Indian Motorcycle Community

What Happened?

So I get an e mail from Indian about the new Dar Horse Chief, I click the link and there it is, no Indian fenders , looks like a Harley or a Vic, so I click on customize and still no fender options

After adding seat, rear fender flap I was up to $28 grand. My Gilroy. "From my cold dead hands :)

• Like 3

So I get an e mail from Indian about the new Dar Horse Chief, I click the link and there it is, no Indian fenders , looks like a Harley or a Vic, so I click on customize and still no fender options

After adding seat, rear fender flap I was up to $28 grand. My Gilroy. "From my cold dead hands :)

And it was an ugly color IMO. Nothing "DARK" about it.

Last year Indian/Polaris had a bunch of “Master Builders” customize some Chiefs in a contest. None of these motherfuckers knew anything about our brand, nor cared anything about Indian until money was involved and cut the fenders off and made them look like a Hardly’s/Big Wheel love child.

From a historical perspective, Indian didn’t have the full mudguards we know until I believe 1939.

• Like 2

I probly got same email but did not bother to open it. My guess.....they're trying to clear out some old inventory before putting The Grand Old Marque on block, again, for sale to first slob who comes up with enough pocket change to purchase the Brand.

tn_gallery_3867_171_21897.jpg

me ride um centennial [MRUC]

Bottom line - they suck!!

" look like a Hardly’s/Big Wheel love child."

Heh, yup!

• Like 1

Both Gilroy and Kings Mountain had skirtless versions of Indian... seemed okay by everyone then... there are only so many of us that will buy a bike with the fender skirts. As long as they continue to offer them Ill be happy...

I just wont buy what I dont like. What I do like is they are still in business... and they arent going anywhere..

• Like 2

Both Gilroy and Kings Mountain had skirtless versions of Indian... seemed okay by everyone then... there are only so many of us that will buy a bike with the fender skirts. As long as they continue to offer them Ill be happy...

I just wont buy what I dont like. What I do like is they are still in business... and they arent going anywhere..

yes but they had the long skirts as an option. from what i'm hearing you don't get that choice.

Al

yes but they had the long skirts as an option. from what i'm hearing you don't get that choice.

Al

Sure you do... it may not be an option on all bikes, but you couldnt get them on the Spirit or Scout either. But, you can on the Chief line...

Take a look here... I see skirts...

https://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-us/motorcycles/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAheXiBRD-ARIsAODSpWOzSytSwOJ4xvvNbdFPy2FnYaj3UzIhNb2qPGgqeoSmw0i-prlNcWAaAi_aEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Edited by stu
  • Like 1

If I remember right the only people that liked the skirtless Kings Mountain was the bosses...and the HD converts that would not let go....I think they were the worse selling models in lineup. They may be selling in droves now but other than name why would you buy an Indian that looks just like your Harley....well unless you were a Drifter guy and used to being one thing and dressing up another....transvendored!!!!!

• Like 2

Sure you do... it may not be an option on all bikes, but you couldnt get them on the Spirit or Scout either. But, you can on the Chief line...

Take a look here... I see skirts...

https://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-us/motorcycles/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAheXiBRD-ARIsAODSpWOzSytSwOJ4xvvNbdFPy2FnYaj3UzIhNb2qPGgqeoSmw0i-prlNcWAaAi_aEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

According to what I just read its not a factory option like it was on the KM short fender bikes. and the Gilroy chiefs never came with short fenders.

Al

According to what I just read its not a factory option like it was on the KM short fender bikes. and the Gilroy chiefs never came with short fenders.

Al

Im not sure what youre trying to say... did you look at the line up... there are still Chiefs with skirts. There are Chiefs with short fenders. Pick the one you like...

• Like 1

If I remember right the only people that liked the skirtless Kings Mountain was the bosses...and the HD converts that would not let go....I think they were the worse selling models in lineup. They may be selling in droves now but other than name why would you buy an Indian that looks just like your Harley....well unless you were a Drifter guy and used to being one thing and dressing up another....transvendored!!!!!

Its not just Chiefs... Gilroy sold Spirits and Scouts. No fenders... Indian now offers the Scout, no skirts. And different versions of the Chief, with and without skirts..buy what you like...

As for KM... their skirted Chiefs didnt sell that well either...

• Like 1

Good stuff, Stu! Buy what you want, folks. Indian, historically, produced many short fendered bikes. Gilroy and Kings Mountain! They were nice bikes but we're using them now for historical comparisons? LOL They were like YESTERDAY and were around for super short times! I personally like the Indians with the skirted fenders more but I like them all. They are all Indians if produced by Indian Motorcycle Company and choice is good.

Edited by RedChieftain

Its not just Chiefs... Gilroy sold Spirits and Scouts. No fenders... Indian now offers the Scout, no skirts. And different versions of the Chief, with and without skirts..buy what you like...

As for KM... their skirted Chiefs didnt sell that well either...

Which is why the KM bike had the option of the skirts. look at the first post Chief dark horse doesn't have the option of skirts. Gilroy never offered a chief without skirts mentioning the spirits and scouts is just argumentative Stu. I find nothing wrong with the skirt less bikes I just wonder why its not an option I actually like the new 2019 that everyone is crying over it looking like an HD. I went to see those in person and I think they look great.

Al

Im not sure what youre trying to say... did you look at the line up... there are still Chiefs with skirts. There are Chiefs with short fenders. Pick the one you like...

what if I liked the dark horse but wanted the skirts? that's what airpirates post was about. how hard would it be to offer them.

Al

what if I liked the dark horse but wanted the skirts? that's what airpirates post was about. how hard would it be to offer them.

Al

I bet you can get it... in fact I know you can get it... but you just might have to ask your dealer...

I bet you can get it... in fact I know you can get it... but you just might have to ask your dealer...

kinda like you have to buy the skirtless fenders then add the skirted fenders for extra as an accessory as apposed to having them installed as an option. another way to make money I guess.

Al