Indian Motorcycle Community

They are Costco Indians. The Costco Warehouse in Hawthorne is selling Indian Motorcycles.

No joke. Received the info from one of the other editors on my show. Will be getting photographic proof as soon as possible.

• Like 3

The Costco in Oviedo, Florida had one in their store a couple years ago. Didn't bother me a bit. I like the exposure for the brand. :nod:

• Like 4

The Costco in Oviedo, Florida had one in their store a couple years ago. Didn't bother me a bit. I like the exposure for the brand. :nod:

It's not one. You can order them through Costco as you would a car. They've added them to the line up.

• Like 1

THe Costcos were selling Victories

Guess it was only a matter of time

Dealers gunna love this 'ey?

• Like 1

Hey Robert, what show or projects are you working on now?

They are Costco Indians. The Costco Warehouse in Hawthorne is selling Indian Motorcycles.

No joke. Received the info from one of the other editors on my show. Will be getting photographic proof as soon as possible.

They don't "sell" them. It's like buying a car through Costco. They send(sell?) your contact information to a local dealer who's promised to give an "exclusive price" to you. That's the extent of their involvement. No, you can not return the bike to Costco if you don't like it.

• Like 1

So it's like setting the bikes, or cars or whatever, out in the Mall's common areas.

Had a fella ask me once if I bought my Slingshot at the mall cuz he saw some in there.

• Like 2

I thought we covered this last year...

• Like 1

We covered the idea. Now, of course the "idea" has came true. I just don't see how they can look at this and say "hey...what a great idea....we can sell our product thru Costco...like sunglasses, or deli meat". I don't see how it helps the brand AT ALL. Next comes Amazon. Maybe the used car lot down the street is the next big marketing idea.

• Like 2

Hey Robert, what show or projects are you working on now?

Still working on The Voice.

• Like 2

Still working on The Voice.

Didn't know that... pretty cool Robert... they have some real talent come through that show...

We covered the idea. Now, of course the "idea" has came true. I just don't see how they can look at this and say "hey...what a great idea....we can sell our product thru Costco...like sunglasses, or deli meat". I don't see how it helps the brand AT ALL. Next comes Amazon. Maybe the used car lot down the street is the next big marketing idea.

Isn't it just another means to get you to a dealer. Isn't that where you buy the bike... isn't that where you'd get service.. isn't that where you'd buy accessories and parts... kind of like being able to work a deal on line. Or order parts.. I don't see a huge difference...

• Like 1

I heard Whole Foods will be on board soon too. Just hope they don't keep um next to the lemons. :rauch08:

Costco only works with a dealer that meets their criteria in the auto market, out of 8 dealers 1 will make it so it helps some when trying to find the one you are able to believe anything they say. Now with Indian they might be hard pressed to find some they can trust enough, I know in Seattle out of the two here one is good to work with and the other is nothing short of a nightmare.

Sounds all too familiar. IMHO. Quality of dealer/service remains IM's most challenging issue.

Me Ride Um Centennial [MRUC]

cheers

Sounds all too familiar. IMHO. Quality of dealer/service remains IM's most challenging issue.

Me Ride Um Centennial [MRUC]

Costco isn't a dealer... just a conduit to a dealer..

cheers

Run a TV ad to "conduit" potential buyers to a dealer.

I just ended my relationship with Costco and signed up with another warehouse type outfit, no I'm not gonna say the name because you smart asses sexualize everything.

I just ended my relationship with Costco and signed up with another warehouse type outfit, no I'm not gonna say the name because you smart asses sexualize everything.

Not everything

d0b314ae417fa0e8e4514432a4670a88.jpg

• Like 3

If you COULD buy motorcycles at Costco, like any other item, I'd be all over that shit. They let you return anything, at any time, for any reason. No questions asked. I'd buy a bike, ride the crap out of it for a week or two, return it and get a different one, ride the crap out of it for a week, repeat.

• Like 1

If you COULD buy motorcycles at Costco, like any other item, I'd be all over that shit. They let you return anything, at any time, for any reason. No questions asked. I'd buy a bike, ride the crap out of it for a week or two, return it and get a different one, ride the crap out of it for a week, repeat.

Funny .. sort of reminds me of a conversation I had with a 'sales associate' at Tractor Supply . If i bought the high dollar mower, and got their extended warranty, if i had 'any' problems, I could return it for a new one .. or $ back. Not a repair.. a new one. Now, I didn't go for it, or read the fine print... but.. I'm just guessing... they discontinued that option / warranty?

Funny .. sort of reminds me of a conversation I had with a 'sales associate' at Tractor Supply . If i bought the high dollar mower, and got their extended warranty, if i had 'any' problems, I could return it for a new one .. or $ back. Not a repair.. a new one. Now, I didn't go for it, or read the fine print... but.. I'm just guessing... they discontinued that option / warranty?

Comp USA had the same sort of deal with their 5 year warranty you could buy. I would buy a computer, a year and a half later that model would no longer be available, and the only thing comparable would be twice as fast and twice as good, so they'd give me one of those instead. A year and a half later, repeat. They aren't in business anymore.

• Like 1