Indian Motorcycle Community

Motorcycle Tour Through Italy

My wife and I were going to do the motorcycle tour through the lake region in Italy,for our 30th anniversary,

Has anyone done this and how was it?

• Like 1

Sounds like Hella fun -- I wanna tour Americas back-roads to the East side from Cali this summer for our 30th if our asses last past Sturgis.

• Like 2

I have been in the region a few times, beautiful country, nice people and awesome food and wine.

I have not been on a scooter , be advised that the Italians drive like the devil himself is chasing them, absolute madmen

Have fun be safe

• Like 2

I was in Rome back in 2000 or so - I had a spare weekend, so I thought I'd rent a HD from the Rome dealer and take a ride around..

I didn't do it, because I saw the way they drive in that city - just going out on the street is a death defying experience.

• Like 1

I think I'm a pretty fair driver , owned a number Porsches over the years, have some track time , evasive driving instruction, driven in countries around the globe etc.

One evening I drive (BMW 5 series) over the pass from Managgio Italy to Lugano Switzerland ( narrow two lane switchback ) I had 4 cars on my ass most of the time and that with pulling over her I could to let cars pass

I drive into Lagano totally exhausted and with brake dust stealing the sides of the car, ( it was only about 30 km ) i thought I was driving spectacular, the Italians were , but they were dangerous .

It to toss cold water on your trip, I'd recommend renting and cool alpha or ragtop.

Well she booked the trip.June 15 to the 25th,Its a guided tour so maybe just maybe ????

Edited by meinekemike1

I want to ride the Alps & Pyrenees's if it can be worked into my busy schedule... Maybe go visit relatives in Germany

I've been there, their telling you the truth about drivers. I suggest hitting 401 QEW in Toronto, about 4 pm on any weekday, or the LIE, 95 in DC, for training. Congratulations on the 30 years, that is quite an accomplishment.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Wow the trip of a lifetime :outdoor:

Outstanding! Post some pictures. I took the family a couple years ago and had an absolutely fabulous time - can only imagine how cool it would be seeing Italy on a motorcycle.

Congrats

NC-Chief