Indian Motorcycle Community

I have been calling Iron Horse to make reservations but there is only a message that they are not taking reservations due to construction.

Was told from Toni that the place is closed for the winter while under construction. Front office number should be forwarded to someone who can take reservations. Keep trying. Also, the pricing has been squared away as well.

• Like 2

Have fun everyone - I won't be there this year and am instead riding back to the Outer Banks.

Have fun everyone - I won't be there this year and am instead riding back to the Outer Banks.

The Outer Banks are ok... but nothing like Colorado...

We will be in the area and looking forward to dropping in and seeing folks... guess I wont see you.. but have fun..

• Like 2

2017 map

updated%20map%2005-10-17_zpsbg0mtefe.jpg

• Like 1

The Outer Banks are ok... but nothing like Colorado...

We will be in the area and looking forward to dropping in and seeing folks... guess I wont see you.. but have fun..

I live in Colorado, which is partly why I'm tired of going there. There are a lot of nice places to go in Colorado - Durango for me is sort of a "meh".

On my way to the Outer Banks I'll be going through Tennessee to visit the town where my father was born - and where my grandfather and great grandfather lived their lives. Then I'll hit the Dragon, visit some old friends in North Carolina, then the OB, then ride the Blue Ridge Parkway. Should be fun.

In late August I'll be riding through the Black Hills (3 days there), then over to Yellowstone (3 days there). A couple of other trips might sneak in over the summer too.

I live in Colorado, which is partly why I'm tired of going there. There are a lot of nice places to go in Colorado - Durango for me is sort of a "meh".

On my way to the Outer Banks I'll be going through Tennessee to visit the town where my father was born - and where my grandfather and great grandfather lived their lives. Then I'll hit the Dragon, visit some old friends in North Carolina, then the OB, then ride the Blue Ridge Parkway. Should be fun.

In late August I'll be riding through the Black Hills (3 days there), then over to Yellowstone (3 days there). A couple of other trips might sneak in over the summer too.

When are you heading this way? Early June?

• Like 1

When are you heading this way? Early June?

I haven't gotten the dates nailed down yet - but it will be early / mid June.

I haven't gotten the dates nailed down yet - but it will be early / mid June.

Liable to pass you on our way out

To me, this event is about the people way more than the location, the location is a draw, but the people make the event, sad you'll be missing it, but we must soldier on. Sorry that the spirit of it is lost on some already. But we all have things in life that drive passion. I have held an event by my house as well and at my house ( actually at my house ) and it just made it easier for us, nope " meh " never entered my mind. I think this event is more for people who like meeting other riders and enjoying time with others who share a similar story or back ground of riding.

• Like 5

I love you man............................

Sexual harassment will be tolerated on this forum...

• Like 5

To me, this event is about the people way more than the location, the location is a draw, but the people make the event, sad you'll be missing it, but we must soldier on. Sorry that the spirit of it is lost on some already. But we all have things in life that drive passion. I have held an event by my house as well and at my house ( actually at my house ) and it just made it easier for us, nope " meh " never entered my mind. I think this event is more for people who like meeting other riders and enjoying time with others who share a similar story or back ground of riding.

To piggy back my statement further and state an observation,

I did not realize that so many little cliques were happening last year as I was moving last year right during the event and just could not make it.

I will be there this year and will be bringing this clique thing up, as I noticed a bit of it the first go round as well. It didn't really bother me per se it got me thinking though, we ride all the way out to meet a bunch of new folks and ride with them, yet, we end up riding with our normal riding people, with few strangers.

These events need to be designed more to get to know each other IMHO, or we can at least try promoting the concept more maybe.

We are all from the same kind of back ground when it comes to riding, and it really does get interesting when we commingle our ideas. Maybe a couple of events during the reunion, arranged in a fashion to make people mix with those they do not know so well could help.

The strategy has been to not have many rules or guidelines a kind of loose feeling. A lot of people are actually deep down kind of shy, and unless they are pushed to commingle, they will play it safe with those they know. Drinking often helps loosen people up a bit, but riding and drinking can be a bit tough to promote.

We all can ride with our buddies anywhere, we don't need to go all the way to another state to do that.

The concept of this event is sound, the implementation needs polishing, and those doing the work to put it on, may need more help, I will volunteer in whatever capacity needed. This is not designed to be preachy, just don't want the event to fall apart is all, if people are getting a feeling of " why bother " .

Who knows, I maybe way off track and I usually am lost, so carry on.

• Like 7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H-qQXpAv5s

Sexual harassment will be tolerated on this forum...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiuZIno6KPA

• Like 1

#ItsThePeopleNotthePlace

IMG_7515_zps6l2rl6zk.jpg

• Like 4

photo_zps5eedc3a2.jpg

• Like 1

To piggy back my statement further and state an observation,

I did not realize that so many little cliques were happening last year as I was moving last year right during the event and just could not make it.

I will be there this year and will be bringing this clique thing up, as I noticed a bit of it the first go round as well. It didn't really bother me per se it got me thinking though, we ride all the way out to meet a bunch of new folks and ride with them, yet, we end up riding with our normal riding people, with few strangers.

These events need to be designed more to get to know each other IMHO, or we can at least try promoting the concept more maybe.

We are all from the same kind of back ground when it comes to riding, and it really does get interesting when we commingle our ideas. Maybe a couple of events during the reunion, arranged in a fashion to make people mix with those they do not know so well could help.

The strategy has been to not have many rules or guidelines a kind of loose feeling. A lot of people are actually deep down kind of shy, and unless they are pushed to commingle, they will play it safe with those they know. Drinking often helps loosen people up a bit, but riding and drinking can be a bit tough to promote.

We all can ride with our buddies anywhere, we don't need to go all the way to another state to do that.

The concept of this event is sound, the implementation needs polishing, and those doing the work to put it on, may need more help, I will volunteer in whatever capacity needed. This is not designed to be preachy, just don't want the event to fall apart is all, if people are getting a feeling of " why bother " .

Who knows, I maybe way off track and I usually am lost, so carry on.

This is what we do at the Barn Ride. We purposely made it where we weren't all going in different directions and the entire event revolved about hanging out at the Barn. A forced interaction so to speak. It has worked well. I don't know what the set up is in Durango. It would be difficult to have that at a hotel unless there is a place to congregate for long periods of time. The extended face to face time is what makes it work. Also don't worry about getting large numbers of people to attend. Quality over quantity and people and friendship not machines or a bike ride. A lot of people like this atmosphere. Some don't even know they like it until they try it for a few days. I've seen people come to the Barn and at first are very withdrawn and "shy" (for lack of a better word). 3 days later, they are helping cook supper and are fully engaged. They wind up coming back every year. Others appear bored and ask where we riding...Where's the nearest hotel? etc. etc. Most of those don't come back.

• Like 5

You will be close by. Give me a holler. Would like to meet you.

• Like 1