with the first ever Demo truck event.
I had never met him and we talked on the phone about the Indian Motorcycle and the passion of the brand.
I had never met him, he told me this motorcycle would be different than anything I was ever a dealer for.
I had never met him and he became a part our stores constant demo truck team with demo events we can’t count.
I had never met him yet he always had on my shirts.
I had never met him before I knew of his kindness.
I had never met him but learned the sound of his laughter unlike anyone other.
I had never met him but learned of his loyalty.
I had never met him and never will I meet another like him.
If I had never met him I wouldn’t feel this pain.
Someday I’ll meet up with him and I’ll tell him, how, if I had never met him I wouldn’t be able to call him...
My friend.

Steve Smith my very good friend, passed in his sleep last night and may the walls of our store forever echo his laughter.

• Like 3

....* I have permission from his daughters to re-post this and a couple of other personal pics from the members site

**************************************************************************************************

What a somber yet awesome few days in Arkansas with the Smith Family and all of our Iron Indian brethren.....

In the air right now headed back to California.... A little closer to Steve Longrider Smith... or as his high school friends called him...Pearcy

#horsefly was his trucker handle

Of course round here he was simply known as Longrider..

Lots of great stories were told and lots of new memories made!

Just to see the strong showing from his Iron Indian Family lets you know how tight this riders group really is.

I am one proud dude right now....

the blood Family and Friends of Longrider...sincerely felt the brotherhood and sisterhood contained within our riders group.

I was asked to make sure that you all knew how they felt.

Iron Indian Rider Donnie.D wore his vest and spoke from the heart on the pulpit , about the love Longrider had for this riders group and for his personal brotherhood love for Steve Smith...

I was told time and time again how much it means to them that we made the effort to show up AND send our love, condolences and appreciation to them either in person or through the various social media posts!

sincere thanks from the Smith Family is something Im happier than heck to share with all of you....

Respect.....

Harleynot

BA09BB58-A6B2-4EC1-A86C-70AC32C7BB1D_zps

Edited by Harleynot
  • Like 11

[

post-965-0-82796700-1565551323_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Harleynot
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...