Indian Motorcycle Community

My american brothers & sisters

I know people have objected to some of the issues I stand for , maybe you think I am an asshole (I am, sometimes) for my straight shooting talk of the pp100 ! Or any of my conservative opinions! Well , thats all they are is opinions , if I burst your bubble, sorry you'll get over it!

Secondly, I love America , I will do anything and everything to protect this country at all costs ! When I joined the Marines when I was younger , people used to ask me 'why did you join the Corps" my answer along with thousands of others was simple "I aint got nothing better to do" . But realistically , I believed in the American way of life and after serving my country and seeing the way other countries lived , I realized just how good we have it over here , and how it is worth fighting to the death for! Thats right , I strongly believe that this country is worth dying for at all costs to save the Republic!

I would like to say a prayer for the men and women who lost there lives 4 years ago today , and thanking our men and women in combat for there service to our country , those who've paid the ultimate sacrifice did not die without reason! They died honorbly and regrettably as well . I will pay homage to these vets today !

I feel safer today than yesterday , I feel G.W. has kept his promise to make America safer , I dont care about other countries safety or whether they respect us (they do respect us , they fear us , that is all the respect we need) !

In closing I want to thank God I was born into this glorious country and may peace be with all my Indian brothers and sisters!

I don't care much for professional politicians, and the older I get the less I care for a two-party system.    

However, we must never forget the attacks of 9-11 and the bastards who planned/executed the attack.

I have the ultimate respect for the young men and women who volunteered to support and defend these United States.  They are in a living hell while our politicians dine on pork and sling mud at each other.

Ride Safe and Support our Troops!

( Go BLACKHORSE, ALLONS! )

As a young lad back in the day I joined the USAF.  I grew up in a coal mining town in PA and there weren't too many options for a 17 year old boy back then.  Most of us didn't have the means or the smarts to go to college so we joined the military to "learn a trade."  Many of my friends joined the Army and a few, the Marines, but I was the only Airman.  That was 1981.  I never figured I'd stay past four years, but on Sept 11, 2001, in the twilight of my military career, I was in the sky above Manhattan flying air cover over NYC.  I joined during the "cold War."  I always wonderd what a war would be like but never really believed we'd ever mix it up with the Soviets.  The military was a pretty good life back then.  I made a decent living and my family was happy.  Then in 1990 things changed.  We faced an enemy we knew little about and were initially ill prepared to fight, from our equipment right down to the color of our uniforms.  We won though and our generation showed that we would answer when called.  Along the way America re-learned how to appreciate it's military again.  We all felt pride like never before, and along the way, finally, those who served before us started to gain the respect that their generation never paid them.  The rest of the 1990s were spent training for our new foes who were emerging in the middle east.  We had a few incidents but we always managed to prevail.  Our hearts broke for our Brothers who lost their lives in Mogadishu and aboard the USS Cole, but we believed that ultimately the world was on our side...and then on Sept 11, 2001 all hell broke loose.  The reality was almost too much to bear.  As I circled over NYC on that day, I was sick to my stomach, I cried for the first hour as I looked down and saw what they did to my country.  By the end of the 11 hour mssion I was good and pissed and vowed that I'd do whatever I could to "make those bastards pay."  I spent most of the next 2 years deployed serving that cause, waitng for support from our "allies" that never came.  After all we'd done for this world, they'd abandoned us when our time of need came around.  SO we said "FUCK 'EM!  We'll do it ourselves."  Other than a few SAMS fired at my aircraft I've never been in direct combat.  I pray every day for those that are.  As my career progressed and I rose thru the ranks, I also learned something about the new crop of youngsters that defend this nation.  They would answer their call too.  This generation of Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines, are just as tough as any that ever lived, and they're helped by technology that most of us only dreamed of.  They're gonna come through, never doubt that for a minute.  To all who've ever served, are serving or will serve I say "God Speed."  Whether you're Active Duty, Guard or Reserve I say "Well Done."  And to the many Law Enforcement and Firefighting professionals who protect us everyday I say "Thank you."  And finally to the families that have lost loved ones on Sept 11th or on the Battlefields of the Middle East I say "Your Sacrifice was not in vain."  We shall prevail.  I leave with one final thought, This is the Greatest country that ever graced the map, and in the end, whenever it may be, those Bastards, every stinkin' one of 'em will pay for what they did.

I just did not see the rememberance of 911, while out and about yesterday. Then again, I did not watch tv.

Let's fly some flags America. Sad to see people forget, If it was made a national holiday off for rememberance, we would not forget

....We are a nation torn and angry.The history of conflict in the middle east predates biblical times.In my Armenian family 22  family members were caught up in the first genocide of the century and murdered,as the Ottoman Turks killed millions of Armenians,Greeks and other Christian and english speaking people,parading their heads  around on poles.This is a historical fact,no more no less.Long term peace has eluded the best of efforts and intentions continually there for ages.

Were we able to eradicate all who hate us in that part of the world of the present generation,the history of that act would further hatred in the hearts of future generations ...as has been the cycle through out history.

America has been ,and God willing ,will continue to be the driving force for PEACE in the world as it has  struggled to be

in every conflict since our nation's birth.A dear friend of mine,and also a WWII marine and Guadalcanal vet,and Native Ameican Mohawk put it simply.Were the tables turned, would we not be fighting with the same fury,a foreign army here telling us what to do? I believe peolpe in that part of the world simply hate America,and Americans,but their factions have hated and killed one another long before 9-11 and our recent military intervention there,and will do so when we're out.

This is a hell of a mess that a room full of Solomans would be hard put in solving peacefully,as each nation's pride is at stake.

At some point the cost in the blood of our youngest and finest on will be the diffusing issue here.As there are no clear national boundaries to demark the conflict,even the use of nuclear weapons promises no clear end to it.

As distasteful as this idea appears,I think the best option is to back out of the conflict,and engage the rest of the Western world in putting the lid back on,tighten up our borders as well as those in that region of the world,and return to a time when we as Americans knew or neighbors,had frequent town meetings,and as citizens took action to thwart

what  we used to calll saboteurs.If that part of the world chooses to remain in isolation,accept it.Isolate them as best possible and find other ways to maintain our quality of life here with the rest of the world,until the choices Islamic countries have made to remain isolated,causes them enough suffering.Be patient.

OK,that's it.I'm through.  :veryangry:  :tear2:

I never served--but I never forget those who did and do!!

I fly the flag in my front yard 24 hours a day--lit up properly, and waving proud.

My way of honoring, and saying thank you to the folks who protect me.

God Bless America--God Bless the boys and girls who keep us safe and free!

I just did not see the rememberance of 911, while out and about yesterday. Then again, I did not watch tv.

You shoulda been on the 91 freeway yesterday.  THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of flag-waving, bike-riding, patriotic folk saluting, waving, cheering, and sobbing.  The line of slow moving bikes must have been literally 20 miles + long.  It was a very moving experience.  I truly enjoyed all of the great comraderie and American Spirit Cynder and I enjoyed on 9/11.  Please keep this in mind, while you get sucked into the following soapbox speech.

It was beautiful...

until you read the tag of the $10 commemorative shirt was made in the Honduras(I'm a cheap son of a bitch, but I sure as hell would have spent $20 on something that said made in USA, and didn't have the care instructions in French), then realize the myriad of folks unintentionally displaying their flags upside down (that flag upon the back of your helmet is not just for covering the D.O.T. sticker, and when ya hang it upside down off your bars, it's pretty sad).  I won't even get into the countless folks wearing our nation's symbol upon their sweaty heads as a patriotic gesture.  We left early.  Did anyone get a good picture of the stage backdrop at the Fender Center in SoCal?  Count the stars on "our" flag.    

:no:

Please pardon Da FoosH, as he feels a rant comin' on...

I'm ALL for civil liberties...to an extent.  Prayer should NOT be allowed in school, as it will surely offend SOMEONE.  

Instead. how about lessons on PROPER flag etiquette, as this is AMERICA...otherwise these kids grow up to commit such "patriotic" faux-pas as this...

runaway_10.jpg

Maybe they do things differently in Louisiana courts, but did ANYONE working on the Runaway Jury move (2003) realize the friggin' flag is on the Judge's LEFT throughout the whole movie?  I see this crap on TV all the time as well.

I'm tired of all the misguided, skin-deep patriotism I'm bombarded with daily...

*The neighbor who insists on putting a large flag pole up in his front yard...then doesn't take it down at dusk, nor keep it lighted.

*The grocery store who flys "our" colors at half-mast for a day of mourning...then keeps it there for 3 weeks afterward.

*The department store that PROUDLY hangs the Red, White and Blue vertically in the display window because it's July 4th...and the field of stars is on the RIGHT.

*The BASEBALL (national sport?) STADIUM that finds it OK to have the upper third of a vertically displayed flag DRAPED over a retaining wall/roof, while the lower 2/3rds hangs freely.

I do not WORSHIP this graven object that Americans have chosen to symbolize our great nation, and it's values.

I do RESPECT the fact that there's just some things ya don't do (ESPECIALLY as a sign of unity and support for Old Glory)

Flag Burning?

I can think of nothing more American then allowing a citizen the right to dessicrate our flag if he so desires while making a political statement.  

Unintentional acts of such disregard are indeed a disgrace, and ought to be dealt with by ANY MEANS necessary.  See above:  education is probably the key.

I don't see how my views should be any different than the American public at large...yet they seem to be.  If you have a question about proper flag etiquette, simply ask someone...or look it up on the internet.  

I have NEVER had a problem advising a complete stranger of  a "flag infraction".  Ever since I was a kid, folks seem to sincerely appreciate the advice.  Let folks/management know if they're doing something improper with the Stars and Stripes.  Rant over.  Happy Sunday...

:wave:

Simple thought--if it is their right to burn it--it's my right to try to stop them from burning it! :nod:

Ain't America Grand?

(just make sure you don't get caught violating his civil rights, as you kick the shit out of him in front of his young, impressionable son and hot-looking wife)

:rasp:

If his son were young and impressionable--might be a good thing for him to see :rotfl:

Can't think of a worse punishment for any man, than to get the crap beat out of 'im in front of the same kid that's gonna look up to him as a Father-figure for the rest of his life.

Evil?

Yes  :eyebrow:

a couple points here.>...

got a tat on my right shoulder which shows the ol'glory waving in the wind, with the caption:  TRY BURNING THIS ONE    and I've got something for anyone whom tries it.    

But.. as a strong believer in the first ammendment, I will support a person's right to burn the flag as political statement, even as I arrange bond in preparation for beating his ass.  now THAT is freedom.

America is all about connundrums such as that.

The stars and bars do-rag is another.  

As long as it's not made FROM a flag, then it's merely symbolic.   As long as it is not ACTUALLY a flag wrapped around his head, it should be just fine.

Would you have Evil Kenivel remove the stars and bars from his costume?  Of course not.

Better that our country is again showing pride in USA, than to sweat the details too hard.  But yes, please display your flag properly.

The problem is all these fucks who come here to take advantage of this country not to become part of it. They are not interested in the only flag, they fly the flag of the country they left and speak only that langauge. and the Puerto Ricans and Cubans (not all but most) dont help.....no interest in our flag just saping our nations strength. Remember Spanish is our national language....right? I'm disgusted with how this country is going. Become an American not someone who just lives here, wherever you came from or go back!!!!!!!!!! Yes I'm racist and getting more racist every day!!!!!!!!!!

....being pissed off is better than being pissed on..I heard it said.Our beloved country used to have one set of rules..(except for the rich vs poor) that we all lived by.Everyhing seems to have gotten blurred since then,when it comes to living up to the words in the pledge of allegiance.

As a kid,I remember how proud I was  remembering the pledge and thinking about how the words clearly and succinctly defined the rules to which I should behave as an American.

Make no mistake about it,my mother and dad made sure I understood.This was in the early '50s ,when we and the allies under Ike's wartime leadership had defeated the Nazi's,the Imperial Japanese,and the Italian fascists under Mussolini.

English was the language we all spoke in school..and mostly at home.As an American kid of Armenian descent,the older folks frequently spoke the Armenian language to one another,but I never learned it nor did my mother and dad require me to.They were proud to have their kids BE American kids and BE part of the American culture...living out the pledge.

We need to return these values,not just because I learned them...but because as I see it, they are the traditional values of our American culture.There's been way too much screwing with this concept.Yes,we are damned lucky to have been born here...and maybe luckier if our parents instilled in us an understanding and reverence for them...as American citizens,with all that citizenship entails.

Forget the democrat vs republican crap...that's a phoney issue.Let's get real again and relearn some American history...

and get back to the rules.Tighten up the borders so that 'homeland security' means we as citizens are secure in our understanding of America's values.

RIDE SAFE.....LIVE LONG

I know people have objected to some of the issues I stand for , maybe you think I am an asshole (I am, sometimes) for my straight shooting talk of the pp100 ! Or any of my conservative opinions! Well , thats all they are is opinions , if I burst your bubble, sorry you'll get over it!

Secondly, I love America , I will do anything and everything to protect this country at all costs ! When I joined the Marines when I was younger , people used to ask me 'why did you join the Corps" my answer along with thousands of others was simple "I aint got nothing better to do" . But realistically , I believed in the American way of life and after serving my country and seeing the way other countries lived , I realized just how good we have it over here , and how it is worth fighting to the death for! Thats right , I strongly believe that this country is worth dying for at all costs to save the Republic!

I would like to say a prayer for the men and women who lost there lives 4 years ago today , and thanking our men and women in combat for there service to our country , those who've paid the ultimate sacrifice did not die without reason! They died honorbly and regrettably as well . I will pay homage to these vets today !

I feel safer today than yesterday , I feel G.W. has kept his promise to make America safer , I dont care about other countries safety or whether they respect us (they do respect us , they fear us , that is all the respect we need) !

In closing I want to thank God I was born into this glorious country and may peace be with all my Indian brothers and sisters!

Well spoken..02IndianSpiritRider.

I have to say I dont normaly agree with Badcad , but on this instance I do! When you come here to live , you need to show your respect , you need to prove you can be an accepted member of our society , I am not saying abandon your heritage , but like our flag on the flag pole! In California or any other state , what flag flies above the United States flag? Anyone ? Thats right , nothing does , I see Mexican flags in California like that and it pisses me off! I didnt join the Marines to protect Mexico!

I think you have to do more than just take a fucking test to get your citizenship , you need to prove to our society your worth , All men and women that are within the age limits ; our military sets forth must upon recieving there citizenship join one of the branches of our military , if you have 1-5 kids , your still not exempt , kids will not make you exempt from "Active duty" , not the reserves, the reserves are for Natural Americans! Possibly demanding a 2 year enlistment before becoming a citizen is also worth looking into!

If you honestly wanted to become an American then wouldnt you want to die for your new freedom ! I just think we should get something in for return for handing out freedom ! Freedom isnt free or without cost! Letting immigrants in and then repopulating neighborhoods with there country with nothing to show other flags from Vietnam or Mexico or any other country is wrong!

Hey FoosH, being from Louisiana we sho nuff do a lot of things different down here, like yall got medians and we have "neutral grounds".  When I see a sign that says "Fine for dumping trash", that tells me that it's fine to dump trash here.  

That being said, this is the only country that ain't threw my people out...yet...so the one thing we don't do is knowingly disrespect the ol' Red, White and Blue.  Blame hollywood.  I am in Law Enforcement here down in the "Big Easy" and have never been in a courtroom that had the flag on the left.  This is unacceptable even under our "Napoleonic Code".  

By the way, it was Louisiana that passed a law which legalized "defending" the flag against burning "by any actions deemed appropriate".  

Further, I rode in a memorial 9/11 poker run sponsored by the "Red Knights" with proceeds going to the families of fallen police and firemen.  People say America is forgetting what happened on 9/11, well last year they had 250 riders and this year they had 1700 riders.  Forget?  NEVER, just give me a moment to reload.

God Bless our troops, and God Bless America

P.S. Of those 1700 riders there was only one Indian...mine.

Firefinder

03 Springfield Chief  :veryangry:

Archived