Indian Motorcycle Community

Fall is here

Well, summer is about played out up here on the mountain. The duster, the bedroll amd the campin gear is off the bike, the leather is strapped to the rear crashbar and one bag is stuffed with gauntlets, and sweatshirts and the cool riding gear.

The next month or two gonna be the best riding of the year in the northeast. There's nothin gets my blood up like wailing through the Whites or the Greens throwin up a blizzard of leaves as I smoke through the switchbacks, whitetails up on some slope runnin from the thunder when I lay on the throttle. Always throatier at 50, 60 degrees. The machine just eats up that fall air. Smell of cut hay by the farms and that pungent, leafy musk out in the woods. Cold valleys that break like that to teeshirt warm hillsides.

It's good to be the king!

Okay, enough waxing poetic. Time to ride.

Pop . . . I hear ya!

We're on an island in Puget Sound nestled between the Olympic Mountains to the west and the Cascades to the east.  There's that hint of fall in the air, and I notice more leaves in the yard every day.  Should be able to see the snow level descend soon.  It's our favorite time of the year to ride too, but it looks like Valerie will be riding solo.  Wish I could be out there too . . . "The Iron Beast" is awaiting authorization for pinion shaft repairs.  Enjoy the fall!  I'm jealous!

yeah you said it, and said it well   Pop

i don't look forward to winter but ya can't bet the fall riding

in New England  someday we'll have to hook up and do the Kangamangus (spelling)

Buffalo

yeah, seems like I just got all of last years leaves mowed n mulched... now we got acorns hitting the tin awning outside the bedroom window.  And they will be, for about the next four months.

Almost cool enough to start wearing the leathers on the ride to work, almost cool enough to start packing the gauntlets along with the leathers for the ride home.

:laughlong:

Just a couple months of nirvana till the facemask gets dug out of the drawer, and gonna make some leather hand shields too.  With fringe, of course.   Seems like after the temp drops below 20, no glove made will keep the ol hands warm.

Pop, you should be a writer for bike articles!

Beautiful prose!

:D

DITTO

Hey pops

When it comes to fall, the only fall that 02spirit knows is when cali falls off the continental divide. Besides what's he know about riding... Damn flat lander.

They step out their door and go 100 miles in a straight line. I complain because I have to ride 15 minutes to get on good roads. He's gotta go 3 hours before he can find a good road. Maybe I will see you up at Laconia next summer. I stay in Chichester outside of concord.

Happy Riding

Flatlanders?  You might want to take a better look at the topography out here in California.  With all the earthquakes and such out here, you're lucky to find flat lands unless you are out in the desert.  Hell, I have guys that won't ride to my house because they fear Maldev's Hill o' Death which has claimed three bikes so far....

:devil:

What the hell is a stoplight?  I haven't seen any of those running through the Santa Monica Mountains...

Archived