Indian Motorcycle Community

So far, we are safe and unharmed along with our house plus the toys.....IM Centennial Chief, 2016 Corvette, etc. For those who know SB, my house [ in family since 1963 ] is about 2 mile car ride from S B Botanic Garden. Fire uncertainty continues to dog us. So far, in Thomas Fire, wife & I have done voluntary evacuation twice, to Lowes hotel in santa monica. Each time returning to an intact yet dirtier piece of real estate.. Most of our belongings get left behind for past two fires. Centennial's fate is with a higher power. joey

Me Ride Um Centennial [MRUC]

cheers

Best wishes for safety of yourselves and your bikes.

• Like 1

Be safe. Pray this gets under control

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the well-wishes guys! Below r pics of hills behind our house which I took this morning. Looks clear and quite peaceful right now but, helicopters are at this minute buzzing around working on a small fire, flare up, which apparently began this morning. When I talk to them they always say, 'It's just our job' and I always say, "Thank you so much."

413717293.jpg

413717292.jpg

Me Ride Um Centennial [MRUC]

cheers

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Have many friends and wife in NorCal in/around Paradise and Chico. Already had many lose their homes to incl. the mother-in-law's place.

As they say, Paradise is now lost. Completely burned down.

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Chico --Paradise is 20 minutes ride Up the Hill . I can say that only Half of town is torched and they will rebuild---But Paradise was a big retirement community and many younger has moved in over the years due to Home prices about 20% cheaper than Chico where median price was about $325k--- Hundreds of Harley riders lost there Bikes due to leaving them behind trying to save their Lives along with their Fur Buddies--The local MLS only has about 25 homes for sale and people are bidding 30 or more grand over asking price to get in--I am a Real Estate Broker and I can say we are all going to starve due to lack of housing for 100 miles in any direction. There will be lots of Harley parts around Here scorched and torched--The Local Harley Dealer will likely sell a Hella Lot of Bikes--I know a few Indians Melted mostly antiques. and many Classic Cars the older generation owned---too Damn sad ---wanna buy a Lot ---they probably going to go Cheap in the end.

I've seen weird pix showing buildings devastated yet surrounding forests unscathed.

Chain reactions through natural gas supply mains perhaps?

Many propane tanks in Paradise, as it is a foothill community and they were blowing up left an right. Explosions woke many of the elderly up. The pine needles that were 6" to a foot deep from years of drought all over roofs and the ground ignited homes easily. 6 to 8" pieces of 2x4 embers flew through the sky from the winds roaring up the 2 canyons on either side of Paradise.Canyons were fully engulfed in flames like a chimney with no damper. Had a friend on the casualty list. Homes that had been cleared of forest debris fared much better especially if they had tin roofs, of which there are many. The north end of the fire touched South East Chico but Planes were able to drop retardant. We lost only 1 house Here. Thousand of people fled to Chico and the whole town was flooded with evacuees with nowhere to go. It was the most insane thing I have ever seen including NAM. Home prices jumped 25% over night. The Bidding wars Began --There is only a few homes left in the $400 to $800 or 1 Million price range. $$$ from San Faggot transferies who sold 2 bd 2 ba 1200 sq ft homes for 1 or more Million and retired to Paradise, had the bucks to pay cash and avoid the evacuation centers. They're standing in line to pay way over Market and there is no inventory. Now would be the time to sell out and get The F out of this LIBERAL ASS State There is no Hope to save Calif from Liberal BULLSHIT unless we can split it in two. However it Likely will never happen cause we have the water and natural resources Southern Cali wants and we're out voted.

Sounds like this recent Paradise fire (Chico area) was more devastating than most recent fires around my area. Course, our last mudslide was another issue. I'm Calif. DRE too and heavily (privately) invested in R.E. and R.E. development up and down the californication coast line. But, have not bothered to use my DRE since 1993. Home prices around here tended to stabilize and returned to previous levels rather quickly after most recent fires. Local BrandX dealership went out of business around 2011 most riders go to santa maria or ventura for service. Just seeing another Indian mc locally is a rare event for me.

me ride um centennial [MRUC]

cheers