Indian Motorcycle Community

Flat Track Racing - Wrecking Crew - Ftr750 - Harley-Davidson

Harley-Davidson Is Spending a Half-Million Dollars to Win the Racing Crown Back From Indian The motorcycle king hopes a big purse will ensure it doesn't get shut out again.
Rich Duprey
Dec 21, 2017 at 11:34AM

https://www.fool.com/investing/2017/12/21/harley-davidson-spending-half-million-dollars-to-w.aspx

Pumping more value into flat track is good for the sport.

Maybe Triumph and other marques should get into it too.

26fc72e24b61279ea10d8caff8fc8601.jpg

• Like 1

tn_gallery_3867_171_635.jpg--Smiling all the way to the bank

Me Ride Um Centennial [MRUC]

cheers

• Like 1

tn_gallery_3867_171_635.jpg--Smiling all the way to the bank

cheers

Willie's contributions to Harley-Davison were countless - he's 'earned' his place in history & every ride :grin: to the bank. :outdoor:

Willie's contributions to Harley-Davison were countless - he's 'earned' his place in history & every ride :grin: to the bank. :outdoor:

He has wood for Willie G... posts his picture every chance he gets...

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I believe when the AMA rules change Indian will have to be compliant and the field will level up some

Agree^^^. So better enjoy this while I can. :eyebrow:

gallery_3867_171_53734.jpg

cheers

I believe when the AMA rules change Indian will have to be compliant and the field will level up some

I believe Indian is compliant at this point in time, rumor is they will have to produce a street legal bike off the FTR platform, this is the AMA being owned by H-D in my opinion YMMV

IMG_7513_zpsqmiqu6ma.jpg Edited by Harleynot
  • Like 1

IMG_7508_zpsryv9mrtj.jpg

I dunno... kinda looks like hes rubbing one off...

• Like 1

I dunno... kinda looks like hes rubbing one off...

ew... icons.png

happy birthday tho...

Edited by Harleynot

http://www.americanflattrack.com/news/view/indian-ftr750-kenny-coolbeths-and-many-privateers-weapon-choice-2018

After sweeping the top three spots in the 2017 American Flat Trackchampionship, the Indian Scout FTR750 is quickly becoming the bike of choice for flat track privateers in 2018.

Welcome to the family Kenny Coolbeth Jr., Henry Wiles, Jeffrey Carver, Jake Johnson, Chad Cose & Jay Maloney.

That factory team he speaks of – comprised of Jared Mees, Brad Baker and Bryan Smith – accounted for 37 of the available 54 podium spots in 2017 (with six podium sweeps), and won 14 of the 18 races aboard FTR race bikes. Mees stormed to the AFT Twins championship with 10 wins, with Smith winning four others. It was nothing less than a dream season for Indian Motorcycle and its re-envisioned Wrecking Crew.

Five other privateers have confirmed they’ll be riding FTRs during 2018, including 2017 fifth-place finisher Jeffery Carver, Jr. (Roof Systems of Dallas, TX), Chad Cose (Indian Motorcycle of Oklahoma City), and Jay Maloney (Indian Motorcycle of Springfield, MA). Additionally, flat track TT master Henry Wiles and two-time Grand National Champion Jake Johnson (Estensen Racing) will ride Scouts intermittently this season. Another privateer may join their ranks in 2018, as well.

“We’re extremely excited to see so many talented riders turn to the Scout FTR750 this season,” said Gary Gray, Vice President – Racing, Service & Technology for Indian Motorcycle. “We’re committed to supporting not only our factory team, but the privateers, as we have an aggressive contingency program in place that will reward these riders with performance incentives.”

thumb_69215_1200x800_0_0_auto.jpg

Edited by Harleynot

Doc,s front yard1

Someone else has been to Doc's besides me. :nod::Oo::grin:

More, if interested>>http://www.beaufort-by-the-sea.com/gallery/index.php?album=Doc-Batsleer-35

Edited by Vintage Chief
  • Like 1