Indian Motorcycle Community
CHIEF DOC 99

N E W S & Q U R R E N T E V E N T S

I grew up in Chicago. John played the Old Town circuit during my late teen years (1968-1970) while we all hung out in Old Town (most of us waiting on our draft numbers and deciding if we were heading to Canada or succumbing to the draft) buying lots of really fine pot and smoking lots of really fine pot. We'd see John in all areas between Old Town & Second City (Hyde Park). Truly a great person. My two favorite Pride songs (below). Sam Stone begins on the second YouTube link @ 5'30" - probably the best Sam Stone I think I've ever seen John perform. So much heartfelt emotion. What a guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=EF8S5XB-eYs&feature=emb_logo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqnIWoaF6zU&feature=emb_rel_end

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Micmac said:

Plague did him in. I saw him in first '73 in Greensboro at UNCG. wasn't but about 2-300 people. I saw him once with Emmy Lou Harris in the late 70's in Charlotte. I was going to see him and Emmy Lou again in June in Virginia. He was also the headline act for the Merle Fest in North Wilkesboro, NC this year. He was a common guy, much like Stomping Tom was. They loved their countries, and spoke to the common everyday guy.

Was a fan since the 70's but the first time I saw him live was at the Winnipeg folk fest in the early 80's he is great on the main stage but when you get up close and personal in the work shops its a whole different experience. I was going to see him again this year as he was back at the folk fest in July as a head liner. 

Al

Edited by indian al
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, indian al said:

Was a fan since the 70's but the first time I saw him live was at the Winnipeg folk fest in the early 80's he is great on the main stage but when you get up close and personal in the work shops its a whole different experience. I was going to see him again this year as he was back at the folk fest in July as a head liner. 

Al

Al, I'm going to suspect you've seen BTO & Burton & Randy? I've never seen BTO or either Burton or Randy separately or together but both BTO & Burton & Randy are one of my all-time favorite bands. I know they're both from Winnipeg (I've never been to Winnipeg) and they both were friends w/ Neil - playing the same places. Have you seen BTO &/or Burton & Randy?

• Like 1

I remember when Burton Cummings had a variety show on CBC after the band

As the coronavirus pandemic continues to drive states to make disaster declarations,

Vermont became the 47th state to do so on Wednesday afternoon, CNN reports.

The U.S. Virgin Islands, the Northern Mariana Islands, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico

have also made disaster declarations.

There has never been a 50-state disaster.

Currently, only three states in the U.S. haven’t declared disasters:

• Alaska

• Wyoming

• Idaho

Burton Cummings had one of the best voices in Rock. Nobody could scream like Roger Daltry or Jim Morrison though.

• Like 2

Agree Pete. Burton had one of the best voices in out there.

21 hours ago, Vintage Chief said:

Al, I'm going to suspect you've seen BTO & Burton & Randy? I've never seen BTO or either Burton or Randy separately or together but both BTO & Burton & Randy are one of my all-time favorite bands. I know they're both from Winnipeg (I've never been to Winnipeg) and they both were friends w/ Neil - playing the same places. Have you seen BTO &/or Burton & Randy?

Yes I have seen BTO a couple times. Saw Burton once. Seen Neil 3 times. All from Winnipeg.

Al

On a side note Randy Bachmans brother was my English teacher.

Al

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://strategypage.com/gallery/images/super-guppy-04-07-2020.png

https://strategypage.com/gallery/images/b-2-f-35a-03-26-2020.png

https://strategypage.com/gallery/images/blue-angels-02-11-2020.png

23 hours ago, indian al said:

Al

No shit! That's pretty cool. After grad school I taught at Pasco-Hernando State College up in Brooksville, FL ~5 years (Majors Biology). One particular semester on the first day of class I'm calling off names in class of those signed up for my class from the list of names assigned to my class from the registrar's office and when I get to the end of the alphabet list of names I get to this guy named Ricky Van Zant. Yep, nephew of Johnny, Ronnie or Donnie - I don't recall which - I seem to recall he was Donnie's nephew (38 Special).

• Like 1

On 4/9/2020 at 3:17 PM, indian al said:

Al

I remember seeing a show recently, might have been on CBC where a bunch of acetate recordings and hand written copies of songs from the early days of BTOwere dIscvered in a garage in Winnipeg. I wonder if any of them were ever released in Canada?

I have seen Neal with crazy horse, and solo a few times.

One you won't be seeing on CMT anytime soon...

This is how you address your nation. Notice this broadcast lacks any of the mother fucking bullshit political lying suck my fucking cock garbage spewed by our Supreme Leader.

1 hour ago, CHIEF DOC 99 said:

This reporter is a fucking winch. What she doesn't ASSUME....which is the ENTIRETY of the fucking dribble in this shitty diatribe.....nothing but ASSUMPTION...is the fact MOST people were already moving onto protection while the lame ass fucking president was telling our nation this shit will be gone in a couple days because the one person from China who brought it in is all we need to worry about. I can't believe people really believe this type of SHIT.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

It would be such a pity if some of these broadcasters became infected with SARS-CoV-2. Bless their hearts.

Edited by Vintage Chief
  • Like 1

This is how you actually talk to people...note I mentioned the word talk. Something no one in a leadership role w/in this administration knows anything about. This administration is pathetic!

• Like 1