Indian Motorcycle Community

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If Victory uses ignition keys maybe they can swap those over to Indian.         Al

when" our" factory closed we banded together and got stronger in my opinion! Started reading on the vic site and everyones crying, WTF its a motorcycle not a Swiss watch!

People at Polaris are busy today trying to figure out how many of each part they need to stock to meet applicable laws. They are trying to figure how they can rid themselves of the Victory dealers as

Interesting. Wonder when we'll see a restyled Vic 106 engine in an Indian?

It will be interesting to see what the changes to Indian's line-up will be w/ all of the R&D dollars and engineering for motorcycles being channeled to one brand.

• Like 2

I imagine there will be some new models with different styling - a big cruiser or a version of the Chief without the big fenders, because that would appeal to those that don't like the art deco styling.

Maybe we'll see a pure, high performance sport bike, or an adventure touring bike.

• Like 2

They can always sell Indian stickers to put over the other bike's logo. :rauch08:

Me Ride Um Centennial [MRUC]

cheers

• Like 2

The availability of parts will take me until I'm 76. I do enjoy the bigness and leg room of the Victory XC. But the people have spoken with their wallets and this issue will too pass.

• Like 1

Can't wait until this is rebadged as a Indian model!!!!!!

vision-gloss-black.jpg

Surprise they didn't try to sell the Vic brand to the Chinese or South Koreans

• Like 1

They can always sell Indian stickers to put over the other bike's logo. :rauch08:

cheers

Like the ones they put on the Kawasaki Drifters ?

• Like 2

Surprise they didn't try to sell the Vic brand to the Chinese or South Koreans

Or Harley Davidson.

vision-gloss-black.jpg

Some restyling would be necessary too... otherwise, there's a lot of good engineering in that bike.

cheers

They did that already with the Scout.

• Like 3

http://cyrilhuzeblog.com/2017/01/09/polaris-shuts-down-victory-motorcycles-effective-immediately/

Look for Indian Police MotorCycle Fleet model developments this year.

Indian factory NHRA drag racing is another effort to be transferred over.

The VOG website is going nutz!

http://www.thevog.net/threads/polaris-just-anounced-it-is-shutting-down-victory-what-the-f-k.89537/

• Like 1

when" our" factory closed we banded together and got stronger in my opinion! Started reading on the vic site and everyones crying, WTF its a motorcycle not a Swiss watch!

• Like 4

I figure this was planned out from the start. Victory never achieved the market share. Indian has gained more market share in the past 3 yrs than Victory ever did.

It doesn't make sense to have two premium cruiser lines combating for the same market. Is Polaris going to weather the storm when the going gets tough with Indian? It's easy for a diversified company like Polaris to dump a brand when it isn't performing. Harley doesn't have this luxury since it is a motorcycle manufacturer only.

On the bright side though, all the resources that was tied up with Victory can be given to Indian 100% so that might mean more choices in the lineup.

Is Polaris going to weather the storm when the going gets tough with Indian? It's easy for a diversified company like Polaris to dump a brand when it isn't performing. Harley doesn't have this luxury since it is a motorcycle manufacturer only.

On the bright side though, all the resources that was tied up with Victory can be given to Indian 100% so that might mean more choices in the lineup.

Weathering the storm is what everyone now will wonder about, did you see Polaris stock - dam near bottomed out - well went negative so worse than bottoming out! & your last sentence is what scares most people, its not the money part of it its the design team & the rest of the victory staff crossing over to Indian - back in the early days Vincent & Indian created the "Vindian" hell now it can be a vicdian? just a shame that the dealers & guys who just bough new recently didn't just suffer normal depreciation - they just basically lost their entire worth!

• Like 2

Weathering the storm is what everyone now will wonder about, did you see Polaris stock - dam near bottomed out - well went negative so worse than bottoming out! & your last sentence is what scares most people, its not the money part of it its the design team & the rest of the victory staff crossing over to Indian - back in the early days Vincent & Indian created the "Vindian" hell now it can be a vicdian? just a shame that the dealers & guys who just bough new recently didn't just suffer normal depreciation - they just basically lost their entire worth!

I've heard of the Vindian and seen prototypes on the net. Sadly that was the last stand. Indian was borrowing technology instead of creating it and a lot of that had to do with capital. It was a desperation move.

If Indian uses technology from Victory it is basically sharing. Kind of like how GM does with multiple lines. It would be stupid to waste unused R&D from Victory if it could help Indian stay ahead of the game.

As far as depreciation goes that sucks for the owners now. I think years from now that those bikes may become collectible especially when you can't by a vehicle that doesn't drive itself. Victory could become a novelty item.

Victory owners should just ride their bikes and wear em out. They have stated that existing dealers will have to service and sell parts for the next ten years. Any dealer who wouldn't sell parts and do service on them would be bad business. I bet Polaris will allow stand-alone Indian dealers do it too because it will generate income for the dealers and be a potential Indian sale in the future.

• Like 1

Stock bottomed out?

Please explain...

vision-gloss-black.jpg

This was Victory's last "innovative" idea, the CORE frame. Fine, fine, fine riding motorcycle. It would be nice to see a frame mounted fairing but I still miss the Gilroy teardrop light.

Ride safe.

• Like 2

I've heard of the Vindian and seen prototypes on the net. Sadly that was the last stand. Indian was borrowing technology instead of creating it and a lot of that had to do with capital. It was a desperation move.

If Indian uses technology from Victory it is basically sharing. Kind of like how GM does with multiple lines. It would be stupid to waste unused R&D from Victory if it could help Indian stay ahead of the game.

As far as depreciation goes that sucks for the owners now. I think years from now that those bikes may become collectible especially when you can't by a vehicle that doesn't drive itself. Victory could become a novelty item.

Victory owners should just ride their bikes and wear em out. They have stated that existing dealers will have to service and sell parts for the next ten years. Any dealer who wouldn't sell parts and do service on them would be bad business. I bet Polaris will allow stand-alone Indian dealers do it too because it will generate income for the dealers and be a potential Indian sale in the future.

IF Indian uses Victory technology.....OMG...