Indian Motorcycle Community

These Forums Are 'big Business" .. Well, Not This One.. But 'that' One Is

I tend to get on several forums. This one is my anchor . My favorite.

When the Spirit Lake bikes started rolling out , a couple others popped up . They tend to be 'friendlier' and 'nicer' .. .when people get their butts hurt here, they tend to head there.. lol. But, one of them specifically tends to have a LOT of TS111 info on its archives.. .. though now it has a lot of BSing on it since the bikes have proven themselves worthy, and folks have quit whining about the distressed leather, oil coolers, and other "the sky is falling" topics.

BUT... one thing I noticed today , caught me off guard. Since they have a few sponsors on their site, Guessing there is some $ to be made ?

"VerticalScope.com. VerticalScope recently acquired indianmotorcycles.net and will be taking over the management duties of the forum."

Edited by RickkciR
  • Like 1

Yup. That's also why there's no sales banners on this forum nor corporate control. Indie all the way.

We're not in it to make money nor do we collect salaries for hosting this site.

• Like 10

Visited one of the new forums but quickly lost interest. Far as the new bikes......not impressed enough to drive a couple hours in LA traffic.....yet.

me ride um centennial [MRUC]

cheers

I tend to get on several forums. This one is my anchor . My favorite.

When the Spirit Lake bikes started rolling out , a couple others popped up . They tend to be 'friendlier' and 'nicer' .. .when people get their butts hurt here, they tend to head there.. lol. But, one of them specifically tends to have a LOT of TS111 info on its archives.. .. though now it has a lot of BSing on it since the bikes have proven themselves worthy, and folks have quite whining about the distressed leather, oil coolers, and other "the sky is falling" topics.

BUT... one thing I noticed today , caught me off guard. Since they have a few sponsors on their site, Guessing there is some $ to be made ?

"VerticalScope.com. VerticalScope recently acquired indianmotorcycles.net and will be taking over the management duties of the forum."

I saw that. All I could think of was SELL OUT! They ask everyone to "donate to become a gold member" then sell out to some corporation.

• Like 4

I saw that. All I could think of was SELL OUT! They ask everyone to "donate to become a gold member" then sell out to some corporation.

Bingo. Now those members are paying to see the ads on the site.

• Like 3

Bingo. Now those members are paying to see the ads on the site.

Always were ads on the site. Now the ads will get worse. One of the new owners was asked what he rides and he replied with something like his wife wouldn't let him buy a bike or some pussy-ass thing like that.

• Like 3

Like RickkciR, I visit the other two major Indian sites as well but this is my mainstay site. The other sites also offer good information and entertainment but you have to filter through a lot of banter, posturing, egos and haters to get to it. I suppose most open forums are like that. I've noticed some of the participants are ex-members of this site but evidently went away seeking greener pastures. Fortunately, I don't get too wrapped up in politics or drama so although I like to visit those other sites, I like it here the best.

By the way, using the AdBlocker Plus program, I don't get any ads on any of the sites, even my non-motorcycle ones. Keeps my life uncomplicated. :nod:

• Like 4

Like RickkciR, I visit the other two major Indian sites as well but this is my mainstay site. The other sites also offer good information and entertainment but you have to filter through a lot of banter, posturing, egos and haters to get to it. I suppose most open forums are like that. I've noticed some of the participants are ex-members of this site but evidently went away seeking greener pastures. Fortunately, I don't get too wrapped up in politics or drama so although I like to visit those other sites, I like it here the best.

By the way, using the AdBlocker Plus program, I don't get any ads on any of the sites, even my non-motorcycle ones. Keeps my life uncomplicated. :nod:

That's why I prefer this forum. Lots of assholes here, but at least I know that upfront. That other forum... They get all bent if you give them a "red X" if you disagree with 'em. Me? I told them they were a bunch of pussies for not giving me a red X.

• Like 4

Other sites? I came here, I saw it was real, no reason to go elsewhere except to join IIRA. As for assholes, I am one of them, so thanx for putting up with me. As for the other sites; die yuppie scum - ROFL!

• Like 5

Assholes are a dime a dozen

you find 'em everywhere ya look.

Even a betamale has no problem there.

Every once in a while you will find a site

busy compiling Alpha shithead outlooks.

WhaT YOU DO WITH IT DEPENDS ON YOU.

• Like 1

This site has trained me well... I'm practicing my asshole routine over on them :)

• Like 2

That's why I prefer this forum. Lots of assholes here, but at least I know that upfront. That other forum... They get all bent if you give them a "red X" if you disagree with 'em. Me? I told them they were a bunch of pussies for not giving me a red X.

X

• Like 1

Funny .. I just gave someone a Red X literally a few minutes ago... let the fun begin.. .

• Like 1

Always were ads on the site. Now the ads will get worse. One of the new owners was asked what he rides and he replied with something like his wife wouldn't let him buy a bike or some pussy-ass thing like that.

WUT?

musta thought he was aquiring a bicycle enthusiast site??

1917025_217412696186_4595029_n.jpg

667fe_ORIG-boobs_text.jpg

Better boobs on this one too :nod: :nod:

Hasbin showing you his man-boobs again without showing the rest of us?????

• Like 1

Yup. That's also why there's no sales banners on this forum nor corporate control. Indie all the way.

We're not in it to make money nor do we collect salaries for hosting this site.

I like this part, I checked my profile and showed me as a basic member, clicked on store to pay my $30 to support and get the pop up that I'm already paid and can't do it again?

• Like 1