Indian Motorcycle Community

Damascus Knives

A few weeks ago there was a thread about custom knives and the TV show "Forged in Fire"

My friend Shayne was on the show and won with his butterfly blades , he took second in the All Star show. Real good guy and Really good at what he does

He was working on Sages ( my horse) shoes today and does have some custom knives for sale if anyone has an interest

http://www.pictaram.com/user/shaynecarterknives/3723741747

• Like 4

I have a lot of respect for people that can create things of beauty from raw material like that. I hope he's as proud of his work as he should be.

A few weeks ago there was a thread about custom knives and the TV show "Forged in Fire"

My friend Shayne was on the show and won with his butterfly blades , he took second in the All Star show. Real good guy and Really good at what he does

He was working on Sages ( my horse) shoes today and does have some custom knives for sale if anyone has an interest

Very cool show and your buddy did a great job representing his work. I don't watch much TV as it doesn't hold the illusion it does for someone who doesn't work in the industry but this is one of the shows I record every week it is on.

Where are the blades he has for sale? I didn't see them on that site or did I miss them?

Where are the blades he has for sale? I didn't see them on that site or did I miss them?

Hey brother

I told him I would put the instagram link up here in case there was interest , he has a number finished, just reach out to him and let him know you're IIRA , he will send you images and pricing

I don't have a dog in this fight but will attest that Shayne is a solid person and does outstanding work, I hold him in high regard

• Like 2

Hey brother

I told him I would put the instagram link up here in case there was interest , he has a number finished, just reach out to him and let him know you're IIRA , he will send you images and pricing

I don't have a dog in this fight but will attest that Shayne is a solid person and does outstanding work, I hold him in high regard

Sweet. Thanks!

Sweet. Thanks!

You can also say you're PJ's friend :)

Will that help or hinder??? :grin:

Probably end up with a real nice blade on your eye :P

Peanut Butter & Jelly?

Would be in the market for one. But, just purchased a brand new BUCK Frontiersman. Anyway, It's a great TV show which I often watch.

Me Ride Um Centennial {MRUC]

cheers

0124BKSLE-2.jpg

Edited by MRUC

I saw him on the show. He was humble, classy and knew his shit.

Got one of these on the way as we speak.

BDK-BO1550.jpg

I saw him on the show. He was humble, classy and knew his shit.

Got one of these on the way as we speak.

BDK-BO1550.jpg

Looks like it was patterned after the daggers the Nazis carried in WWII

You're right.

Solingen has been around since 1829. The Nazis procured these blades and added their markings.

I was kinda suprised they still made this style given it's history.

• Like 1

Like this

Nazi-SA-dagger.jpg

commando-and-knife_orig.jpg

Fairbairn Sykes knife. Allies WW 2.

Cold Steel makes that one. They're fetching a pretty penny for the reproductions.

• Like 1

Just saw the Fairbairn Sykes for sale on Amazon at $180 [see pix below]. Would love to have the Boker and Fairbairn too. But, just got the Buck shown above.

71X%2BaVkKBjL._SL1500_.jpg

Link https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BFLFHX2/ref=ox_sc_mini_detail?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1TXC7TG5NA5TY

Me Ride Um Centennial [MRUC]

cheers

I watch that show all the time. Great show! My neighbor is Greg Lightfoot, check his knives out at www.lightfootknives.com. He has been featured in many magazines for his knives, does great work as well. I own a couple of his knives.

I see where he calls his knives extreme jewelry. I told my wife the other night that knives are guy-jewelry.

• Like 2

You're right.

Solingen has been around since 1829. The Nazis procured these blades and added their markings.

I was kinda suprised they still made this style given it's history.

Completely agree. That design evokes some very specific thoughts. Great handling knife. My grandfather left me a few of the originals for my collection.

• Like 1

I have two of those.

Nice! Think those Buck 110 Indians were offered by the Ramp Indian dealer. Separately, I just ordered one of Amazon Fairbairn Sykes shown above.

I found them at a local knife store in Los Angeles. They were discounted to $20 each.

• Like 1