Indian Motorcycle Community

Hot Damn. Ah Is Reetahred.

35 years, and it's hasta la vista baby. It felt weird for about 10 minutes. Then I woke up this a.m. and said: "Fuck me!! I don't gotta go to work no more!!!" :rasp::moped::bhi:

• Like 7

Does that mean we will see you in Co.?

Congrats !! Who deserves it more than you ?

Yup. I thought of Charger. Has anyone heard anything of or about him. I hope he's still with us.

Yup. I thought of Charger. Has anyone heard anything of or about him. I hope he's still with us.

He was still kickin 2 weeks ago when I talked to him...

Congratulations! Retirement is everything it's cracked up to be! Love it. :nod:

Congrats Diesel!!!

He was still kickin 2 weeks ago when I talked to him...

Good to hear. Say Hi to the old fart next time you talk to him.

I didn't know you ever worked...

Not if I could help it - just like you ... ;-)

Thanks guys and gal. Here's my life from here on in: I'm sitting in my chair, lookin' out the window for a couple hours.

Lorna says: "What are you doing?"

Me: "Nothin. "

Lorna: "That's what you did all day yesterday!!!"

Me: "I WASN'T FINISHED!!!"

• Like 3

People ask me if i'm not bored since i retired ? If that is the case "I'm not doing it right" !!

Congratulations on your retirement Brian.

Lookin forward to celebrating with you at the

reunion in Durango Colorado. :Beer-Chug[1]:

:moped:

Dave

• Like 1

Congratulations on your retirement! You're dues have officially been paid, and you made it through alive!

When I was an apprentice Ironworker, one of our Business Agent's got up to the mic at a meeting and told the membership that the numbers were in, and that an Ironworker's average life span past retirement was 6 months. (!?!?). He said, "We basically are working our asses off all of our lives, then die within a year without getting to enjoy the benefits of our life's work". It was at that point I decided I was going to retire at 55 on the 'early out' plan, regardless of what I got, and do something else, which was either an ornamental fabrication shop or, my 1st choice, start a renewable energy business selling and installing photovoltaics, wind and micro-hydro systems to the wide open and untapped market here in S.E. Missouri. That was until that 35# block fell off that structure I was working on and pile-drove me out of the trade, and brought on an early, and unwanted, retirement at 50 years old. At first, I was supremely pissed, because this meant that I wouldn't be able to retire at 55, which cut me out of $550 each month for those 5 years of missed pension credits. But then my wife said to me, "Lee, you've hated the new safety rules and mandatory drug tests for years, (I'm a proponent of cannabis, boys), and you have nearly been killed a few times. You're walking, talking and able to function, why not get out of it alive??" From that point on, even with having to put up with work comp trying to starve us out for 3 years, I decided that I've gotten what my Mom and Dad never were able to get- retirement, and in my case, social security disability benefits, too. My dad died at 36 of a stroke and Mom died at 49 of lung cancer (fucking cigarettes!). I consider myself a fortunate son, and I consider you part of the 'walking living' with me. Enjoy that freedom and the knowledge that you'll never have to put up with another episode of "Fuck, I wish I was somewhere else today!!"

Edited by lvbutcher
  • Like 2

Onliest thing I keep finding wrong with being re-tired is..............................

Ya don't ever seem to get a day off................................

Cain't tell my Tuesdays from Saturdays.......................

Good on ya Brian, come see us somewheres...........................

Well good on you !

Congrats !!

Onliest thing I keep finding wrong with being re-tired is..............................

I sure can, the hardware stores are over crowded.

Man your old ! Now, you got no excuses for attending Colorado.

Except that I'm so fkg old. I'm gonna have to check the mileage ...

Congratulations on your retirement! You're dues have officially been paid, and you made it through alive!

When I was an apprentice Ironworker, one of our Business Agent's got up to the mic at a meeting and told the membership that the numbers were in, and that an Ironworker's average life span past retirement was 6 months. (!?!?). He said, "We basically are working our asses off all of our lives, then die within a year without getting to enjoy the benefits of our life's work". It was at that point I decided I was going to retire at 55 on the 'early out' plan, regardless of what I got, and do something else, which was either an ornamental fabrication shop or, my 1st choice, start a renewable energy business selling and installing photovoltaics, wind and micro-hydro systems to the wide open and untapped market here in S.E. Missouri. That was until that 35# block fell off that structure I was working on and pile-drove me out of the trade, and brought on an early, and unwanted, retirement at 50 years old. At first, I was supremely pissed, because this meant that I wouldn't be able to retire at 55, which cut me out of $550 each month for those 5 years of missed pension credits. But then my wife said to me, "Lee, you've hated the new safety rules and mandatory drug tests for years, (I'm a proponent of cannabis, boys), and you have nearly been killed a few times. You're walking, talking and able to function, why not get out of it alive??" From that point on, even with having to put up with work comp trying to starve us out for 3 years, I decided that I've gotten what my Mom and Dad never were able to get- retirement, and in my case, social security disability benefits, too. My dad died at 36 of a stroke and Mom died at 49 of lung cancer (fucking cigarettes!). I consider myself a fortunate son, and I consider you part of the 'walking living' with me. Enjoy that freedom and the knowledge that you'll never have to put up with another episode of "Fuck, I wish I was somewhere else today!!"

Yup. Nothin' like a brush with death to make shit real.

Sure hope to, while we still got all our teeth, and marbles. Well, at least most of 'em.