Indian Motorcycle Community

Harley Vs Indian

Nope.

Mouse and I attended last night. Ran into Gilbert and Robin as well. Very short on motorcycles. I was expecting a lot more. There are some interesting pieces but I was done looking through all in about 30 minutes.

They do include one Gilroy but...incorrect information identifying it. It's a standard 2001 Chief with a wet primary. They have it listed on the card as a Centennial Edition Chief celebrating the 100th Anniversary of Indian. I pointed out all the problems with the bike with one of the curators who simply told me that's what the owner said it was. I told him that it had the incorrect paint job, the wrong saddle bags, and aftermarket passenger backrest, aftermarket crash bars, no neck plate, and the VIN numbers showed it to be a standard Chief. He looked at me blankly. At that point, I told Mouse that I was ready to leave and we did.

The drinks at the bar were free and the food was good. Don't expect Art of the Motorcycle style exhibit. This is one hall of the museum and that's it. If you go, don't go just for this.

• Like 2

Nope.

Mouse and I attended last night. Ran into Gilbert and Robin as well. Very short on motorcycles. I was expecting a lot more. There are some interesting pieces but I was done looking through all in about 30 minutes.

They do include one Gilroy but...incorrect information identifying it. It's a standard 2001 Chief with a wet primary. They have it listed on the card as a Centennial Edition Chief celebrating the 100th Anniversary of Indian. I pointed out all the problems with the bike with one of the curators who simply told me that's what the owner said it was. I told him that it had the incorrect paint job, the wrong saddle bags, and aftermarket passenger backrest, aftermarket crash bars, no neck plate, and the VIN numbers showed it to be a standard Chief. He looked at me blankly. At that point, I told Mouse that I was ready to leave and we did.

The drinks at the bar were free and the food was good. Don't expect Art of the Motorcycle style exhibit. This is one hall of the museum and that's it. If you go, don't go just for this.

Never let the facts stand in the way of an exhibit . . . or so I've heard.

• Like 3