Indian Motorcycle Community

Indian Electric Motorcycle

You know how to make $100 million dollars in the motorcycle industry?

Start off with $200 million dollars.

• Like 1

It's about time... I want an electric CRUISING cycle with torque that can snap my neck. Make me hang on and not have to look at the Tach to make sure I don't blow the fossel fuel burning engine... Of course it will have to have a good sub woofer so the blue hairs know I'm beside them, and forward lights that will stop a train in its tracks, rotating colors, or virtual lights that make me look like a Peterbuilt to catch the cage driver's eyes... I hope they employ a good Engineer that can design a sharp looking cycle that shows off a classic Indian style with an electric power train and a fiber optic communications/control system. Screw the old copper wiring and silicon crap... Maybe an actual Indain name like "TAIMA". Be unique. While I'm on this rant ,maybe get rid of the petroleum tire and go mag lev... Heck, give me a frame that auto adjusts to my frame and weight. Jump a decade ahead. Whew, this is fun. Maybe a recirculating hydrogen charging system that means I do not have to stop at a charging station. Or solar paint that rechargers the cycle when it's park and I'm at work, on a cruise, or at ACE buying replacement bolts cause I live on the beach... While they're at it, provide me CAD files so I can print the wearable parts. A front end that I do not have to have a windshield, it forces the wind, rain and bugs over my head. Let my glasses be a virtual dash so I keep my eyes forward, not looking down and squinting to see the display... Air bags or a mag force shield that protects me if I ever go down so I can shed the leather in 90+F.

Polaris Indian, are you a bunch of grey beards like me? Or can you bring us ahead of the curve? Of course you can compete with the status quo or break the envelope and bring us to a new star system....

Rank over...

• Like 1

OK

It's about time... I want an electric CRUISING cycle with torque that can snap my neck. Make me hang on and not have to look at the Tach to make sure I don't blow the fossel fuel burning engine... Of course it will have to have a good sub woofer so the blue hairs know I'm beside them, and forward lights that will stop a train in its tracks, rotating colors, or virtual lights that make me look like a Peterbuilt to catch the cage driver's eyes... I hope they employ a good Engineer that can design a sharp looking cycle that shows off a classic Indian style with an electric power train and a fiber optic communications/control system. Screw the old copper wiring and silicon crap... Maybe an actual Indain name like "TAIMA". Be unique. While I'm on this rant ,maybe get rid of the petroleum tire and go mag lev... Heck, give me a frame that auto adjusts to my frame and weight. Jump a decade ahead. Whew, this is fun. Maybe a recirculating hydrogen charging system that means I do not have to stop at a charging station. Or solar paint that rechargers the cycle when it's park and I'm at work, on a cruise, or at ACE buying replacement bolts cause I live on the beach... While they're at it, provide me CAD files so I can print the wearable parts. A front end that I do not have to have a windshield, it forces the wind, rain and bugs over my head. Let my glasses be a virtual dash so I keep my eyes forward, not looking down and squinting to see the display... Air bags or a mag force shield that protects me if I ever go down so I can shed the leather in 90+F.

Polaris Indian, are you a bunch of grey beards like me? Or can you bring us ahead of the curve? Of course you can compete with the status quo or break the envelope and bring us to a new star system....

Rank over...

I will count backwards from 10. When I reach 1 you will awaken. You will have no memory of this visit into your twisted fantasy world. You will once again realize that Polaris is a soulless corporation, incapable of abstract thought or beautiful design. You will realize that any bike they produce will be exactly the bike they wanted to produce for Victory but weren't able to find suckers to buy them. You will realize the American biker wants SOUND with their motorcycle. America is not ready for a mute Scout with an electric motor yet. You will realize you would garner zero respect at the RTTB rolling up on an oversized kids scooter. You will realize we will put clothes pins to flap on your spokes to give it sound. When I snap my fingers you will be Brad again.
  • Like 1

If it is indeed true, I was interested to read the part regarding Brand x dropping about 3% while Indian added 30% over same period. Electric vehicle shmeehicle. Arguably, soon as present mothership hits or perceives pothole in business road they be looking for a new buyer to take over The Grand Old Marque. However, in mean time, IM has opportunity to continue its gain against competition. Whether Indian ever regains status as self sustaining company remains to be seen. IMO. ymmv.

tn_gallery_3867_171_21897.jpg

Me Ride Um Centennial [MRUC]

cheers

Rank over...

This coming from the guy that live mostly in a virtual world anyway. :outdoor::rotfl:

• Like 1

If it is indeed true, I was interested to read the part regarding Brand x dropping about 3% while Indian added 30% over same period. Electric vehicle shmeehicle. Arguably, soon as present mothership hits or perceives pothole in business road they be looking for a new buyer to take over The Grand Old Marque. However, in mean time, IM has opportunity to continue its gain against competition. Whether Indian ever regains status as self sustaining company remains to be seen. IMO. ymmv.

tn_gallery_3867_171_21897.jpg

cheers

they are in launch mode. They should have big gains.

they are in launch mode. They should have big gains.

Likewise, BRAND X was in new product introduction mode however HD lost 2.7%.....IMC gained 30%.

“Over the next two to five years, Indian is focused on expanding our range with bikes that have our familiar styling and bikes with new styling, power trains and technology. We’re very excited about our future growth opportunities and look forward to extending our brand into new segments and geographies.”

“Electric technology is being developed within Polaris for multiple vehicles and categories”, said Motorcyle President Menneto in confirmation, he then continued to state that, “Indian will have an electric bike in the future, and that it will be a new bike for Indian, not a rebranded Victory Empulse TT.”

http://www.motofire.com/2017/03/news/quashed-indian-will-not-have-an-electric-motorcycle-on-the-road-by-2022/

I continue to be cautiously optimistic about The Grand Old Marque's future. After sixteen years with my Indian cent chief, purchase of another Indian motorcycle is something I can wait to do. Prefer to wait, few more years, see what the mothership has in store for Indian. All due respect, statements such as those above just make me want to be more cautious. But, thanks for the information.

cheers

IMO PII is currently working to develop and become a serious global leader in electric - not just motorcycles, but every product they sell, including ORVs, ATVs & snowmobiles. They don't need a brand spanking new 600,000 square foot assembly plant located on 505 acres in Alamba to assemble a couple Slingshots yearly. They've hired 2,000+ hourly & salaried workers, own the land & the buildings, have purchased additional electric companies and software companies, and are becoming poised to launch some major changes in electric vehicle innovation moving forward. Indian Motorcycle won't survive alone on the laurels of yesteryear. Times change, economies change & demand for innovation increases. I'm thinking they'll continue to sell petroleum gasoline V-Twins as the Indian Motorcycle hallmark; yet, they'll never survive the future based singularly upon gasoline V-Twins. I like this company for many reasons outside of Indian Motorcycle alone, and I believe electric Indian motorcycles are a darn smart opportunity for growth moving forward.

I do hope so. A little tough for me to keep the faith with three different Indian Corporate owners since 1999. Anyway, would be nice to have a reliable, friendly, "stand alone" dealer/service operation in los angeles area. Similar to the quality of IM dealers located in North Carolina and the Gregory dealer in Midwest. Recent reports regarding one of my, more popular, present local dealers did not sound encouraging imo. All that being said, new future technology is very important too so glad to hear about it.

Was recently a little annoyed to learn Brand X [Hd] has an offering with advertised MSRP starting at $6,849. Lowest I could find on Indian's site at $8,999. Brand X continues to be a step ahead...... not only in Electric Vehicle Announcements. Should be used to that and get over it but, I won't.

cheers

I like Indian Motorcycles, always have & always will.

Polaris not so much

They don't hire many folks, just rent 'em out for temporary duties.

Dealers have to put up with an awful lot of guff from 'Mother'.

PII is reluctant to correct problems and quick to ignore defects.

I do hope so. A little tough for me to keep the faith with three different Indian Corporate owners since 1999. Anyway, would be nice to have a reliable, friendly, "stand alone" dealer/service operation in los angeles area. Similar to the quality of IM dealers located in North Carolina and the Gregory dealer in Midwest. Recent reports regarding one of my, more popular, present local dealers did not sound encouraging imo. All that being said, new future technology is very important too so glad to hear about it.

Was recently a little annoyed to learn Brand X [Hd] has an offering with advertised MSRP starting at $6,849. Lowest I could find on Indian's site at $8,999. Brand X continues to be a step ahead...... not only in Electric Vehicle Announcements. Should be used to that and get over it but, I won't.

cheers

Sometimes you get what pay for....