Indian Motorcycle Community

I have always been a loyal Samson exhaust customer. In the last few years, I have read that the business is actively for sale. Not sure if it sold, or not. Over the years, I have purchased and installed many sets of their products, all with success and loved their quality and service, until now.

Two weeks ago I ordered a set of 42 inch fishtail mufflers. I purchased them from the Samson Ebay store. The ad showed that they had three sets in stock, which turned out to be a lie. Today, I get an email saying they are waiting for parts to make my order. So, for the last two weeks essentially nothing has happened, nothing.

Buyer beware, Samson now is not the Samson of old we all were used to dealing with.

soooooo, what I heard and this is kinda old news....last year or so..

Kenny had some issues.....health, financial, female...

sorta sold his biz...lawyers got involved

"see SVT USA Sampson exhaust" ...they are all over the place claiming they are not Sampson USA. Weird Marketing ploy...

Kenny "The Godfather of Motorcycle Exhaust" ....moved out of Brea California....

put his kid (Stan ) in charge and tried to be an "online only" exhaust company out of Sturgis area...

I like the guy, met him a couple of times. He never shunned Indian Riders to me anyway... like many HD Industry honks do....

messy deal...

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, it took 20 days from my purchase to receive the mufflers. They fit up with a little tweaking and had a scratch on the chrome. But, all in all, I am pleased. It is clear that the company has moved locations and it experiencing some delays in shipping. Hopefully, things will improve, but until then, buyer beware.

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...
On 1/22/2019 at 8:17 AM, Indiansteve said:

I have always been a loyal Samson exhaust customer. In the last few years, I have read that the business is actively for sale. Not sure if it sold, or not. Over the years, I have purchased and installed many sets of their products, all with success and loved their quality and service, until now.

Two weeks ago I ordered a set of 42 inch fishtail mufflers. I purchased them from the Samson Ebay store. The ad showed that they had three sets in stock, which turned out to be a lie. Today, I get an email saying they are waiting for parts to make my order. So, for the last two weeks essentially nothing has happened, nothing.

Buyer beware, Samson now is not the Samson of old we all were used to dealing with.

Looking through old posts I just ordered a set of Samson true dualls the lady there said Samson was now owned by a Canadian, its a bit pricey for us buying out of the States as our dollar is only worth 80cents  it has been at 75 cents for a long time

Afterfour(Rick)

I have a set of Samson fish tails on my Springfield.  The company is/was in Indiana last year when I bought them.  They had issues and told me they weren't going to sell them anymore ( for the Polaris Indians). Not sure about Gilroys.