Indian Motorcycle Community

The New Hd's And 107

We just completed the Mo. State Hog Ralley at the Lake of the Ozarks, and the HD factory demo truck was there.

While I didn't get to ride a new 107, I did watch a ton of them take off, start, idle, ext., I though the new motor looked great and sounded great. The "riders" said it ran well and had more performance then their twinkies, which may not be saying much.

I though the bikes had great colors and looked very good. Their color pallet really outdoes Indian.

A couple of guys mentioned to me that the reason they hadn't gone to Indian was that they just didn't care for the nostalgia look on every bike. (full fenders,etc). They thought it would be great if Indian could come out with a more modern looking bike but use the new motor, and I had to agree to some extent.

For now, the T3 is what I'll ride.

Interestingly .. .when KM came out with the short fendered models.... they barely sold , in comparison?

And, when Someone comes out with a custom set of fenders , people gag over them on social media.

That all being said.... one can argue the Vintage is Nostalgic... but.. the Classic / Chieftain and Roadmaster...... anything but. The Fender isn't nostalgic... it's our heritage .. imho

• Like 5

It's weird. People want different fenders, updated look, etc., but when it's done, they don't like it. I guess the gold rope syndrome applies.

• Like 3

Interestingly .. .when KM came out with the short fendered models.... they barely sold , in comparison?

And, when Someone comes out with a custom set of fenders , people gag over them on social media.

That all being said.... one can argue the Vintage is Nostalgic... but.. the Classic / Chieftain and Roadmaster...... anything but. The Fender isn't nostalgic... it's our heritage .. imho

In the economy that they were in, nothing really sold well in the Indian family, and yes I agree with the midget, they were a little expensive for the average Joe...

If I remember right H D'z fender look/design is still a basic shape from long,long ago.I'd bet that it the intro'd a total new/modern shape/design,(only thing left is Vic.,or Jap shape) they'd all b having "a stroke".