Indian Motorcycle Community

Brother Gone

I've been hit or miss a lot lately. Finally got motivated enough to post the info for the "Gathering" Rally on Indian Roads.

http://indianroads.net/events/gathering.html

I think it would be better if the image were bigger... but, you know, it's not my call.

Eamon, a very close friend for over 30 years, died suddenly. Well, he's had some health issues these last few years, so maybe it wasn't sudden for some, but it was for me.

Eamon was featured in (at least) one story on Indian Roads - "The Great Nevada Chill" (in Stories 1). I wrote that piece, maybe 5 years back, and as we had a lot of wild times together, I always thought I would write more. I just can't get myself to do it now.

I miss him. He was a damn fine guy and a great friend.

Sorry to hear of this loss, A man meets many people in his life and there are a small few that he lets into his heart, I all too well know the heartbreak you feel and also know there are no words that can ease the pain.

Prescription from Dr. Hasbin : Take a ride up the mountain and find a place special to you, get off the bike and have a seat where you are alone, tell him all the words you never had a chance to tell him, have a good long cry & keep him in your heart.

• Like 1

I'm sorry for your loss, KenB.

Thoughts and prayers for Eamon's family and friends.

• Like 1

Ken

From your Irish Hoodlum buddy

For Eamon,

"May the road always ride up to meet you

May the wind be always at your back

May the warm rain fall soft upon your fields

May the sun shine warm upon your face

And until we meet again , may God cradle you in his palm

Rest In Peace

• Like 1

Sorry to hear this Ken B, he was lucky to have a friend like you that cherished what you valued with his friendship. Thats what I believe has meaning in this world. Follow what Dr. Hasbin prescribed, he's one of the people that I'm talking about. Great thoughts from the west coast. Take care.

• Like 1

Losing a close friend always seems like having a tangible plug pulled out of one's own hide.

Sorry to read this as your storytelling of Eamon's exploits made him real for all who read your tales.

RIP EAMON

• Like 1

Eamon met his wife when she punched him in the nose in a bar. Came out of no where, and knocked his big fat ass right on the floor. I nearly died laughing.

• Like 2

Sorry for your loss Ken...

Edited by Specteur
  • Like 1

Sorry for your loss, Ken.

Like Hasbin says, we let a small, few close friends into our hearts...losing one of them is painful, but the memories of the good (and tough) times is what keeps them alive in our hearts until we get to the other side as well.

I've got a few over there, too.

Take care, brother.

T

• Like 1