Indian Motorcycle Community

Memorial Day

Romber the what today is about when you go about your daily business today. Some gave all, all gave some.

RIP Dad.

• Like 4

Agreed, this is a day to remember only those whom fell in battle while serving their country.

But please remember PTSD kills after the fact as well as AGENT ORANGE, I have seen those suffer years later. It is like Veitnam came back and got them. . . . . . . and it usually wins after a long and painful battle. I have watched it take two of my friends and I am seeing it work on another now. And like serving they fight courageously and with honor, they all remained patriots and proud. THEY GAVE ALL! and I pray for those battling it now as well as their family and friends whom will support them the best that they can.

Over the years it has become acceptable to honor the deceased veteran whom served honorably which I am okay with, don't exactly agree but like I said above the war may never end for some and for some it comes back and takes them.

This holiday has became a honor or pay your respect to all whom have passed away, this is wrong! A day to party at the lake or at the pool, wrong! A paid holiday off for many to just have a day off, wrong! How many of you go to a veterans grave and pay your respect? How many people get involved in a flag raising ceremony to honor deceased warriors, go to a grave yard and put out flags.

I have a friend, a Marine whom since Memorial Day 1969 has gone to his best friends grave whom was killed in 1968 in Veitnam not missing a one Memorial Day. He was a Marine as well, they grew up together, enlisted together yet deployed to Veitnam less than one year apart were always together. Carl brought Robbie home to his family which the family had requested the my Marine Corps allowed. 50 years this year Carl will again make the trip on Memorial Day to pay respect and show honor, that is truly what Memorial Day is about.

Also, not a time to honor first responders whom have passed away and yet were never in military service to our country. Not a day to honor deceased whom never served or whom may have served another country.

• Like 1

Agreed, this is a day to remember only those whom fell in battle while serving their country.

But please remember PTSD kills after the fact as well as AGENT ORANGE, I have seen those suffer years later. It is like Veitnam came back and got them. . . . . . . and it usually wins after a long and painful battle. I have watched it take two of my friends and I am seeing it work on another now. And like serving they fight courageously and with honor, they all remained patriots and proud. THEY GAVE ALL! and I pray for those battling it now as well as their family and friends whom will support them the best that they can.

Over the years it has become acceptable to honor the deceased veteran whom served honorably which I am okay with, don't exactly agree but like I said above the war may never end for some and for some it comes back and takes them.

This holiday has became a honor or pay your respect to all whom have passed away, this is wrong! A day to party at the lake or at the pool, wrong! A paid holiday off for many to just have a day off, wrong! How many of you go to a veterans grave and pay your respect? How many people get involved in a flag raising ceremony to honor deceased warriors, go to a grave yard and put out flags.

I have a friend, a Marine whom since Memorial Day 1969 has gone to his best friends grave whom was killed in 1968 in Veitnam not missing a one Memorial Day. He was a Marine as well, they grew up together, enlisted together yet deployed to Veitnam less than one year apart were always together. Carl brought Robbie home to his family which the family had requested the my Marine Corps allowed. 50 years this year Carl will again make the trip on Memorial Day to pay respect and show honor, that is truly what Memorial Day is about.

Also, not a time to honor first responders whom have passed away and yet were never in military service to our country. Not a day to honor deceased whom never served or whom may have served another country.

I went to my VFW post this morning for our annual service and flag placement
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...