Indian Motorcycle Community

Never Thought I Would Live To See The Day.....

So my kids and I went mini-golfing in Branson last week. There was a sea of bikes that took over an entire hotel, clearly 3-piece patch 1% types. It was dark, rainy, and hard to see which club it was.

Imagine my surprise when a Boozefighter showed up to Indian Point on a red Chieftan the next day. Nice dude, hung out with him for a while as did Judge Bob and Uplander.

Two days later while out riding, I saw another patch on a different Indian bagger. Not sure about you guys but I think this is a good thing, although it does take our previous exclusivity out of it. It was kind of cool when you saw MAYBE one Indian a year!!!! That being said, when the 1%ers are on Indians, we are clearly a valid alternative to Brand X.

An observation on the newbies BTW. IMHO, very green. Most have no clue what we all did to keep this marque flying. Some have no clue that Indian existed before Polaris. The "swap meet" was hilarious: Not one person selling that had-to-have part to keep your scooter running. WTF, are these guys swapping key fobs for fun or what????

Hork

• Like 11

Generally speaking Booze Fighters are good people.

Back in the late 40's my father was in the POB (Pissed off Basterds) MC, and they hung out with a lot of the Booze Fighters since both clubs were out of Berdoo. Wino Willie came to our house a couple of times, he was pretty out of control, but also he was a funny and good guy.

I have a couple of acquaintences in the local SOS (Sons of Silence) MC, and in conversation with one of these guys I was told that they have a new edict that they only ride HD's, no Victorys or Indians.

I've seen HAMC members on Victorys, and I believe that Sonny Barger is riding an Indian now, so I guess they're more open to other brands as long as they're American made.

• Like 2

Hey Ken!

I looked up the Boozefighters. Their "mission statement" if you will says that you have to be on an American Bike, period.

Hork

• Like 1

I spoke to one outside of Buffalo going home. He was rather surprised when he saw the T3.

Most of the new Indian riders have no clue about history or even when the original factory closed in 53. The new Indians are an alternative to Harley, relatively rare on the road, and look and ride good.

Even though the Booze Fighters claim to be 1% ers, that could be questionable based on the Big 3.

• Like 2

I remember seeing an interview with Sonny Barger and he mentioned at the start of the HA they should of went with Honda's because they were constantly breaking down on the HD's.

Al

• Like 2

So my kids and I went mini-golfing in Branson last week. There was a sea of bikes that took over an entire hotel, clearly 3-piece patch 1% types. It was dark, rainy, and hard to see which club it was.

Imagine my surprise when a Boozefighter showed up to Indian Point on a red Chieftan the next day. Nice dude, hung out with him for a while as did Judge Bob and Uplander.

Two days later while out riding, I saw another patch on a different Indian bagger. Not sure about you guys but I think this is a good thing, although it does take our previous exclusivity out of it. It was kind of cool when you saw MAYBE one Indian a year!!!! That being said, when the 1%ers are on Indians, we are clearly a valid alternative to Brand X.

An observation on the newbies BTW. IMHO, very green. Most have no clue what we all did to keep this marque flying. Some have no clue that Indian existed before Polaris. The "swap meet" was hilarious: Not one person selling that had-to-have part to keep your scooter running. WTF, are these guys swapping key fobs for fun or what????

Hork

Did the red chief have a tractor seat and stainless swing arm covers?

• Like 1

Stu,

Nice blast from the past there!!!! That would be one Mr. Joe-Joe Guns? Have some of his covers, very nice work. I last talked to him maybe 5 yrs ago. He sold his Springfield and was on a..... Pains me to say it..... "rare black" Electra Glide.

I thought about cruising over there to their hotel to inquire about Joe-Joe but figured that might not be a good idea with the large Iron Indian patch on the back of my vest and me being by myself.

Lost his contact info with a phone swap many years ago. Anyone know his whereabouts?

Hork

Stu,

Nice blast from the past there!!!! That would be one Mr. Joe-Joe Guns? Have some of his covers, very nice work. I last talked to him maybe 5 yrs ago. He sold his Springfield and was on a..... Pains me to say it..... "rare black" Electra Glide.

I thought about cruising over there to their hotel to inquire about Joe-Joe but figured that might not be a good idea with the large Iron Indian patch on the back of my vest and me being by myself.

Lost his contact info with a phone swap many years ago. Anyone know his whereabouts?

Hork

Joe-Joe was a great part of this community. Sorry he's no longer here.... Hope he, Kelly and the kids are doing well....

• Like 1

Stu,

Hork

Had some friends that was there last weekend

Chapter 55

I don't think your iron Indian patch would have mattered to them

Or at least mine doesn't

Joe-Joe was a great part of this community. Sorry he's no longer here.... Hope he, Kelly and the kids are doing well....

And had a beautiful wedding under the trees..

Edited by GarlicIndian
  • Like 2

yeah.... one of the great memories from IRIP 2....

I spoke to one outside of Buffalo going home. He was rather surprised when he saw the T3.

Most of the new Indian riders have no clue about history or even when the original factory closed in 53. The new Indians are an alternative to Harley, relatively rare on the road, and look and ride good.

Even though the Booze Fighters claim to be 1% ers, that could be questionable based on the Big 3.

I've never seen a Booze Fighter wear a 1%er patch, and of those I've spoken with, they all insist they aren't. Who knows though? and it's none of my business anyway.

G

Was there for that! Gorgeous bike Garlic. Like the Vintage crash bars. I have a nice set up that removes that giant bracket that your bags bolt to. Feel free to call me and I can send you some pics. That setup the Vintages came with was horrendous; lots of work to remove the bags!

Hork

316-650-9593

Generally speaking Booze Fighters are good people.

Back in the late 40's my father was in the POB (Pissed off Basterds) MC, and they hung out with a lot of the Booze Fighters since both clubs were out of Berdoo. Wino Willie came to our house a couple of times, he was pretty out of control, but also he was a funny and good guy.

I have a couple of acquaintences in the local SOS (Sons of Silence) MC, and in conversation with one of these guys I was told that they have a new edict that they only ride HD's, no Victorys or Indians.

I've seen HAMC members on Victorys, and I believe that Sonny Barger is riding an Indian now, so I guess they're more open to other brands as long as they're American made.

An in-law of an in-law belongs to a Cdn veterans 3 piece club. They're not allowed to ride anything except HD. Fkg juvenile attitude.

That needs to change. Anyone worth a shit knows that Sturgis itself was started by Indian folks!!! Ignorant and juvenile.

Hork