Indian Motorcycle Community

Congrats Stu! Enjoy your travels.

Being self-employed, I'm a slave to my business during tax season (winter), but after that, I can come and go pretty much as I please, so I'll stick to this until I'm not able. I really like pissing my money away. Hence the Indian in my garage.

The down side is my boss is an asshole and I think the staff thinks so, too. :grin:

• Like 1
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My wife asked me, "What are you going to do today?"   I replied, "Nothing".   She said, "That's what you did all day yesterday!"   I said, "I wasn't finished yet".

Tip 1: OWN your house outright - no house payments. Tip 2: Move to a place with low property taxes. Tip 3: OWN all your vehicles - no payments... period. Tip 4: Move someplace conservative.

One thing that is different in retirement - I don't ride as much on weekends. I use those days to catch up on things at home.   Riding from Monday - Friday is damned nice.. no crowds, no weekend pos

I was fortunate to be able to retire at 55, I needed to due to back problems. Coming up on 3 years now and I'm so glad my wife talked me into retiring. Some how I'm busier now than when I had a job, go figure. I have been repairing and restoring Gilroy Indians in my shop and that does take a fair amount of time. Just now finishing up a restoration/custom build on a Black and Cream 2000 Chief.

Me and my wife have been doing 3 week vacations since I retired, only once a year cause she is still working.

Anyways I was done with pulling a trailer so when I bought my truck I had a hydraulic lift installed, best thing I ever did.

We can haul ass or not to our destination if needed and parking in a hotel parking lot is not an issue.

We use our time share to stay at many of our stops. The bike is exposed but I can live with that.

Traveling cross country has been a blast, so much to see and do.

This year we are starting the trip in Durango then on to South Dakota, Montana, Washington, Canada, Oregon and back Home.

Hope to see you on the road some time Stu

• Like 1

I was fortunate to be able to retire at 55, I needed to due to back problems. Coming up on 3 years now and I'm so glad my wife talked me into retiring. Some how I'm busier now than when I had a job, go figure. I have been repairing and restoring Gilroy Indians in my shop and that does take a fair amount of time. Just now finishing up a restoration/custom build on a Black and Cream 2000 Chief.

Me and my wife have been doing 3 week vacations since I retired, only once a year cause she is still working.

Anyways I was done with pulling a trailer so when I bought my truck I had a hydraulic lift installed, best thing I ever did.

We can haul ass or not to our destination if needed and parking in a hotel parking lot is not an issue.

We use our time share to stay at many of our stops. The bike is exposed but I can live with that.

Traveling cross country has been a blast, so much to see and do.

This year we are starting the trip in Durango then on to South Dakota, Montana, Washington, Canada, Oregon and back Home.

Hope to see you on the road some time Stu

If youre going to Durango well see you there... we plan to at least stop in and say hey... were staying at a campground in Durango.. plan to shuttle in to town most nights... then we are headed to Denver Saturday then to South Dakota..

STU! Congrats on your future retirement. Marcia and I still plan to retire down your way (SML) but she still has a few years to go. Do the things you enjoy doing and retirement will be a joy. Best of luck to you on the transition.

If youre going to Durango well see you there... we plan to at least stop in and say hey... were staying at a campground in Durango.. plan to shuttle in to town most nights... then we are headed to Denver Saturday then to South Dakota..

Your going to be free, so at least ride with us.

Well... I pulled the trigger today... sent my retirement letter in... final day is March 23rd... 😁

• Like 4

Your going to be free, so at least ride with us.

We got others with us... well make it to visit ... hope to ride with everyone... .. just not sure how its gonna play out...

• Like 1

Congratulations Stu!

Congratulations Stu!

Thanks Pete...

I’m retiring AGAIN real soon.

• Like 1