Indian Motorcycle Community

Excelsior Henderson Coming Back?

It was brought up to me today through my dealer "updates" that there is a distinct possibility that Excelsior Henderson may be making a comeback.

It said that the intellectual property is still available and mfg. tools and machines are still readily available, and in storeage. The owners are in talks with several money people about bringing the brand back but with updates for the problems as well as updating to keep in line with other OEM's.

It was also mentioned that if the right group came along, Polaris would sell Indian just like Stellican did, as Polaris is not 100% dedicated to the Indian brand like HD is to theirs or BMW.

It was an interesting read, and I look to see if anything moves forward.

agree. IMO, soon as present mothership hits a good bump in the economy Indian mc gonna be on chopping block again. Far as BrandX [Hd] goes, my guess....... BrandX family [willie g. etc.] have majority stock and major control of the company, apparel, geegaws, and motorcycles in a real big way.

Back in 2001 I saw one of newer (as of 1999) EH (SuperX) bikes entering a los angeles freeway. Tried to get the chief up close to the EH but, he was way too fast and too loud. lol.

http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/riding-impression-1999-excelsior-henderson-super-x-motorcycle

58c3c320d5e6d162960c8306.jpg?width=1024&

agree. IMO, soon as present mothership hits a good bump in the economy Indian mc gonna be on chopping block again. Far as BrandX [Hd] goes, my guess....... BrandX family [willie g. etc.] have majority stock and major control of the company, apparel, geegaws, and motorcycles in a real big way.

Back in 2001 I saw one of newer (as of 1999) EH (SuperX) bikes entering a los angeles freeway. Tried to get the chief up close to the EH but, he was way too fast and too loud. lol.

http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/riding-impression-1999-excelsior-henderson-super-x-motorcycle

58c3c320d5e6d162960c8306.jpg?width=1024&

Maybe your trailer brakes were sticking...

Too fast?

I dun thinks so Quickdraw....

• Like 1

History repeating?

That E/H mill is a ringer for the original Vic.

Maybe the Hanlon Bros are still glib enough to talk some forgetful folks into it 15 years later?

The Ness boyz are in need of a new vehicle to cu$$tomize. :rauch08:

https://www.minneapolisfed.org/publications/fedgazette/excelsiorhenderson-motorcycle-dream-fades-in-bankruptcy

Edited by CHIEF DOC 99