Indian Motorcycle Community

Just A Check Your Six...

Just been informed,

" threat level increased today and the national level has just been increased to critical, expect more attacks imminently."

For what its worth, keep your six clear, be vigilant if your attending concerts, sporting events, movies , mall shopping etc.

Be safe you bastards :pirate1:

• Like 3

BTW, this is for the UK at present, but watch your assess anyway,

• Like 1

and be sure to have more than one back up magazine of your favorite loads on your person at all times....shoot for the head as they are likely wearing armor or will be wearing a suicide vest and the only quick way to stop them is with a head shot if you are accurate enough to take it...otherwise take high percentage and warn others. Also remember...no such thing as a fair fight...if a jihadist or otherwise a terrorist has his back to you...take the shot immediately. Do Not Announce your presence or give warning....kill the fucker to save lives. Shoot straight...stay vigilant...kill the bastards!

Edited by Brock
  • Like 5

I'm a huge fan of the .45 auto.

I had trouble carrying my Sig P220 since it is so big and heavy. I won't carry my Colt 1911 Series 80 because I like it too much to chance messing it up or losing it.

I just picked up a S&W Shield in .45 auto with 3" barrel. It shoots great and is affordable @$450. Plus S&W is offering a $75 rebate through June 30.

I carry my P220 in winter when I am wearing light or heavier jackets, sweaters, fleece, etc. Rest of year is usually a P239 with either the 40SW barrel/mag setup or the 357SIG barrel/mag setup. I prefer .45 then .40 or .357SIG but when all else fails will take a 9mm or 380 especially with todays ammunition quality for self defense. So the P226 stays around the house in a secure location and might add a P238 for ankle carry as well.

A nice SIG or Kimber 1911 may be next unless my buddy sells back the Springfield 1911A1 I sold him in the 90s he still has never fired...hahahaha

Question . . . and not trying to be a smart ass, I just really don't know the answer . . . if the shooter is wearing body armor, is the most effective shot a head shot, or a shot to his/her lower extremities - crotch, legs? Or depending on your weapon and round, will a body shot take them off their feet?

Even with body armor a large cal bullet would most likely take them off their feet , i.e. .45, but then again there are variables, I was trained to always shoot two to the mass and one to the head regardless of the situation. A shot to the hip will take somebody down, but then again they can always continue shooting or detonate any ordnance they have on hand.

Heads shots are difficult especially on a moving target even if your trained, but they are also most effective at neutralizing a target

I carry my P220 in winter when I am wearing light or heavier jackets, sweaters, fleece, etc. Rest of year is usually a P239 with either the 40SW barrel/mag setup or the 357SIG barrel/mag setup. I prefer .45 then .40 or .357SIG but when all else fails will take a 9mm or 380 especially with todays ammunition quality for self defense. So the P226 stays around the house in a secure location and might add a P238 for ankle carry as well.

A nice SIG or Kimber 1911 may be next unless my buddy sells back the Springfield 1911A1 I sold him in the 90s he still has never fired...hahahaha

I've been looking for a Kimber Ultra Carry around here. No deals to be had.

Old 1911's, especially the old military issues, had sloppy tolerances for reliability-sake. Just shake an old 1911 and listen to the clacking of the slide. They weren't that accurate by today's standards, but they were very reliable.

My Sig P220 will not go into battery with my 230 grain lead reloads. I'm very particular with the belling and crimping setup. It feeds my ball ammo reloads with no problem. Some would consider that a failure. I have to admit it does affect my confidence in the gun even though I've never had a failure with any other ammo.

I guess a wheel gun is the most reliable...

There's a reason why Spec Ops are issued Glock 19's

• Like 1

My weapon of choice. ^ Shoot them in the fucking legs several times if they are wearing Kevlar, when their laying there pissing and screaming pop a cap in their empty head. A Glock armorer told me you can stick any Glock in a bucket of salt for a year, pull it out-chamber a round and fire.

Edited by Micmac
  • Like 1

A pelvic placement limits travel nicely. :nod:

"Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!"

Armor Express, makers of soft body armor, is having some sort of combat shoot in northern Michigan this coming week. We'll be up to our eyeballs in police and guns. If ya got a hankerin to rob something. Central Lake, Mi. is not the place to be.

• Like 1

Question . . . and not trying to be a smart ass, I just really don't know the answer . . . if the shooter is wearing body armor, is the most effective shot a head shot, or a shot to his/her lower extremities - crotch, legs? Or depending on your weapon and round, will a body shot take them off their feet?

if you are not worried about a suicide vest then even with body armor it is going to hurt like a mother fucker. That though wont stop someone from releasing dead man switch or activating a cellular trigger so there are no 100% guarantees. Percentage wise the old center of mass shot is best for most people but if you train with the Mozambique Drill it wont be far fetched. If you drop slightly as to one knee or behind cover and take the shot to center of head it will travel up and out back of head and immobilize the threat immediately...like a box of rocks. High shot still takes out front of brain, low shot takes out thorax.

people are generally bigger and stronger, could be high on pcp or bath salts where pain is not an issue, have body armor and worse yet be strapped with nail vest or similar. While pelvic shots are effect, eventually, pelvic bone is not connected to hands or brain so they can continue the fight until they bleed out which can be a long time with bullets flying your way. It will immobilize them but the goal is not to immobilize the threat but to STOP THE THREAT. Two different things....when your threat is shooting back or blowing shit up and not chasing you. So shoot them in the eyes or between the eyes....next best is the area between eyebrows and moustache between cheekbones. The goal is to have a bullet impact the medulla oblongata causing flaccid paralysis. The extended area could possibly include the eyebrows to the base of throat....so an 8x4 inch area to pump full of hollow points or your choice of projectile in large enough caliber to inflict serious tissue damage.

Love him or hate him there is a guy named Gabe Suarez who is former LA Cop...that does a lot of threat training with people with the primary intent of employing a reliable and accurate weapon to engage a bad guy to stop him immediately without any continued threat...with practice, technique, weapon choices and drills. Worth a read if nothing else and may encourage you to change your shot training or start up anew if you are not a frequent visitor of the range. http://blog.suarezinternational.com/2017/05/the-face-is-the-new-target.html

I train mostly the 2-1 routine but also spend a bit of time concentrating on face shots up close and instinctively aimed...and further from one knee as if behind cover.

• Like 1

Old 1911's, especially the old military issues, had sloppy tolerances for reliability-sake. Just shake an old 1911 and listen to the clacking of the slide. They weren't that accurate by today's standards, but they were very reliable.

My Sig P220 will not go into battery with my 230 grain lead reloads. I'm very particular with the belling and crimping setup. It feeds my ball ammo reloads with no problem. Some would consider that a failure. I have to admit it does affect my confidence in the gun even though I've never had a failure with any other ammo.

I guess a wheel gun is the most reliable...

I stopped using all reloads to be honest. There was a savings in cost and increase in accuracy for most people back in the day but in todays age unless you are loading thousands of rounds at a time....better to buy surplus bulk loads for rough practice and buy high quality rounds specifically for self defense when your life depends on it.

So your seating depth is within spec for the .45? ....I have shot 230gr ball ammo out of my SIG P220 without a failure for past 15 years but typically use 185gr for my self defense loads and routinely a +P rating. The only SIG I have ever had an issue is my P239 would sometimes hang up and not feed Gold Dots properly in .40cal. No idea why but something about that last batch of Gold Dots purchased would not work. What did I do....found a box in safe that would work without fail...so now that one is loaded with Hornady loads. I think it has to do with the angle of the hollow point truncated cone shape catching....bet a polishing of the feed ramp would fix it but if did not happen with anything else would just move on to more accepted rounds.

Sir......you don't have to bother checking my luggage. This just contains my .750 gold violin.

IMG_0589.jpg?1495682448602&1495682454564

nopity.gif

cheers

Edited by MRUC
  • Like 1

Regarding carrying weapons -

Keep it concealed until you use it. Don't be stupid, if you flash your weapon thinking that you will intimidate others it's very likely that you'll be shot with your own gun.

Have a back up plan. Every weapon has a preferred distance where it can be optimally used. If your assailant is too close to draw and fire, you'd be well served to have some skill in hand to hand combat.

• Like 1

BTW. Increase in "chatter" about more attacks over Ramadan , beginning with the moon either 5/26 or 27.

"Soldiers of allah , the more blood you spill over there means the less we shed here"

BE Safe

Also , the objective is "soft targets ". Concerts, malls, sporting events, theaters , restaurants etc