Indian Motorcycle Community

Anyone Else Catch Evel Live Last Night?

Pretty damn impressive. Brought the kid out in me that followed Evel and all his jumps and antics. It was great to see the Evel livery and the Indian Scout 750 showing everyone how it's done.

https://www.history.com/news/evel-live-travis-pastrana-evel-knievel-three-jumps-las-vegas

• Like 4

Nice! Saw it on cable news.

I'm liking the clean look (without diagonal fins) of this IM engine more as time goes on.

413584639.jpg

me ride um centennial [MRUC]

cheers

• Like 1

I thought it was a pretty good program, a little drawn out but,

still enjoyed it to the end jump..

:moped:

Dave

I have mixed feelings. Nice work on the jumps and a good marketing move on Indians part. Comparing Evels jumps to these is apples to oranges. The mixed part is... I hope Evels family is getting their share. I mean.... without Evel... well yall get my point. The exploitation of Evels name, look, image, and even his wardrobe was without remorse and unbridled. Lastly it takes Indian one step closer to being HD. By reading the forums on Facebook that is what most want. I concede gracefully but that isnt my Indian. But alas, that ship sailed the day the call came into the kings mountain factory from Polaris corporate. Careful what you wish for.

Edited by badndn
  • Like 1

I have mixed feelings. Nice work on the jumps and a good marketing move on Indians part. Comparing Evels jumps to these is apples to oranges. The mixed part is... I hope Evels family is getting their share. I mean.... without Evel... well yall get my point. The exploitation of Evels name, look, image, and even his wardrobe was without remorse and unbridled. Lastly it takes Indian one step closer to being HD. By reading the forums on Facebook that is what most want. I concede gracefully but that isnt my Indian. But alas, that ship sailed the day the call came into the kings mountain factory from Polaris corporate. Careful what you wish for.

I see it differently. by using the evel out fits and such was an acknowledgement to the man and what he did not a copy. there is and will only be one Evel.

Al

• Like 4

Still seemed a little weird to me. Evel was my hero as a kid. I guess I am a little over protective. Lol. But naming the show Evel LIVE? Little over the top.

• Like 2

The family was in on it completely. Not only were family members interviewed in the packages, interviewed and present at the event, they also signed off on and released the images of Evel from their archive footage.

Evel was a hero to Travis. My neighbor two houses down has been friends with him since his early teens and has been telling me about all the practising he's been doing for the last six months. Travis is the real deal and has broken nearly as many things as Evel has in his pursuit of stunts. He even managed to separate his pelvis from his spine in one accident. Let that one sink in for a minute. I believe everything he did was a tribute to his hero and it was an honor for him to wear the Evel's colors.

Now...who's going to do Snake River Canyon?

• Like 3

I thought it was a pretty good program, a little drawn out but,

still enjoyed it to the end jump..

:moped:

Dave

Long and drawn out? As a kid you obviously never wasted an entire Sunday afternoon watching Wide World Of Sports just to see Evel Kenevil jump at the very end of the show.

• Like 2

It was a little drawn out at 3 hours, but I figured they planned it that way so he could have 2:45 working in his Indian and :15 minutes riding it.

• Like 1