Indian Motorcycle Community

I heard it was good. My brother always buys movies on Blu-Ray as soon as they come out so I'll wait until I can watch it for free. :grin:

Hmm ,,,,

,,,,, it claims to be a true story, the historical accuracy of the film was criticized ,,,,

But you gotta ask yourself, who are you going to believe, the lying politicians & government officials, or the guys who were there and fought, had friends killed, and survived?

• Like 2

But you gotta ask yourself, who are you going to believe, the lying politicians & government officials, or the guys who were there and fought, had friends killed, and survived?

,,,, just words from those who fought there ,,,,,

,,,, former Army Ranger Kris "Tonto" Paronto, one of the CIA contractors who fought that night, has stated, "We were told to 'stand down'. Those words were used verbatim — 100 percent. ... If the truth of it affects someone's political career? Well, I'm sorry. It happens."When another one of the soldiers, John Tiegen, was asked about the alleged stand-down order at a screening for military families, he said that "it was harder to sit there and obey it than to disobey it."Responding further to the claims by "Bob" that no stand-down order was given, Paronto elaborated:

"We could have been a lot harder on him (Bob). He gave us a total of two ‘waits’, and a ‘stand down’. We gave him a chance to explain why he said to stand down, maybe there actually was a good reason, but he didn’t want to talk to us. I mean, there is a video feed of us in the compound that night. You can see us getting in and out of cars for twenty-five minutes. It is obvious that we tried to leave multiple times, and that there was a lot of verbal back and forth between him and us.

And so on ,,,,,,

When you're making that kind of movie stick to facts ,,,,, just sayin'

Most "true story" movies nowadays are "based on a true story". That means something really happened but the movie makers have artistic license to make things exciting/interesting/controversial,/etc. Not saying that's the case with this movie but some "based on a true story" movies are so far from reality they don't even resemble the real event. I heard "13 Hours" is closer to reality than most.

• Like 1

Most "true story" movies nowadays are "based on a true story". That means something really happened but the movie makers have artistic license to make things exciting/interesting/controversial,/etc. Not saying that's the case with this movie but some "based on a true story" movies are so far from reality they don't even resemble the real event. I heard "13 Hours" is closer to reality than most.

This is an example of why, imho, DK one of the wisest men on this site, and why I always carefully consider what he has to say, even if I disagree. (I do not disagree in this case.)

I have the book, but barely started it, and have not seen the movie (yet), thus do not claim to be any expert on the case. Someone mentioned that there are those who challenge the accuracy of the film. I strongly advise considering what stake such critics have; are they covering the truth because the truth will incriminate them? In all fairness, we also need to consider the possibility of the film makers embellishing the truth to facilitate conviction of the (alleged) negligent parties. But when we consider the known character of the accused parties (and this is extremely important!), I am lead to agree with DK in that the film will provide more fact than fiction (especially compared to heinous films like Farenheight 911).

There were numerous request for enhanced security (as proven in Klintons e-mails)

The attack was coordinated (heavy weapons)

There was a drone overhead relaying on site intel (the feed would be accessible in the Pentagon and the Sit room at the WH)

The attack was acknowledged

A request for help was sent numerous times

F-16's out of Aviano could have been on site in less than 20 mins (400 miles) and provided air cover

A C-130 "Specter" gunship could have been on station within an hour

AFRICOM Carter Ham activated a QRF (quick reaction force) and had them in a running C-130 ( an hours flight time) and was told to stand down (I believe this order can only come from the WH as Carter is a 4 star)

Carter refused and was relieved of duty by his second in command and asked to resign the next day

The State dept tried to cover by fabricating an protest from a Youtube video (they ruined the live of the guy that posted it)

Klintons communications stated to the various heads of state and her daughter that the consulate had been attacked by terrrorist

Susan Rice perpetuated the LIE on 5 news shows

Klinton and Barry stood over the flag drapped caskets of 4 brave Americans and LIED to the families about the attacks

Americans under attack were deliberately ignored for the political gain of barack hussein and Klinton

I have been fortunate to have some friends that have served in SF and various contracting organizations. All have exceptional honor and integrity, I would trust any with my life, as far as politicians, I wouldnt trust one to open a door.

What is happening is truly sickening, they administration is covering up as much as they can, recent examples are a Barrett .50 that showed up in El Chapos arsenal from Fast and Furious (investigation stymied by "executive privilege" and TWO US Navy attack boats and crew "captured" by the Iranians in 20 foot Boston Whalers. Another cover up.

• Like 4

the naysayers are all government officials or those following politics rather than facts. Whole host of options could have been initiated for support....hell we keep a QRF in the Med area for launching to anywhere in that region at moments notice in addition to the guys from Tripoli already mentioned.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/diplomat-us-special-forces-told-you-cant-go-to-benghazi-during-attacks/

Edited by Brock

Sharyl Attkisson is a well respected journalist whom had her personal and professional e-mails hacked by the DOJ

The evidence is overwhelming that the United States had several rescue teams ready to go during the 2012 Benghazi attacks, but someone -- possibly the president himself -- prevented them from acting. So said Emmy Award-winning journalist Sharyl Attkisson to talk show host Steve Malzberg in an interview on Wednesday.

This week on her show, "Full Measure," Attkisson looked into the aborted rescue mission in an in-depth two-part report, "Rescue Interrupted," which you can watch here and here. She spoke with a Green Beret commander who told her that there were actually Special Forces on their way to Benghazi who were turned back.

Col. Andrew Wood had once commanded a Special Forces anti-terrorism team protecting Ambassador Chis Stevens and other diplomats in Libya. In October of 2012, Woods told Congress that one month before the attacks in Benghazi, his team had been removed from Libya by the Obama administration, despite the numerous warnings of impending terrorist attacks. Wood told Attkisson that Special Forces (the ones mentioned in the "spinning up" email from Jeremy Bash) were on their way to Benghazi, but were ordered to turn back.

"Those individuals I know loaded aircraft and got on their way to Benghazi to respond to that incident. They were not allowed to cross the border as per protocol until they got approval from the commander in chief," Wood explained. "That authority has to come from him or they're not allowed to enter the country."

Attkisson told Malzberg, "This is something that the president and the White House has steadfastly denied, but there's now what I would call an overwhelming body of evidence that leads us to believe that somebody stopped a number of teams and potential rescuers from entering Libya or going to Benghazi to help while those attacks were underway."

"

They could have gotten there before the last two Americans died," Attkisson noted. "Those attacks went on for eight hours."

The email from Jeremy Bash to Jacob Sullivan, deputy chief of staff to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, came at 7:19 pm Washington time.

Attkisson notes in Part One of "Rescue Interrupted" that "the White House has refused to detail the involvement of President Obama -- the Commander-in-Chief -- while Americans were under attack on foreign soil."

• Like 1

An AC130 or 2 ship of A-10s....or evena few more trigger pullers would have made all the difference.

Hell, my unit was on its way to Somalia to support the Rangers and we got turned around halfway there and sent home as the show of force and firepower was considered OVER KILL. I bet all of those killed would have loved to have our hogs on the ground even if we were ONLY carrying TP Rounds in our GAU...to provide that air support when needed. Same old story....public perception, politics with State Dept and WhiteHouse...trump security and saving American lives...again. Only thing consistent is a Clinton was involved last time too.

Edited by Brock
  • Like 1