Indian Motorcycle Community

Two things come to mind..

First .. what a F***Ing idiot for posting it ... nothing like providing the eveidence..

Secondly ... never ceases to amaze me how these speed freaks pull this crap off, diving in / out of traffic without killing themselves.. or worse.. someone else.... .....

Last year I picked up a ZX14R .. and when you're doing triple digits... shit happens quick .. and I'll never get used to that front tire coming off the ground on demand.... ... thank god I didn't have this bike 30 years ago .... ( KZ1000 back in the day allowed me to do way too much crazy shit)

• Like 2

I had a KZ 1000 back in the day, somehow I'm still alive :)

• Like 1

Those Kaw 500 and 750 3 cyl. 2 strokes were heart stoppers. Almost impossible to keep the front wheel on the ground.

• Like 1

Had a brand new BM R60/7 back in the day. At that time I worked in a silicon valley factory. There was a talented old hippie, electronic tech, who rode his KZ1000 LTD to the factory from San Bruno to Mountain View, every morning. A very cool guy and impressive, reliable, big motorcycle.

me ride um centennial

cheers

• Like 1

Fastest I was ever on 2 wheels , the Kaw , passing through 130 mph , tee shirt , shorts , Nikes , no helmet , suburban Chicago . Blew through a red light , sat up and my sunglasses broke at the bridge of my nose and flew away .

Freaking STUPID

• Like 2

Fastest I was ever on 2 wheels , the Kaw , passing through 130 mph , tee shirt , shorts , Nikes , no helmet , suburban Chicago . Blew through a red light , sat up and my sunglasses broke at the bridge of my nose and flew away .

Freaking STUPID

Speaking of Stupid...

30 years ago...I rode mine to the back gate of the USAF base daily ....each morning.... 2 lane.. would pass everyone on the left ( all of us headed to work) .. 100 ..110 .. 130mph .. every day.. Then, pull up to the guard shack to stop ... and everyone I passed, then passed. me....... as.... I put on my helmet to get on base ....... SMH .. dumb n young

Edited by RickkciR
  • Like 1

Sometimes the young part just goes away and only the dumb part remains. lolz :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl::grin:

100 mph with no eye protection is suicidal :nod:

I'm thinking a Rocket III is about as far toward the sporty bikes I would venture.

Ignorance is bliss

Education takes work

An MSF rider safety course is cheap medicine can be fun and will sharpen some rusty skills.

• Like 1

Had a brand new BM R60/7 back in the day. At that time I worked in a silicon valley factory. ............

me ride um centennial

cheers

Circa Feb. 12, 1977 [valentines day]

Time: aprox 9PM and pitch black dark

Weather: warm, clear, central calif. desert night

Location: on the vast freeway just outside Soledad State Prison. No other vehicles in sight. Heading south from Frisco bay area to San Luis Obispo.

Got the beemer up to a sustained 95 MPH. Quite scary and exhilarating. It was a one-time only thing, for me, on the new bmw back then. So far only had the centennial briefly up to 92 MPH on los angeles freeway, about ten years ago.

me ride um centennial [MRUC]

cheers

• Like 1

Any who. Speaking of military bases. I wonder what ever happened to old "HORK" [Frank?]. He was the fellow forum guy with his wonderful family signature photo. In his signature pix they were all gathered around HORK's fantastic silver Indian Bomber and a B52 in the close back ground.

cheers

edit: woops. I stand corrected. HORK's is a green Indian Bomber. Glad to hear he's still around on FB. Separately: I generally am better off spending very little time on FB. Too many issues with hackers and FB advertisers for me.

Edited by MRUC

Any who. Speaking of military bases. I wonder what ever happened to old "HORK" [Frank?]. He was the fellow forum guy with his wonderful family signature photo. In his signature pix they were all gathered around HORK's fantastic silver Indian Bomber and a B52 in the close back ground.

cheers

He pops up on Facebook every now and then. He'll be at IRIP with his green bomber

• Like 1