Indian Motorcycle Community

When will Indian go electric? Are they already behind the curve? Do they need help designing a bike that meets the requirements of today's young riders? Why can't they cut the fossil fuel mind set? A good electric sport bike and cruzer would keep them in today's market. No innovation? No forward thinking? I could care less about a different paint job or plastic looking petrol engines, boring... Maybe Elon could help them? An Indian drone? Never touching the road. Now that would be cool... A bike that won't rust or chrome that flakes out, optional clip on attachments like my yard engine, (weed wackier, edger, trimmer) (sidecar, grocery trailer, trike, keg, fat tire)... Or maybe a wi-fi HMD on a bobber. Crap even a freight train horn would be nice... I'd like to tune my engine and receive diagnostics on my iPad. Give me something innovated to sit beside my 02 Spirit or be another end of life brand.

Let me have it second family... What say you?

• Like 1

When will Indian go electric? Are they already behind the curve? Do they need help designing a bike that meets the requirements of today's young riders? Why can't they cut the fossil fuel mind set? A good electric sport bike and cruzer would keep them in today's market. No innovation? No forward thinking? I could care less about a different paint job or plastic looking petrol engines, boring... Maybe Elon could help them? An Indian drone? Never touching the road. Now that would be cool... A bike that won't rust or chrome that flakes out, optional clip on attachments like my yard engine, (weed wackier, edger, trimmer) (sidecar, grocery trailer, trike, keg, fat tire)... Or maybe a wi-fi HMD on a bobber. Crap even a freight train horn would be nice... I'd like to tune my engine and receive diagnostics on my iPad. Give me something innovated to sit beside my 02 Spirit or be another end of life brand.

Search Google. You’ll find Electric Indian Motorcycle announcements. Search this forum you’ll find additional information on perspective release dates...3 to 4 years.

The moon landings were a home movie production & the earth is flat. :rauch08:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9ntfzu4HXc

Edited by CHIEF DOC 99
  • Like 1

Search Google. You’ll find Electric Indian Motorcycle announcements. Search this forum you’ll find additional information on perspective release dates...3 to 4 years.

3-4 years.... blah blah blah.... way behind the curve.... step up the pace or roll over... good biz is by the minute, not years...

Don't get me wrong... I would never trade my Indian in... best bike I've ever owned... after thousands of dollars to get her running right... and over 120K on her to date... just stirring the pot... and making you think. Innovation is what makes me tick...

• Like 2

and how about an automatic transmission? Whats with hanging on to the dated rock crusher anyhow? I get tired of

counting 1-2-3-4-5

now down 4-3-2-N-1....

Here's an electric prototype(?) Indian® Mothership has been promoting on the internet.

victory_empulse.jpg

Me Ride Um Centennial [MRUC]

cheers

Indian used to be about innovation and design but it's now about the brand collecting that nostalgic feel. Nothing new here. Please move along and buy a t-shirt.

• Like 4

Yeah buy what you can when you can cause it may never be available again. The new business plan (innovation) has no inventory, produced only for demand and not a presumption of. I think my 14 is obsolete JMO

Polaris kinda turtled into hiding with the Victory Brammo battery operated scooter.

Maybe they are trying to redevelop/restyle adding a longer range powertrain prior to

rebadging the effort as something like INDIAN LIGHTNING.

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open." - Frank Zappa

• Like 1

Overall I believe...presently Indian mc is experiencing some welcome success specially against rival Brand X. Without checking recent stock market results I consider this to be a kind of golden period for The Grand Old Marque. Not the bad kind of golden....the good kind.

tn_gallery_3867_171_21897.jpg

Stay with fossil fuels , at least the atmosphere farts,

Batteries recharged or not will fill the earth and never leave.

Clean burning NG ?

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

So how many many charging stations do they have set for me between Waco. Tx and Sturgis. And how many extra days will it take me to get there and back after I stop every 100 miles or so to juice up my battree. ???

• Like 2

If only the power of farts, could be harnessed.

me ride um centennial [MRUC]

cheers

My issue with electric cars, bikes, etc is they are currently only good for shorter distant trips. A typical 1 day ride on the weekend for me is 200-600 miles, a two day ride is normally 1000+. How do I do this with current technology? If I only used my bike for short runs, back and forth to work or bar hoping I could live with the range issues but its now how I use my bike. What ever green solution they come up with needs to have a 5-10 recharge\refuel capability or it doesn't work for me.

• Like 1