Indian Motorcycle Community

Denver Motorcycle Expo

I usually go to this event, but didn't this year - good thing.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_29453858/second-day-canceled-after-shooting-denver-national-western-complex

The press is being very tight lipped about the people involved. Two MC's - word is one of the clubs involved have cops for members.

• Like 1

Seems now all the shooting was done by a "security guard" in "self defense". Hmm..... :rock:

There's a lot here that will never go public.

I was there and it happened not far from me, but even I had no idea what was going on and never heard the shots. Most people at the show had not idea it was going on. Even afterwards people just kept on shopping. One thing that did happen was right after it, all the 1% and their support clubs disappeared fast, even the ones not involved. I have to say, the atmosphere was significantly better, and more relaxed once all the clubs left.

Joe

• Like 1

Where are the "Wild Hogs" when you need them?

Funny. That was actually on TV last night. I watched it for 10 min, just as stupid as I remember.

Just a deadly trend that's evolved with a new kinda Sons of Anarchy styled club.

Obviously state sanctioned & licensed to kill indiscriminately in large public gatherings of riders.

A dose of Big Brother terror injection into the motorcycle culture.

Something folks should be aware of because it doesn't seem to be getting any safer out there.

ymmv

Lion-Gazelle-Masthead.jpg

To be honest, many of the members of MC's have a fetish about the "Sons of Anarchy" type of lifestyle. Not actually the TV show specifically, but they like to think of themselves as badass biker outlaws. In reality, many are just "guys". Not too far removed from the Wild Hogs representation. They have families, regular jobs, kids, a mortgage and a wife. Same thing applies to Police, Vets, Religious, etc.. They aren't cowboys in the wild wild west. Just people. People pretending. People act stupid sometimes. Well...a lot of the time.

• Like 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZBiz7Cy200

LEO Gangs like Iron Order have no right to exist period!

What is a LEO Gang?

To be honest, many of the members of MC's have a fetish about the "Sons of Anarchy" type of lifestyle. Not actually the TV show specifically, but they like to think of themselves as badass biker outlaws. In reality, many are just "guys". Not too far removed from the Wild Hogs representation. They have families, regular jobs, kids, a mortgage and a wife. Same thing applies to Police, Vets, Religious, etc.. They aren't cowboys in the wild wild west. Just people. People pretending. People act stupid sometimes. Well...a lot of the time.

The whole vibe of MC's have changed a lot over the years. My father was a POB MC member (Pissed Off Bastards) back in the 40's & 50's. They just rode their bikes, hung out together drinking beer and yeah they got rowdy sometimes but it was no big deal - that's what I saw at least.

Frankly I blame the media for changing the way it was and creating the "outlaw" image. Initially "outlaw" didn't mean you were a criminal, it meant that you lived outside of the law by your own credo and standards. Anyway initially it was Life Magazine and some other printed media that eventually turned a fictional telling of what happened in Hollister CA back in 47 into the "Wild One" movie.. with Marlon Brando acting kind of like a sissy boy in my view.

Anyway.. just like it will say on my tombstone one day... "one thing led to another, and now here we are."

It seems to me that now a lot of the guys getting into the whole MC thing are just playing a part.. acting much like what was shown on sons of anarchy (lousy show in my opinion). It's like they are playing pretend, like we did when we were kids. It's come down to posturing.. looking like a bad ass because you want to get noticed. NFM (not for me).

• Like 1