Electric Street

EVee

Estrogen Charged

15" rear wheel

Gearbox?

Is it US made????

Assembled in US....

From '?' unknown/foriegn parts sources.

IMC, or whoever is in charge these days, would be best advised to speed up a Lightning Bolt(C) Release of their own. So as not to miss much early wampum which appears to be destined for brand X's cashregister at this point. FAICT.

https://autowise.com/polaris-are-working-on-a-new-electric-bike-its-going-to-be-an-indian/

tn_gallery_3867_171_21897.jpg

me ride um centennial [MRUC]

BTW. What's this about the brand X electric project and a certain Mission Motors bankruptcy?

Taken from the autowise Link above.

"It seems like Indian and Harley-Davidson have great hopes for the evolution of battery technology over the next few years – because don’t forget Harley Davidson’s LiveWire project is due for public consumption around the same sort of time. Depending on what rights they’ve retained from the Mission Motors bankruptcy, at least. Either way, a Polaris electric motorcycle is coming, so stay tuned."

me ride um centennial [MRUC]

https://autowise.com/polaris-are-working-on-a-new-electric-bike-its-going-to-be-an-indian/

I don't know. I read the above article and IMO there really isn't much new information in this article which hasn't already been publicly stated by Steve ~3-4 years ago.

Personally, I'm suspecting Indian to release an electric motorcycle much sooner than the next 4-5 years. Perhaps in the next 1-2 years. If you look at the history of EV propulsion within Polaris, they've been engineering & selling electric vehicles (e.g. GEM) for quite some time. They just released the RangerEV a couple months ago. The Victory Empulse was not developed by Polaris or Victory, it was engineered and produced by Brammo in 2010. Then, Polaris bought Brammo electric motorcycle division. Interestingly, the remaining assets of Brammo were sold to none-other-than Cummins. (2015). Polaris, IMO, has been quietly working to engineer more EV products - not for the Indian Motorcycle business alone, by any stretch of the imagination, but I believe on a larger scale moving towards urban EV commuting. Where Cummins fits into all of this is a mystery, but I'm sure a company like Cummins is looking well into the future of electric propulsion.

• Like 1

Lemmy's Review @ Revzilla, Jul 17, 2019:

2020 H-D LiveWire First Ride

I think it's an exciting time to witness the advent of EV motorcycle research, engineering, development & marketing.

Honda released a couple EV models in March.
Add to this Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki & Kawasaki are reportedly cooperating on the release of EV motorcycles.

The purpose of posting this information is simply to provide us (the members) w/ up-to-date information. When Indian Motorcycle does release an EV, some of us will have a better opportunity to evaluate how a new IndianEV competes in this marketplace.

• 2 months later...

Think they'll push easy down the road when they run out of juice?

Harley-Davidson has halted production and delivery of its first electric motorcycle, the LiveWire, after discovering what the Milwaukee-based manufacturer described as a non-standard condition. ... The LiveWire went into production in 2019 after years of hints and even a concept electric motorcycle roadshow.

• Like 1

Harley-Davidson has halted production and delivery of its first electric motorcycle, the LiveWire, after discovering what the Milwaukee-based manufacturer described as a non-standard condition. ... The LiveWire went into production in 2019 after years of hints and even a concept electric motorcycle roadshow.

I would appear this is related to a glitch in standard home charging - i.e. plugging into your standard home electrical circuit. They are recommending charging only via a professional charging system such as that found at a dealership (for those bikes already sold). Hmmm....seems like this glitch would have surfaced long ago in R&D (if someone was actually doing their job).

https://techcrunch.com/2019/10/14/harley-pulls-plug-on-livewire-production-shortly-after-ev-debut/

https://robbreport.com/motors/motorcycles/harley-davidson-stops-production-2020-livewire-2874517/

https://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/news/2019/10/16/milwaukee-area-harley-davidson-dealers-confident.html

The charger should come with the bike

The charger itself must transform household AC to DC at a rate compatible with

the normal running rate of charge for a lithium ion battery.

Maybe there is a problem with 'overcharging' as is usual with HD. LOL

• Like 2

The charger should come with the bike

The charger itself must transform household AC to DC at a rate compatible with

the normal running rate of charge for a lithium ion battery.

Maybe there is a problem with 'overcharging' as is usual with HD. LOL

I'm attempting to garner as much information regarding EV charging while reading various articles, etc. I guess what I don't know demonstrates similarity to your statement: "The charger should come with the bike"

What I don't know is whether the EV charger is a standalone charger or whether the charger is built-in to the motorcycle. If the charger was an external stand-alone EV charger, I wouldn't suspect a recall on the motorcycles, but rather a recall on the EV chargers themselves - if they are stand-alone chargers (but, I don't know if they're standalone so I'm going to have to do some research this).

I get the point of transforming (inverting) AC>DC @ a the nominal rate of charge discharge values for a lithium battery; so, I'm kind-of (I guess) suspecting the EV charger is built into the motorcycle and you simply plug the on-board EV charger into the home AC electrical duplex? Is this how most EV motorcycle batteries are recharged? Perhaps different motorcycle manufacturers employ both methods or one or the other?

I seriously need to do more reading.

Edited by Vintage Chief