Indian Motorcycle Community

So, What Do You Think? Is It The New 'springfield'

Springfield.jpg

My wife said she would actually buy a Scout that looked like that and had those fenders. I told her about InsaneIndian's, she hadn't seen it yet.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well Mark really built one and I think it's one hell of a bike.  

Posted Images

I think it would be cooler if they stuck with the Thunder Stroke engine.

Wouldn't that just be a Chief...

Chief TS engine and frame. Chieftain inverted forks but no fairing, just a windshield. Chieftain hard bags. Cut the fenders back to pre 1940 style. I'd go for that.

• Like 1

I like it. But....! My 2000 looks every bit as good as it does except mine is tried and true. And the 2001 Spirit is another that cannot be replicated.

• Like 1

Looks to me like what the next generation Sport Scout will look like. This one should sell well to the smaller riders who can't handle the size of the Chief. I've been waiting for a full skirted Scout to hit the market. Next up...the Four...

• Like 1

12654537_10153902002599028_3245815730442

Indian needs to market this as a turnkey dealer completed vehicle.

Kind of a junior SlingShot.

The Indian rechargeable electric bike needs to become a reality too.

You can hide more batteries up inside the skirts with valanced fenders. :shocked::Beer-Chug[1]::eyebrow::Cheers[1]::buttrock:

• Like 1

Looks to me like what the next generation Sport Scout will look like. This one should sell well to the smaller riders who can't handle the size of the Chief. I've been waiting for a full skirted Scout to hit the market. Next up...the Four...

Yeah, but the SL Chiefs can pretty much be handled by anyone. My Wife demoed two Chiefs with no problem.

Yeah, but the SL Chiefs can pretty much be handled by anyone. My Wife demoed two Chiefs with no problem.

Yep, my lady has no problems riding the Chiefs. It's backing the sucker up where the problems come into play

I wonder what Vic motor they'll use... 😜

• Like 1

I wonder what Vic motor they'll use...

Ya mean an electric motor?

ab61afcfee4a68276b89d936b66c6128.jpg

Or were you meaning engine? :grin:

• Like 2

I think it would be cooler if they stuck with the Thunder Stroke engine.

They are

Well.. there you go

attachicon.gifcapturespring.jpg

Same engine = same frame, so what's left to change? Paint, saddlebags, maybe a frame mounted fairing? A Vintage with Chieftain hard bags + Chieftain inverted forks, but the inverted forks would necessitate a nacelle redesign.

Looks to be the Chieftain/RoadMaster Chassis light by 10 kgs or 22 lbs ~ possibly indicating minus the fairing styling.

Possibly no nacelle with naked fork tree mounted headlight & spots similar to 2003/2004 Vintage.

Could also be minus the hardbags... where else would they be shaving off the 22 lbs?