Indian Motorcycle Community

I know it is early, but is anyone here going to Sturgis in August. I have a group going and always enjoy attending the Indian sponsored events. Would also enjoy meeting some of you who have helped me from this forum.

Once is enough for me.

• Like 1

Ive ridden the area in and around the Black Hills. Just not during the rally.. Ive really never been a sit in a bunch of traffic to have fun kind of guy.

Ive only been there once, but will definitely go back, before or after the rally. So much to see and do..

Edited by stu
  • Like 2

We get Sturgis traffic in LA all the time. No need to leave here to sit in traffic there.

Will definitely visit when that fukr Hasbin moves out there but not during that traffic jam rally.

• Like 3

Went there last year after leaving the fire @ Durango. Stayed in Black Hills, I hope to back there again. Don't know if I'll ever go to the Sturgis Rally just because of the crowds. Our IIRA rallys are big enough for me

• Like 1

Went there last year after leaving the fire @ Durango. Stayed in Black Hills, I hope to back there again. Don't know if I'll ever go to the Sturgis Rally just because of the crowds. Our IIRA rallys are big enough for me

Damn... we did the same last year... after a stop in Denver...

We never caught up with anyone in Durango because of the fires... we stayed in a campground next to the Iron Horse.. we saw a few of yall in Ouray and outside of Durango... just was never able to catch up

• Like 1

Yeah that fire sure made a mess of things, Hope to meet you on the next ride.

Durango was the beginning of our trip, went to Colorado springs to ride Pikes Peak, then to Black Hills South Dakota to see Crazy Horse and Rushmore, on to Wyoming & Montana to see Yellowstone via Bear tooth Hwy, Road to the sun still blocked with snow, next to Belingham Washington to ride Mt Baker and Whidbey island, then to Welches Oregon to ride along the Columbia river and Mt. Hood - could not get through due to snow and it's June, last stop to Napa Ca. That's when my Chieftain decided to have oil pressure problems. At least it was the end of our trip. That was a 5K+ miles with my bike in my truck but when we get to our destination we unload and go explore. Did about 1500+ miles of riding.

This year we are in the planing stages to head out to the Carolina's, then to Florida to see our kid and end up in Hill Country Texas for the IIRA Reunion.

• Like 3

Yeah that fire sure made a mess of things, Hope to meet you on the next ride.

Durango was the beginning of our trip, went to Colorado springs to ride Pikes Peak, then to Black Hills South Dakota to see Crazy Horse and Rushmore, on to Wyoming & Montana to see Yellowstone via Bear tooth Hwy, Road to the sun still blocked with snow, next to Belingham Washington to ride Mt Baker and Whidbey island, then to Welches Oregon to ride along the Columbia river and Mt. Hood - could not get through due to snow and it's June, last stop to Napa Ca. That's when my Chieftain decided to have oil pressure problems. At least it was the end of our trip. That was a 5K+ miles with my bike in my truck but when we get to our destination we unload and go explore. Did about 1500+ miles of riding.

This year we are in the planing stages to head out to the Carolina's, then to Florida to see our kid and end up in Hill Country Texas for the IIRA Reunion.

Let me know when you plan to hit the Carolinas... were just a stones throw away in Virginia...

• Like 1

75th got my fix for awhile .. stupid amt of people there that year

• Like 2

74, 75 and 78th. This year going to Texas. I'll be there for the 80th though!

I enjoy going to Sturgis every 4 or 5 years. By then, I miss the Black Hills and have a longing to return. I was also there for the 75th Anniversary and that is, in part, why I am going this year, not next, which will be the 80th Anniversary.

While I enjoy the crowd and all that is Sturgis, the 75th was a crowd like I had never seen before.

• Like 1